Lawrence Wilson Arrested | The Boneyard

Lawrence Wilson Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The littany of responses on and off the boards to this unfortunate event are somewhat predictable. I just remember he helped UConn fb do great things. Therefore, all I will say is DANG! and DOUBLE DANG!!

Reaction Score
pulled over for going 11 over and then caught with a small amount for personal use. a lot of people get pulled over for this and get nothing but a warning. here in NJ that's not even enough pot to qualify as a crime, it's a disorderly persons charge, and the speeding ticket would have bigger penalty than ther disorderly persons charge

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
76 in a 65 is not exactly a unique offense. And 11 grams of pot isn't exactly a huge deal either. This is a situation where I don't particularly hold either offense against him as being a big deal but this is the risk you run when you're in the public eye.

Reaction Score
From the comments:

"The pot bust won't hurt his career. The police report stating he started to cry might."

Reaction Score
Not smart to be puff'n and driving. Big danger to yourself and others. Smart guys this has a sobering impact, hope he is one of the smart guys. .39 oz. doesn't seem like much.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Pretty dumb to be driving around with almost a half ounce. That's a lot more than you'd need for a couple days at a Dead show. It should be legal anyway though. This is a non issue for me and won't affect my liking of Lawrence one bit.

Does it say he was puffing and driving though? That seems like a bit of am assumption and would make the crime a lot worse.

Reaction Score
Pretty dumb to be driving around with almost a half ounce. That's a lot more than you'd need for a couple days at a Dead show. It should be legal anyway though. This is a non issue for me and won't affect my liking of Lawrence one bit.

Does it say he was puffing and driving though? That seems like a bit of am assumption and would make the crime a lot worse.
I've been a paramedic for a long time. I've seen literally countless fatal accidents from drinking and driving. I have never seen one from baking and driving. We've all seen people like that. "omg, I'm flyin! I better slow down!". "dude, you're doing 14 miles an hour". I in no way advocate doing this, just my own anecdotal evidence says it's either not that dangerous or more likely no one wants to drive stoned. Oh and those horrible weed od's? It's called nap time.

Reaction Score
76 in a 65 is not exactly a unique offense. And 11 grams of pot isn't exactly a huge deal either. This is a situation where I don't particularly hold either offense against him as being a big deal but this is the risk you run when you're in the public eye.

I gotta disagree with you Mets1090. You say "this is the risk you run when your in the public eye" . This is the risk you take when you smoke and carry marijuana in your vehicle. And honestly Lawrence Wilson isn't exactly in the public eye.

He messed up and he got arrested for it. It doesnt make him a bad person but Let's not make excuses for him

Reaction Score
I gotta disagree with you Mets1090. You say "this is the risk you run when your in the public eye" . This is the risk you take when you smoke and carry marijuana in your vehicle. And honestly Lawrence Wilson isn't exactly in the public eye.

He messed up and he got arrested for it. It doesnt make him a bad person but Let's not make excuses for him

valid point.

Reaction Score

Smelled the odor of M on him, maybe he took an M bath to sooth his skin before the trip. ;)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Driving under the influence is still stupid no matter what you have seen as a paramedic. This is from my experience as a drug counselor.

I've been a paramedic for a long time. I've seen literally countless fatal accidents from drinking and driving. I have never seen one from baking and driving. We've all seen people like that. "omg, I'm flyin! I better slow down!". "dude, you're doing 14 miles an hour". I in no way advocate doing this, just my own anecdotal evidence says it's either not that dangerous or more likely no one wants to drive stoned. Oh and those horrible weed od's? It's called nap time.

Reaction Score
Driving under the influence is still stupid no matter what you have seen as a paramedic. This is from my experience as a drug counselor.
Totally agree. Consequences, as Wilson now sees, are definitely there regardless.

Reaction Score
A significant amount of strong marijuana can emit a smell regardless of whether the driver was under the influence, so we can't discern from this story whether or not he was under the influence of drugs.

In CT, this would've been a fine and no big deal. Silly non-decriminalized states. ;)

Reaction Score
A significant amount of strong marijuana can emit a smell regardless of whether the driver was under the influence, so we can't discern from this story whether or not he was under the influence of drugs.

Time of the arrest was 4:20. Just sayin'

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Drugs are bad, mkay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger