Latest committee top 16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest committee top 16

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Assuming conference tournaments go according to seed (and they never do); you get two big rematches in the tournament title games: Texas A&M vs South Carolina; and Louisville vs NC State.

I happen to think A&M's #1 seed is safe if they get to the title game; they would have already beaten SC, and they have a ton of other quality wins in their resume. If SC wins, it could be a chance to regain the #1 seed, particularly if NC State loses to Louisville.

If Louisville can beat NC State, they are easily a #2 but given the committee had them at #9 today, don't think it moves them up to a #1. An NC State win would solidify their #1 seed, imo.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Also, both Oregon and to a lesser extent, KY's, #4 seeds are on shaky grounds...but who can step up to take them? The committee is showing they haven't seen enough from Michigan to put them in the top 4, and same with USF (I don't disagree). I could see West Virginia grabbing one if they finish strong and get to B12 final. Maybe SD St or Missouri St?

Reaction Score
Also, both Oregon and to a lesser extent, KY's, #4 seeds are on shaky grounds...but who can step up to take them? The committee is showing they haven't seen enough from Michigan to put them in the top 4, and same with USF (I don't disagree). I could see West Virginia grabbing one if they finish strong and get to B12 final. Maybe SD St or Missouri St?
Could be you guys. Winners of 7 in a row ... if you can keep that going ...

Reaction Score
Their bracket

A: UConn, Arizona, Georgia, Ark
D: So Car, NC St, Indiana, Oregon

B: Stanford, Baylor, Louisville, Tenn
C: TexasAM, Maryland, UCLA, Kentucky
Not sure of the current rules but I think that if 2 top 16 conference teams meet in a regional it has to be in the E8, if possible. They would have to swap Kentucky & UCLA.

Reaction Score
Their bracket

A: UConn, Arizona, Georgia, Ark
D: So Car, NC St, Indiana, Oregon

B: Stanford, Baylor, Louisville, Tenn
C: TexasAM, Maryland, UCLA, Kentucky

If these happen to be the brackets, Georgia would scare the hell out of me. A big center that plays both ways very well would be a matchup nightmare and their wing players are very athletic.

Reaction Score
Not sure of the current rules but I think that if 2 top 16 conference teams meet in a regional it has to be in the E8, if possible. They would have to swap Kentucky & UCLA.
Preferred but not required. In this case with two #1s and three #4s, unavoidable. They will not bump seeds to just avoid that.

Tho I think TAMU as the conference winner should get to avoid it snd the matchup should happen for SoCAr.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I see that U Conn is in the Alamo bracket. As a good , loyal fan I have begun to research the site. I have it on good authority, for what it's worth. that there's no basement in the Alamo. The rest of you need to get going on further research. I submit the below source for your approval.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Could be you guys. Winners of 7 in a row ... if you can keep that going ...

They'd have to have quite a run in the B10 tourney for that to happen. RU missed the "meat" of their schedule while on COVID pause, so they haven't faced Michigan or Indiana, and they missed second games with Iowa, Northwestern, and Maryland. And as the committee is showing with Michigan, they are not looking favorably on teams who've played significantly fewer games.

Reaction Score
If these happen to be the brackets, Georgia would scare the hell out of me. A big center that plays both ways very well would be a matchup nightmare and their wing players are very athletic.
What’s funny - and probably good for the sport - is that I keep looking at pre-FF matchups and I don’t really see anybody I want to play. The Stewie years it was more like “could ND or Baylor maybe get us in the finals if they play a perfect game?”. Now I look at whether I want everyone in the top 20 and think “nope, nope, nope, nope”.

Heck, it’s not impossible we can get a somewhat worrisome 8-9 seed. Maybe Texas with Collier, or an Ole Miss team that shut down Rhyne Howard twice, or maybe Rutgers or Michigan gets way underseeded due to covid breaks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was totally idiotic to release that on Sunday afternoon instead of Monday night. After Sunday’s games, it means absolutely nothing.
More proof of how stupid it was. Oregon State just beat Oregon

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Dont really know much at this point as conference tourney's can change things up.

What I personally know at this point is:

Arizona will be a 3/4 seed.
Kentucky should fall out of top 16 or just squeak in (unless a great showing in SECT)
Louisville should move up to the 2 line with the Arizona loss
Oregon will likely drop from top 16.

Thats all i got till after conference tourneys

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
KY is a bizarre team in that they have great wins: Indiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, UGA (this is a better resume of wins than most schools ahead of them, tbh)

Of their 7 losses, 5 are understandable: SC (2x), A&M, Tennessee, DePaul;

Then you have the 2 losses to Ole Miss.

But does any other team below them, and really most teams above them, have a better slate of wins?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Agreed.

Kentucky and Arizona have been the ones I have been scratching my head the most.

I don't know what is going on with Oregon.

If the NCAA does true seeding since there wont be any geography I am looking for some massive upsets. Mostly because its going to be hard to seed these teams.

For example if NC State doesn't shoot well at the 3 they will be in danger of a loss. Arkansas can get hot behind 3 and beat anybody! Maryland can blow the doors off teams with their offense although the score may be 110-100. It will also be interesting as some of the double digit seeds may have victories over top teams (North Carolina, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Washington State). Also a team like Rice who almost beat Texas A&M. Gonna be a fun ride.

Reaction Score
Inexplicably released today but NOT counting today's results
  1. UConn
  2. Stanf
  3. TAMU
  4. So Carolina (lost today)
  5. NC St
  6. Maryland
  7. Arizona (lost today)
  8. Baylor
  9. Lou
  10. UCLA
  11. Georgia
  12. Indiana
  13. Tenn
  14. Ky (lost today)
  15. Oregon
  16. Ark
Oregon, #15, lost today, as well.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Oregon's best win is over Oregon State, whom they just lost to in the rematch. They are 0-6 against Stanford, UCLA, Arizona (though two of those losses were 2 point heartbreakers). But I think they are still in the rankings based on reputation over record.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Georgia #11 SMDH

And if Kentucky stays in the top 16 after losing to Ole Miss it'll be a crying shame

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Georgia #11 SMDH

And if Kentucky stays in the top 16 after losing to Ole Miss it'll be a crying shame

I bet you peruse through the submitted BY polls and have the same reaction.

Reaction Score
A side note to todays AP Poll. Not only did Kentucky lose to Ole Miss but they actually moved up 2 spots to #17 in the rankings....it's good to be in the SEC.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, which teams in yesterday's Top 16 do not have a single win over any of the other Top 16 teams? Someone mentioned Louisville; Baylor doesn't either. Probably a couple more.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A side note to todays AP Poll. Not only did Kentucky lose to Ole Miss but they actually moved up 2 spots to #17 in the rankings....it's good to be in the SEC.

I watched as much of the Mississippi-Kentucky replay as I could stomach. (On the other hand, the Georgia-Florida game was an unexpectedly fun track meet.) And KY moved up two slots after losing? Say what? Does anyone know what score it is? Does anyone really care? (bring in the horns now). :confused:?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So, which teams in yesterday's Top 16 do not have a single win over any of the other Top 16 teams? Someone mentioned Louisville; Baylor doesn't either. Probably a couple more.
Indiana's best wins are over Michigan, Ohio State and Northwestern; it's unclear if the Buckeyes would be top 16 if eligible. Presumably the other two only narrowly missed the cut.

Oregon not even close; best wins are over Oregon State and Washington State. (Will either of these teams make the NCAAT? WSU seems to be fading a bit, but OSU is charging hard.)

Reaction Score
They moved up because Oregon & Ohio St both lost 2 times. Ky had a good win (Ga) and a bad loss (Miss).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom