Law and Order | The Boneyard

Law and Order

Reaction Score
In one of the earlier seasons of SVU, maybe season 2, there was a case involving a fictional college basketball team.

One line from that episode "... It used to be Georgetown, now it's the UConn Huskies" - Detective Munch

Edit: Found it. Season 1 Episode 6 "Sophomore Jinx"

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
In one of the earlier seasons of SVU, maybe season 2, there was a case involving a fictional college basketball team.

One line from that episode "... It used to be Georgetown, now it's the UConn Huskies" - Detective Munch

mgid:arc:content:comedycentral.com:999aa2e4-eb8f-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30

stop me iffn u heard this before.
belz is born in Bridgeport, grad of warde in fairdale.
he was a reporter for the Bridgeport Post, and he has family that are full on UConn hoops nuts, well.... munch is a total husky.
he collected a check from that show for 15 years, and 'In addition, Belzer has played Munch in episodes on seven other series and in a sketch on one talk show, making Munch the only fictional character to appear on eleven different television shows played by a single actor.'
also, munch the character lasted 22 years, blowing away the record of matt dillon and frazier.

the Park City - momma sez knock u out, and take the cash.

Reaction Score

he was a reporter for the Bridgeport Post, and he has family that are full on UConn hoops nuts, well.... munch is a total husky.
he collected a check from that show for 15 years, and 'In addition, Belzer has played Munch in episodes on seven other series and in a sketch on one talk show, making Munch the only fictional character to appear on eleven different television shows played by a single actor.'
also, munch the character lasted 22 years, blowing away the record of matt dillon and frazier.

RIP Belzer

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'Richard Belzer, a comedian known for his role as cynical “Law & Order” detective John Munch, has died at 78 — his last words as edgy as his long career: “F— you, motherf—er.” NY Post.
see how that works?
and, in a similar vein, lou played on the Bport courts for years before coming here. 'nuff said.

and, Bridgeport people do dress. check out the slick herringbone that he wears in the Post pix, and that other button mania thing.
hey auggie! r u paying attention? u ain't in teaneck anymore, so lose the sweatpants look!

rip belz.

Reaction Score

Matt Dillon?

Reaction Score

you beat me to it. That was the episode with the basketball player accused of a crime. That was Season 1, which was in 1999. That was when UConn reached it's peak in popularity and reputation and it never really went below that. Even in the rough years from 2017-2019, UConn was already cemented as a national powerhouse brand.

Reaction Score
When he was being described, he was "a tall guy, about 6 foot". Kinda short for Duke, NC or UC. I guess that's why he went to Hudson.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i used to set around with a pal who was a film school student. he had a, at the time not so common big screen, dlp i think, and was a fan of tv b+w westerns shows. i had little exposure to those as they were pre-cliff. one guy had a horse while his pal had a jeep. another 'cowboy' had a plane, yet most were just horse based. all with guns. new world for me, and i still enjoy them today. some of the more obscure ones are absolutely downright brutal.
a fav topic of discussion was 'between the Marshal and the Rifleman, who'd win a shootout?' never solved that one, tho it sure wouldn't be barney fife. he had to always take a bullet out of his shirt pocket. don't know how it would turn out if that wild, wild, west guy was in the picture. he could invent a glock out of tumbleweeds and a dead snake.
all of them seemed to only eat beans, coffee, and hardtack. good thing they had to poop out in the desert. no rain around to keep that 'fresh.'
belz should have had a gig or two as a goodguy gunslinger. imagine him all dressed in black, with lots of silver to adorn his getup, and a tagline when he meets the bad guys 'whut u talkin 'bout, willis?'
lots of his Bport pals did, like this one.
robert-mitchum-beyond-the-last-frontier.jpg

this list is just plain nuts.
This is a list of notable people associated with Bridgeport, Connecticut who achieved great public distinction, listed in the category for which they are best known.
List of people from Bridgeport, Connecticut - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
Anyone see Law and Order this week? The suspect was an athlete who blew his knee out. He said I was the number one recruit. Offers from Duke, North Carolina, UConn
I just watched the episode on recorded playback. I saw that scene. It gave me a rush like snorting the best cocaine. I never snorted cocaine, but I have friends that did and they tell me the rush it gave them ;)

Reaction Score
977216564-Matt-1.jpg

that's Marshal Matt Dillon to you, bub. lol.
'shoot first, ask questions later, when an obvious bad guy is in your sights.'

He sounds like Marshal Raylan Givens...You take one more step, I'll shoot you. That’s all I’m going to say.

as.jpg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom