Lauren Cox- list of six colleges | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox- list of six colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would say if she continues to make the process as theatrical as Wilson did, the odds of Geno's staying interested will get slimmer regardless whether she is interested in UConn.
How has she made the process theatrical?

Some UCONN fans seem to think that just because we are interested in someone, they should be all over giving us a verbal. Not saying that's you, but how is her taking her sweet time in choosing a school "theatrical"? They are going thru the process and she's the best player in the class. She will have the choice of literally any school she wants.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
There are going to be so many people on this board trashing her if she doesn't pick UCONN, I can already tell.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There are going to be so many people on this board trashing her if she doesn't pick UCONN, I can already tell.
How can you tell? And could you please predict exactly how many is "so many"? And if she happens to pick UCONN then it will be a universal love fest of he SC board right?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It seems to me that this recruitment is the least theatrical I have seen in a while - her family, coaches, and she herself haven't said anything beyond identifying a list of schools she is looking at starting with ten or so and dropping down to six. No comments about what she is looking at, and just saying she is taking her time and will take her official visits before making a decision.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
How can you tell? And could you please predict exactly how many is "so many"? And if she happens to pick UCONN then it will be a universal love fest of he SC board right?

No need to get defensive. Your urgency to be snarky does nothing to refute my claim.

As for what I'm basing my prediction off of.. I'll use the example of A'ja Wilson. Prior to her picking SC, the consensus here was "oh she's taking her time, UCONN still has a chance" blah blah... Now, she's "theatrical and Geno lost interest". Ok...

Bottom line, this board had NOTHING but great things to say about Wilson. Immediately once she picked SC I remember seeing several post on here questioning her will to win, her desire to be elite and I even remember somebody asking if she really enjoys basketball... Really bizarre. All because she picked little ol' SC.

I'm seeing the same post I saw last year.. Except the name is "Cox" and not "Wilson"

And I can guarantee you that if Cox doesn't pick SC there will not be a single negative post about Cox on any SC board.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No need to get defensive. Your urgency to be snarky does nothing to refute my claim.

As for what I'm basing my prediction off of.. I'll use the example of A'ja Wilson. Prior to her picking SC, the consensus here was "oh she's taking her time, UCONN still has a chance" blah blah... Now, she's "theatrical and Geno lost interest". Ok...

Bottom line, this board had NOTHING but great things to say about Wilson. Immediately once she picked SC I remember seeing several post on here questioning her will to win, her desire to be elite and I even remember somebody asking if she really enjoys basketball... Really bizarre. All because she picked little ol' SC.

I'm seeing the same post I saw last year.. Except the name is "Cox" and not "Wilson"

And I can guarantee you that if Cox doesn't pick SC there will not be a single negative post about Cox on any SC board.
Shots fired will be returned is my motto. Don't get blinded by the pace of the return fire.
You are correct in your examples on Wilson. You are also waaaaaaay overstating! Sure there were a few posters who questioned her will to be great, but there was a far greater numbers either wishing her well, or outright challenging those posters who questioned her desire to be great. I will kindly remind you of the bolded part of your post at the appropriate time.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I will kindly remind you of the bolded part of your post at the appropriate time.

Sure, I stand by that claim. The general consensus on most SC boards is that we have no shot at Cox.. so you can't miss what you never had.

Also, this doesn't apply to schools.. you may see some trash talk about the particular school, mainly if its UCONN, but you will not see anybody trashing Lauren Cox the person..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So Cox should just cancel her visit to SC then right?
I'm not sure I follow you, how do you trash UCONN without mentioning names ( coaches & players)? Without people UCONN is just a bunch of land & buildings with a lot of championship banners. That is not really trashing is it? More like deep envy.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
So Cox should just cancel her visit to SC then right?
I'm not sure I follow you, how do you trash UCONN without mentioning names ( coaches & players)? Without people UCONN is just a bunch of land & buildings with a lot of championship banners. That is not really trashing is it? More like deep envy.

Who am I to say what she should do.. I'm not Lauren Cox and as far as I'm concerned she doesn't post on any SC boards. So the general consensus is just that.... the general consensus. It's what the fans believe. Who knows what's in the mind of a 17 year old. SC could be a favorite!

As for the second part of your post.. I'm just gonna let you interpret it however because you're trying to complicate something that's pretty clear. You're intellectually capable so you know exactly what I meant by not trash talking Cox, so why even try to flip this argument.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I really don't understand or perhaps some posters don't understand that when a player commits to a school other then their school some posters will rejoice, some posters will congratulate her some posters will not. Why because theyre human and that's just the way it is. For me no matter what sport you play to be coached by the best and play with the best is an opportunity and if you have that opportunity you should jump on it because life does not give you many great opportunities. Some will, some wont, and that's just the way it is.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that Katie Lou and her parents traveled all the way from Flower Mound, Texas, to South Bend, Indiana, to watch UConn play (and whip) Notre Dame.

Is this correct?

If so, why did they do it?

Inquiring minds (and speculating posters) want to know.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that Katie Lou and her parents traveled all the way from Flower Mound, Texas, to South Bend, Indiana, to watch UConn play (and whip) Notre Dame.

Is this correct?

What was Katie Lou doing in Flower Mound?

Reaction Score

You are way off base SCGamecock; all UCONN Fans know that Cox is a tremendous talent and will still be a tremendous talent whether or not she chooses UCONN.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Is this correct?

I don't think there's any special reason, though it's safe to say that she likely has (or had) substantial interest in ND. Beyond that, it may have just happened to work with her schedule. This article mentions that they were also looking at the UConn schedule to see if they could make an unofficial to UConn, but had to work around Lauren's game schedule.

Reaction Score
How has she made the process theatrical?

Some UCONN fans seem to think that just because we are interested in someone, they should be all over giving us a verbal. Not saying that's you, but how is her taking her sweet time in choosing a school "theatrical"? They are going thru the process and she's the best player in the class. She will have the choice of literally any school she wants.
I am not saying that they need to give anybody a verbal at all. If they are tight lips, they do not need to announce and update a list of the schools. They do not have to say anything and they only need to tell the world that they are still in the process.

JS

Reaction Score
Your claim is borderline trolling. Directed at this board by extrapolation from a few ungracious posts in a past case of special interest to you.

Most visitors here, including SC fans, contribute something to the board -- information, reasoned opinion, humor.

Stirring the pot with implied derogation of the "nature" of UConn fans who post here falls short of a contribution.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am not saying that they need to give anybody a verbal at all. If they are tight lips, they do not need to announce and update a list of the schools. They do not have to say anything and they only need to tell the world that they are still in the process.
Sure, but doing so doesn't make it theatrical. Hell pretty much all the major recruits narrow their list and let people know. Or rather, people are always asking.

Reaction Score

Tell me, does "there will not be a single negative post about Cox on any SC board" apply to Stephanie Mavunga also ?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Tell me, does "there will not be a single negative post about Cox on any SC board" apply to Stephanie Mavunga also ?

Unless "Stephanie Mavunga" is the alias of Cox then no. I'm confused why Mavunga is even being brought up right now. She was NEVER coming to SC.

You put what I said in quotation marks. It's in lamens terms. No need to complicate it.

Reaction Score
Unless "Stephanie Mavunga" is the alias of Cox then no. I'm confused why Mavunga is even being brought up right now. She was NEVER coming to SC.

You put what I said in quotation marks. It's in lamens terms. No need to complicate it.

I was just wondering if Mavunga will receive the same courtesy from South Carolina fans that you say will be extended to Cox if neither decides to attend SC ? You answered that question with a NO. Certainly there are some gamecock fans who were openly discussing the possibility of Mavunga going to SC. Yet you agree that they will be treated differently if neither attend SC.
I find using quotes clarifies situations rather than complicating them. One cannot respond; I did not say that.
And that's regardless of what "terms" they may be in.

Reaction Score
Some of us have sent kids to college and with each of my kids we saw fine schools in attractive locations and there was always more than one good choice. In the end I relied on their "gut" feeling as to where they would do the best, be the happiest, and accomplish the most. It worked all three times for us.

All of these girls we talk about here have the same opportunity to choose a place that they feel fits them well. I kept an open mind about my own and we all should do the same for Cox, McCoy, Walker and the other high schools stars who are looking to their future.

SC Gamecock may find a voice or two to reinforce his argument, but I wouldn't want to think that someone as talented as Lauren Cox would be disparaged here because of a choice that she makes as a seventeen year old.

And as far as the comment that if she wants to win or be a champion then she should realize that UCONN is her obvious choice, where would we be today if Rebecca decided that the real winners were in Knoxville and that our Huskies were no more than wannabes.

If Lauren chooses Walz or Mulkey over Geno then we''l all just have to fasten our seat belts and get ready for the wars that will follow. Actually right now with SC being where they are, Tennessee reloading, Louisville on the rise again with Durr and company and ND being ND the next few years promise to be exciting for us (at least a couple of times a years).

Now if we had made it into the ACC we'd be looking at some real fun.

Reaction Score
Ever been in a Texas winter?? Wind will blow you 3 miles before you can stand up. Cold very cold wind. Got so cold one year the water pipes in the streets of fort worth froze up and burst. She knows cold. Ice skating at Uconn's rink is great fun--she'll like it.

I'm counting on Global Warming to equalize the winter disadvantage for UConn.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was just wondering if Mavunga will receive the same courtesy from South Carolina fans that you say will be extended to Cox if neither decides to attend SC ? You answered that question with a NO. Certainly there are some gamecock fans who were openly discussing the possibility of Mavunga going to SC. Yet you agree that they will be treated differently if neither attend SC.
I find using quotes clarifies situations rather than complicating them. One cannot respond; I did not say that.
And that's regardless of what "terms" they may be in.

Correction: I never agreed to anything regarding Mavunga. Everything I've said applies to Lauren Cox. Stop your insinuating and word pluff.

Some Gamecock fans may have expressed interest in Mavunga but that's all it was. Dawn was on a roll signing transfers from the ACC so of course ears are going to perk (feathers are going to rustle?) when news broke that another transfer was on the market... but anybody with an understanding of scholarships knew immediately that the only way she ends up at SC would be as a walk on = highly unlikely she ends up at SC.

TL;DR ... To reiterate, no, my courtesy only applies to Lauren Cox. Mavunga has nothing to do with the University of South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Correction: I never agreed to anything regarding Mavunga. Everything I've said applies to Lauren Cox. Stop your insinuating and word pluff.

Some Gamecock fans may have expressed interest in Mavunga but that's all it was. Dawn was on a roll signing transfers from the ACC so of course ears are going to perk (feathers are going to rustle?) when news broke that another transfer was on the market... but anybody with an understanding of scholarships knew immediately that the only way she ends up at SC would be as a walk on = highly unlikely she ends up at SC.

TL;DR ... To reiterate, no, my courtesy only applies to Lauren Cox. Mavunga has nothing to do with the University of South Carolina.

???? Did you not answer "No", Mavunga will not receive the same courtesy that Cox will ?
So if Mavunga is not treated the same as Cox then she has to be treated differently. It's not that difficult a concept. You agree that they will be treated differently. It's quite clear. There's no insinuating or word pluff. BTW, what is "word pluff" ? And is it similar to "lamens terms" ?
If the 5 sentences in my last post were too many for you to read, that explains everything I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom