Lay Off Hurley | The Boneyard

Lay Off Hurley

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Seriously. He’s in a very difficult position. James is getting information from his own personal surgeon and advisors - not connected to the university at all. They don’t talk to Hurley. They communicate through James and his people.

Hurley cannot publicly say “James went against University advice, got his own surgeon and advisors, and is now paying for that with either:
A) a faulty unsuccessful surgery
B) a successful surgery, but he is not playing because he or his party doesn’t want to hurt his draft stock

Option B, which is more than likely at least partially true, would be a team killer. Bouknight is toying with the coaching staff, and Hurley can’t throw his player under the bus. He’s giving the information just as he gets it.

If James and his people truly wanted to be out there he would be. The initial 2-4 week timeline was estimated by team doctors because they know how minor of an injury this really is.

Reaction Score
Seriously. He’s in a very difficult position. James is getting information from his own personal surgeon and advisors - not connected to the university at all. They don’t talk to Hurley. They communicate through James and his people.

Hurley cannot publicly say “James went against University advice, got his own surgeon and advisors, and is now paying for that with either:
A) a faulty unsuccessful surgery
B) a successful surgery, but he is not playing because he or his party doesn’t want to hurt his draft stock

Option B, which is more than likely at least partially true, would be a team killer. Bouknight is toying with the coaching staff, and Hurley can’t throw his player under the bus. He’s giving the information just as he gets it.

If James and his people truly wanted to be out there he would be. The initial 2-4 week timeline was estimated by team doctors because they know how minor of an injury this really is.
Says who? He threw Polley and Cole under the bus a couple games ago. He needs to manage this situation better, I think everyone agrees. And he needs to manage this losing better to the public. But none of that even bothers me all that much. What bothers me is how bad he is getting out-coached and out- maneuvered recently. It is a VERY disturbing trend. His in-game coaching is leaving a LOT to be desired and needs to get better in a hurry.

Reaction Score
irrational man help GIF

Reaction Score
just wanna make sure i'm still following...bouk hyperextended his elbow and then had an unrelated surgery to remove some bone spurs, which carries virtually no risk of long term injury, yet he's sitting out. do i have that right?

Reaction Score
just wanna make sure i'm still following...bouk hyperextended his elbow and then had an unrelated surgery to remove some bone spurs, which carries virtually no risk of long term injury, yet he's sitting out. do i have that right?
Yes.

Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with what he’s saying about Bouknight. I do have a problem with him blaming the crappy offense on the PG play and lack of confidence from the players. Anyone with two eyes can see that the offensive sets are abysmal and that starts with the coaching staff.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

had surgery with a surgeon not connected to the university...that the boneyard thinks isn’t speaking to Hurley or the medical team

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Says who? He threw Polley and Cole under the bus a couple games ago. He needs to manage this situation better, I think everyone agrees. And he needs to manage this losing better to the public. But none of that even bothers me all that much. What bothers me is how bad he is getting out-coached and out- maneuvered recently. It is a VERY disturbing trend. His in-game coaching is leaving a LOT to be desired and needs to get better in a hurry.
I don’t have a problem with what he’s saying about Bouknight. I do have a problem with him blaming the crappy offense on the PG play and lack of confidence from the players. Anyone with two eyes can see that the offensive sets are abysmal and that starts with the coaching staff.
This team is built around James. When you remove him things get difficult and you need to adapt. It’s easier said than done.

Reaction Score
We have enough talent to play better. Whaley has regressed. He is no longer aggressive on the offiesive end. What happen to the baseline jumper? Mid range game? Aggressive rebounding dunks? Gaff makes s shot disappears. Cole, plays hard. Scores some. Misses to many free throws. Doesn't hit enough 3s to be small guy. Martin, like his game misses to many bunnies. Sanago beast soon.

Adams played better last year. Not a threat to hit the 3 anymore.

Jackson is a great distributor who has no one to distribute to.

Not impressed with the coaching right now. Could be better. Definitely expected bite from these dogs paying now. But coach has dealt with a lot of stoppage. Looks like Alpha Husky getting NBA advice. JMHO.

For nelson can't wait for our recruits to get here and take over from day one. Their mix tapes are banging.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also when your supposed “best shooter” goes 2-12 or whatever he was including a three to tie with like 2 min left, your offense is going to look bad. Got shots, didn’t make them. Those shots drop, different ball game. Wide open.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How would the BY feel if Emeka Okafor sat out the rest of the 2003/2004 season with back spasms to secure a draft spot?

Didn't realize 2003=2021. I missed when they played covid seasons during 2003. I missed the culture change of securing the bag in 2003?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I do have a problem with him blaming the crappy offense on the PG play and lack of confidence from the players.
I think the PG play is a big part of it. They need to break their man down, get into the paint and either score or dish. I don't know their assist numbers, but I bet they're really low. There are a number of issues with just about all the players, but no sense running them down.

Reaction Score
it's not even just bouk it's akok too. what team would survive losing it's 2 best players?
Akoks been out for a year. He’s had plenty of time to plan around that. It’s not that we’re loosing. It’s how bad we look doing it. The offense is a shinty show. And Akoks absence impacts the D more than the O

Reaction Score
And Akoks absence impacts the D more than the O
i disagree. whaley is a great defender at the PF spot but his O has been a liability

EDIT- we got so lucky with martin. he's our leading rebounder. he should be playing PF.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom