Latest Samson Johnson workout vid | The Boneyard

Latest Samson Johnson workout vid

Reaction Score
delson training has worked with the TPS kids for a long time. They're getting top notch skill work.

would love to see samson with a perimeter skillset. Not sure if that will ever be a staple of his game though. I envision his roll as catch n shoot 3s, rim runs, and off ball cuts, and opportunistic post ups.

his stride length and wingspan are stupid Long.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
delson training has worked with the TPS kids for a long time. They're getting top notch skill work.

would love to see samson with a perimeter skillset. Not sure if that will ever be a staple of his game though. I envision his roll as catch n shoot 3s, rim runs, and off ball cuts, and opportunistic post ups.

Bold observation.

Reaction Score

Taken a few years to get it set up, but Akok and Samson are the perfect 4's for Hurley

Reaction Score
He’s thin, but he looks like a college player right now! High school kids are gonna have a tough time stopping him. He’s gonna be good for us. Not really anything in this video per say, I can just tell by the way he carries himself on the court, he looks hungry to go with his talent.

Reaction Score
Sky’s the limit for this kid.

What a program DH and his staff are building.

Reaction Score
Showing great improvement in ball skills over previous vids.. If he can create separation from defense with the ball in his hands.. He'll be a tough match up both inside and outside...Esp. after a year or two with Coach Mike.. Looks more fluid with ball than AA..

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Chief thinks Samson has NBA written all over him. Chief is usually very good at the eye test.
Exactly. Can anybody say, NBA.

Very fluid movement, uber athletic, 6'10 with length, working hard on his game, putting the ball on the floor, driving, shooting, going left, going right, SJ still learning the game, potential thru the roof.

UConn's recruiting is so good right now, it's crazy.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I really like how he picks up his dribble at the foul line extended, and effortlessly dunks either right handed or two handed without even the hint of a travel, it's one continuation step and he's airborne. still going up when he gets to the rim. This kid and Andre on the court at the same time are going to be very, very scary for opponents.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I really like how he picks up his dribble at the foul line extended, and effortlessly dunks either right handed or two handed without even the hint of a travel, it's one continuation step and he's airborne. still going up when he gets to the rim. This kid and Andre on the court at the same time are going to be very, very scary for opponents.

I keep going back to the :30 mark. That dribble, behind the back dribble and pull up looks effortless.

Reaction Score
This is a kid who Covid may have helped us, cause he seems to really be outplaying his ranking in these showcases. His growth from last season to the limited bit we’ve seen of him is crazy

Reaction Score
This is a kid who Covid may have helped us, cause he seems to really be outplaying his ranking in these showcases. His growth from last season to the limited bit we’ve seen of him is crazy

Last year he averaged 9/3/1. I would be shocked if he doesn't just about double that. No Sanogo or Kuminga--huge opportunity for this kid at a top notch school

Reaction Score
This is like going to be like watching the child of Bam Adebayo and Pascal Siakam.
Kids a stud.

Exactly correct. This type of size, agility, quickness, guard like skills, ball handling is exactly where the NBA is right now and what it is looking for from the 4 and 5 positions. Gotta be able to pick and roll and pick n pop. Gotta be able to shoot.
I've seen Sam from 3pt line, he's pretty good there right now. Must continue to improve but there is a lot of skill here to work with and develop.
Personally, I'm most excited about Sam out of all this years recruits. With health and some luck, future is NBA.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, Chief often fails the "I" test.
I’ve really been trying to get my priorities in line and I’ve been focusing an awful lot of attention on the ever important post to like ratio. Honestly Chiefs ratio is very pedestrian even after the reinstatement of thousands after the threat of restraining orders against TZZNAndrew (shout out). By comparison I consider myself to be an extremely casual fan, a mediocre at best poster and the furthest thing from an insider and yet my ratio is twice as good as his!

We need to focus on the things that really matter and that’s Chiefs embarrassing ratios. Go look at the real insiders ratios

/s

Reaction Score
Exactly. Can anybody say, NBA.

Very fluid movement, uber athletic, 6'10 with length, working hard on his game, putting the ball on the floor, driving, shooting, going left, going right, SJ still learning the game, potential thru the roof.

UConn's recruiting is so good right now, it's crazy.

I know his junior year ranking isn't there, but with what the league is looking for, he could legit be our second one and done.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Am I not seeing this correctly. It seems off the bounce he is moving really quick for a big. But as he transitions to a jump shot, he seems to slow down a notch. Also, I'd like to see him really elevate on that 12 footer. I'd like to see him explode off the floor. But then I don't know what they are working on and the stuff I see will come a little later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom