Laughingstock Now, Irrelevant Later | The Boneyard

Laughingstock Now, Irrelevant Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe we should savor the time now when our losing to cupcakes is actually newsworthy. It's already becoming commonplace, media is just slow to catch on.

This program can't afford 2-3 more mediocre seasons where we teeter on the edge of relevance and produce zero NBA talent of note.

KO can recruit guards, he can coach team defense, but it's becoming increasingly evident that that's all he can do. If this keeps up, the well of recruits will run dry.

Rather than being the AAC version of Gonzaga, we'll be Houston, a historical footnote irrelevant in the modern college basketball landscape. We're already well on our way.

Reaction Score
Getting left out of the P5 was the death blow to the athletic program anyways. Why not expedite our demise?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I really hope I can look back at this in February and/or next December and just laugh

Reaction Score

I really hope I can look back at this in February and/or next December and just laugh

I do too.

On the other hand, I'm not in denial about the long-term trajectory of this program (and, frankly, have been saying this for years).

Reaction Score
I do too.

On the other hand, I'm not in denial about the long-term trajectory of this program (and, frankly, have been saying this for years).

I have given you crap about your pessimism for years and now I am calling you and raising all in. Thanks KO.

Reaction Score
I do too.

I don't think anyone is in denial - we are never going to be as good as we were in the 90s. And I think Shaka Smart would've been a good choice too but all things considered, we are lucky to have KO. I get he's not a great game coach and the bigs lack of development is frustrating, but who else brings in a top 5 class to this dumpster fire of a conference? The recruits are not coming to play Tulane at the XL in front of 8,000 old people sitting on their hands - they are coming because of KO. A few tweaks to the staff and player dev can be fixed - having an uncharismatic coach that can't recruit cannot be fixed (talking about every other REALISTIC candidate other than KO and Smart).

Reaction Score
No regrets whatsoever about hiring KO. He got us 1 NC. More than what 99% coaches could have done. Moving forward he needs to be judged on his recent resume. We won the AAC tourny and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAAT last year, so a bit premature to discuss his departure

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't mind Tenspro, he's had a tough night. I though he was going to put a contract out on Geno because the women only won by 2 last night.

Reaction Score
you people are so sad, why don't you guys just drive off a cliff? If your lives are so sad in every moment that basketball is all you breathe for... why keep going?

I'm so sick of being fellow fans with you whiny negative nancies. Am I proud? Hell no, but its basketball, grow up!

We can still absolutely turn this season around, we're in a joke of a conference which we can still absolutely crush and earn a guaranteed spot in the tourney. I spent 20 minutes depressed about this, then realized Donald Trump is going to be my president so UConn basketball is far from what I'm truly embarrassed about.

Dust yourselves off, put on your clothes, go to work, and love your family and friends, children

Reaction Score
No regrets whatsoever about hiring KO. He got us 1 NC. More than what 99% coaches could have done. Moving forward he needs to be judged on his recent resume. We won the AAC tourny and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAAT last year, so a bit premature to discuss his departure

Winning the AAC tourney last year was only because SMU was suspended from it. Otherwise most likely a trip to the NIT.

Reaction Score
you people are so sad, why don't you guys just drive off a cliff? If your lives are so sad in every moment that basketball is all you breathe for... why keep going?

I'm so sick of being fellow fans with you whiny negative nancies. Am I proud? Hell no, but its basketball, grow up!

We can still absolutely turn this season around, we're in a joke of a conference which we can still absolutely crush and earn a guaranteed spot in the tourney. I spent 20 minutes depressed about this, then realized Donald Trump is going to be my president so UConn basketball is far from what I'm truly embarrassed about.

Dust yourselves off, put on your clothes, go to work, and love your family and friends, children

Finished 6th the last two years in this joke of a conference.

Reaction Score
Finished 6th the last two years in this joke of a conference.

Sorry, and your point is tough guy? Did I say, "this joke of a conference which we've never lost a game in"?

Classic dullard argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog