Latest Schedule -- No Game Until 12/30 | The Boneyard

Latest Schedule -- No Game Until 12/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1608746285449.png

Reaction Score
Team is going to live in the mid-west for a week (1/4 thru 1/11).

They should purchase a few hermetically sealed Winnebago's for this trip.

Reaction Score
Why on earth are kids going home for Christmas?
I don’t think they are, I believe they are allowing families to come in to visit them on campus. I read an article on Villanova’s local paper yesterday where instead of having kids go home and having to quarantine coming back, they are setting up a safe environment for their families to come in, tested and everything, and makes contact tracing easier if anyone tests positive. I imagine UConn and other programs are doing something similar.

Reaction Score
Positives for not playing over the 10-day holiday break:
-More rest/reps for Polly and akok
-more much needed practice time
-less chance contracting covid from travel/another team

Negatives:
-We’ve only played 4 games so far this year and I don’t think we’re in a position to give up 10 days on the calendar right now
-Yes ,January is jam packed with big East basketball for us but does anyone really believe none of those games are going to get canceled because of Covid ?big risk
-Creighton loss sticks with us for another week
-Our guys could use all the in-game experience possible ,especially with us trying to blend in our younger guys(sanogo, Ajax)considering gaffney and Adams have regressed so far.
-I find it extremely hard to believe we can’t find one D1 school to play in these 10 days off , there’s probably 30 to 40 in a 3- hour radius from here.
-God forbid the unthinkable happens , (which is actually probably a 50-50 shot ) and DePaul or us have to cancel next weeks game due to Covid , we wont play again until January 5th!!!! And no room really fir make ups

-Not that UConn really owes us any answers (even though some of us do pay a good amount to the university via tickets and donations )but why won’t they just come out and say why they won’t schedule a game during this period? please don’t tell me they couldn’t find a game -we’re all not that stupid. OK I’m off my soapbox see you guys on December 30th (hopefully) and Maybe we sneak in a dumb game against Springfield College or some thing on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they are, I believe they are allowing families to come in to visit them on campus. I read an article on Villanova’s local paper yesterday where instead of having kids go home and having to quarantine coming back, they are setting up a safe environment for their families to come in, tested and everything, and makes contact tracing easier if anyone tests positive. I imagine UConn and other programs are doing something similar.
Thanks, that makes way more sense.

Reaction Score
It sure looked as if at least one game between now and DePaul was possible due to needing to make up games with St. John's and Georgetown, both of which have open schedules during the same time period.

Rhode Island has played twice as many games, and against teams from all over the map, so it's puzzling why we can't find a filler game to keep the team sharp.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
And bubbleville proved this could work...

Reaction Score
It sure looked as if at least one game between now and DePaul was possible due to needing to make up games with St. John's and Georgetown, both of which have open schedules during the same time period.

St. John's and Nova postponed a game on the 30th to give their team a break. Reading between the lines of the Borges tweet, sounds like UConn tried to schedule them for the 27th and they said no.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
St. John's postponed a game with Nova on the 30th to give their team a break. Sounds like UConn tried to schedule them for the 27th and they said no.
Georgetown is also available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog