latest ticket/attendance thread | The Boneyard

latest ticket/attendance thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
So, Ursus Minor is going to be in town over the holidays, so I go to the UConn ticket site for availability for the Fairfield game - 12/29, at Gampel. Thursday night, students on break. I put no restrictions on my ticket search with regard to price or seat location. Sorry, nope, can't get two tickets.

Based on what we've all seen and heard about attendance, I'd comfortably wager a hefty sum of money that there are/will be a few thousand empty seats at a weekday game at Gampel over student break, but, sorry, you can't get two tickets through the UConn ticket link!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
There is no way that game is a sell-out unless Jacquie is bringing 3,000 of her closest friends.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ticketmaster still has tickets, but only if you select the promotional price. And the seats are atrocious.

It simply should not be that difficult to obtain tickets to a low-profile game like this, even if the 2002 team is going to be recognized. There will be no shortage of empty seats.

Reaction Score
just buy your ticket at gampel the day of the game that what i usually do

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Try calling the Gampel ticket office now and informing them of the pertinent facts.

sTu

Reaction Score
The way things are I believe you are best served (although being able to scalp 15 feet from Gampel is suspect with present NCAA practices about the rest of student atleletes lives) buying from the scalpers who will sell you tickets for ten dollars if you insist and probably lower level. If they do not, buy from them or UCONN and just sit anywhere you want in the upper level.

Reaction Score
How is it that they make it so hard for a fan to spend their money on the uconn product? This surely is not warming the cockles of any fans heart, and it is not helping the attendance issue at all. In retail a happy customer tells two or three other people, an unhappy customer tells far more that they are not happy, and the OP just told everyone on this board they are not happy, Will uconn take notice ??

Reaction Score
So, Ursus Minor is going to be in town over the holidays, so I go to the UConn ticket site for availability for the Fairfield game - 12/29, at Gampel. Thursday night, students on break. I put no restrictions on my ticket search with regard to price or seat location. Sorry, nope, can't get two tickets.

Based on what we've all seen and heard about attendance, I'd comfortably wager a hefty sum of money that there are/will be a few thousand empty seats at a weekday game at Gampel over student break, but, sorry, you can't get two tickets through the UConn ticket link!
Cripes! and they wonder why ATTENDANCE IS DECLINING?????????

Reaction Score
The way things are I believe you are best served (although being able to scalp 15 feet from Gampel is suspect with present NCAA practices about the rest of student atleletes lives) buying from the scalpers who will sell you tickets for ten dollars if you insist and probably lower level. If they do not, buy from them or UCONN and just sit anywhere you want in the upper level.
I am always surprised at how openly the scalpers work in front of Gampel...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
In seemingly another world (call it competitive retail), I have completed almost all of my Christmas shopping, all on line. In every instance I was offered innumerable options, informed of all fees (tax, shipping, gift box, etc.) plus the availability of the items (ready to ship or back order). In addition, I was able to track most items from some supplier or fulfillment center to every stop from that origin to my front door.

The fellows at Bean's or Amazon or wherever act like they not only want my business but By God they seem eager to outdo one another to get it and keep it.

There must be a reason that UConn can't make the purchase of tickets a routine hassle-free exercise.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How is it that they make it so hard for a fan to spend their money on the uconn product? This surely is not warming the cockles of any fans heart, and it is not helping the attendance issue at all. In retail a happy customer tells two or three other people, an unhappy customer tells far more that they are not happy, and the OP just told everyone on this board they are not happy, Will uconn take notice ??
This is exactly why I suggest notifying the Gampel box office. The university needs to be made aware again and again the difficulty of buying tickets and the misinformation generated by the present system.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I posted about this last year and again earlier this year. I have tried obtaining tickets through the UConn ticket office and I was told there were none available or the only tickets were end zone or max nosebleed. Ticketmaster is even worse. I am convinced that Ticketmaster offers the crappiest seats first.

I don't think most people are willing to drive to Storrs on the chance that scalped tickets are available.

Reaction Score
I posted about this last year and again earlier this year. I have tried obtaining tickets through the UConn ticket office and I was told there were none available or the only tickets were end zone or max nosebleed. Ticketmaster is even worse. I am convinced that Ticketmaster offers the crappiest seats first.

I don't think most people are willing to drive to Storrs on the chance that scalped tickets are available.
Correct, it might be a long drive foe nothing!

Reaction Score
This doesn't solve the ticket problem with UConn but you might try getting tickets through Fairfield University

sTu

Reaction Score
"I don't think most people are willing to drive to Storrs on the chance that scalped tickets are available."

I have been going to games since at least 1995. Between the box office, scalpers and folks with extra tickets I have ALWAYS managed tickets every time (now I have season tickets). The present situation with folks choosing not to attend Gampel games, the reality is that thousands of seats are left unsold and available game night. This is forcing the scalpers to compete with the ten dollar pricing and low attendance as folks can move to any open upper level seat they want. That means you get in the building and you can sit on the sides with a chair back for any game that is not a strong opponent. It is what it is, no risk at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom