Lauren Betts to Stanford | The Boneyard

Lauren Betts to Stanford

Reaction Score
20210113_100449.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Loving it. Here’s hoping we can resume the UConn-Stanford games now that both teams are stacked again for the foreseeable future.
If Tara wants it, the series will restart.

Congrats on a great pick up.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A huge get for Stanford. At 6'7", I'm sure Betts will soon find her way into Tara's starting lineup. Stanford is already a team that has become a regular in "late" tournament play. Stanford, like UConn, Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, South Carolina Maryland, etc., are/will be expected to make the sweet 16 for the foreseeable future.

Betts' commitment to the program solidifies their post position needs for the next 4 years, and could possibly be the player that attracts other recruits in 2021 and future classes to Stanford. Right now, no team in the PAC 12 has an answer for her, but you can "BETT" they'll be looking. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will be happy with just one. Could see the top handful of programs each winning one as I don't think there will be one dominant team like we saw during the Stewie years.

Reaction Score
Tara does not want to give up the all-time wins lead to Geno anytime soon! Major win for Stanford & big blow to UConn. UConn is way too guard & swing forward heavy over the next few years, and lacks center depth going forward. Betts would have solved this problem.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The Golden Domers will not be pleased...

Loving it. Here’s hoping we can resume the UConn-Stanford games now that both teams are stacked again for the foreseeable future.

First, congrats in order To TheFarmFan for quite the get. This hurts because ND (led by Post Coach Carol Owens) was making a hard pitch for Ms. Betts. Hard to compete against Tara and Stanford and ND has never done much recruiting (well) west of the Mississippi River, but the efforts were made for Ms. Betts and Ms. Gardiner (we're her only finalist east of Utah). We'll see what happens with Timea G.

This continues the recent Colorado to northern California pipeline:
Currently have:
  • Sophomore Fran Belibi, the 6'1" dunker who starts & averages 12.0 ppg;
  • Sophomore Ashten Prechtel, 6'5" forward/center, comes off the bench
  • Freshman Jana Van Gytenbeek, 5'7" point guard, does not play much but has two solid senior guards in front of her.

Switching states, 6'4" Cameron Brink is just a frosh there now and is playing well off the bench. Betts and Brink will be some combination.

As for ND, I'm guessing Niele, Mike (Michaela Mabrey, her recruiting coordinator) and Coach Owens will now focus (hard, very hard please) on forwards Ayanna Patterson, Janiah Barker and Timea Gardiner.
Luckily, the Irish have 6'5" Nat Marshall recovering from her ACL injury so we're not devoid of height (no, she's not close to a Betts, but she is that height (I sat next to her at the ND-Fordham game) and plays good defense and rebounds, both of which we need.)

Once again, congrats Cardinal (better that one! ;)

Reaction Score
Have a feeling this is the first of a great class for Stanford. Predicting Timea Gardiner and Kiki Rice will be joining her.
Not a rare occurrence for the Stanford Women's program. They are ranked number one this year for a reason. They always have great recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
It's going to be fun to watch the post play in the PAC-12. Games between Stanford, Oregon, and Oregon State will be on my radar for sure.

I've enjoyed watching what I was able to see of Betts at the FIBA U16 in 2019. She's going to a great program that can help develop her further.

Reaction Score
I feel like Tara has a grip hold on the Mountain West. People think it's an obstacle for her to recruit because Stanford has high standards for acceptance, but it is the opposite. Athletes want to go to Stanford for the education, for the scenery, and for the basketball opportunity. I feel like most of the top girls basketball recruits are top students, so going to a top school is a no brainer. I seen this coming

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tara does not want to give up the all-time wins lead to Geno anytime soon! Major win for Stanford & big blow to UConn. UConn is way too guard & swing forward heavy over the next few years, and lacks center depth going forward. Betts would have solved this problem.

Ya'll have ONO for at least another season, plus 6-5 Amari Deberry next and 6-3 Isuneh Brady the year after. Plus your current freshmen of 6-5 Piath Gabriel and 6-3 Aaliyah Edwards. Lots of quality size and strength in the front court.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dang, if L Betts is 6’7” how tall is her dad?
Dad has got to be at least 6-9/10. I expect the son to be taller than Lauren. Tall people beget tall children.

Reaction Score
Dad has got to be at least 6-9/10. I expect the son to be taller than Lauren. Tall people beget tall children.
Dad is 7’1”. He played professional basketball and was drafted in the NBA. He is from England I think. Betts’ sister is a 2025 and is 6-1.

Reaction Score
Dad is 7’1”. He played professional basketball and was drafted in the NBA. He is from England I think. Betts’ sister is a 2025 and is 6-1.

Yes, from England. Played in Europe for 14 seasons. Never in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom