Latest Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology

Reaction Score
We're "dropping" in KenPom, but in reality other teams are passing us from playing well. Auburn and Tennessee really put the hurt on teams today.

There's a big gap from 3 to 4, and then 4-7 are pretty tightly bunched and we're in that bunch right now.

To answer your question, KenPom, BPI, KPI, and SOR are on the committee's sheets alongside NET. The former 2 are predictive metrics (mostly interested in per possession performance against expected scoring margin) and latter 2 are resume metrics (mostly interested in wins/losses).

We're ranked 7th, 11th, 11th, and 10th in those metrics respectively. And 7th in NET.
Thanks. Yea I didn’t know if our defensive efficiency could have an impact on our seeding so I guess it could potentially.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah we can beat anyone and anywhere but I want to go through Brooklyn and Boston this year. I live three blocks from Barclays and will throw a party for the first two rounds if we're a #1 seed.
@Ewekon vibes here.

Reaction Score
Then wouldn’t rankings in January be insane too? It obviously interests enough people that they publish this stuff.
Yes, they are. Does that surprise you?

Reaction Score
UNC win looking great. Texas not so much. Gonzaga had a bad non-con. Can Indiana creep up to respectability?

Reaction Score
Yeah we can beat anyone and anywhere but I want to go through Brooklyn and Boston this year. I live three blocks from Barclays and will throw a party for the first two rounds if we're a #1 seed.
Hell I can't afford NCAA tickets but I could afford this :cool:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The Adjusted defensive efficiency has taken a precipitous fall, down to #36. The Adjusted offensive efficiency is still elite at #3.

As Hurley said in those articles I posted earlier this week, they need to get better on the defensive side.

Aka the Clingan effect. Not having DC has clearly impacted our defense. Samson is doing a good job but the difference is that when DC is in the game and one of our guards gets beat off the dribble the opposing player see DC and decides to stop heading to the basket. With Samson they go and he blocks a few but we are picking up way more fouls. Not having DC hurts on offensive but because we have enough skill players and shooters we are still very efficient especially if Alex is shooting well. On defense, my eye test agrees with the computers we are not in the same class. However I do think we can improve even without DC from our current ranking. I think Steph as he continues to get to 100% is going to improve our defense. Love Alex but his defensive metrics cannot be great. Cam gets a lot of steals so he may not hurt us as much as there has to be an offset.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We went from 26.29 adjEM to 25.88 adjEM pre Big East to today. It's a small drop, but not a big amount. We'd be in 5th not 6th at that number, so 1 rank drop. The defense efficiency got worse, but the offensive got better.
Thanks. Yea I didn’t know if our defensive efficiency could have an impact on our seeding so I guess it could potentially.
They don't tend to look at just the one side of the ball for seeding I don't think.

Reaction Score
Yesterday was a good day, NET-wise. Let’s hope we avoid bad losses without the big man, and then have a chance to show the committee what we look like with a healthy Castle and Clingan prior to selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Come Selection Sunday, we'll be fine. If we want to stay in the east, we better be no worse than a 3 (maybe a 2)

Send us out West. We don’t need Brooklyn or Boston. Business trips

Reaction Score
Yeah, why
Send us out West. We don’t need Brooklyn or Boston. Business trips
Yeah why would you want to go out west when we can get maximum fans at Brooklyn and Boston. We can win in any region. Brooklyn was empty the last time they had NCAA games there. Uconn will dominate that place more than any other potential site. Same for Boston.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like attending games. We did just fine in 2014
Yeah, why

Yeah why would you want to go out west when we can get maximum fans at Brooklyn and Boston. We can win in any region. Brooklyn was empty the last time they had NCAA games there. Uconn will dominate that place more than any other potential site. Same for Boston.

Last year we went 2-0 in Albany

2014, as a 7 seed, we won the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in MSG. We had a decidedly home court advantage in the Elite 8. The Sweet 16 has fan bases from 4 schools. We were well represented but couldn't take over the building. FWIW, George Mason had a decidedly home court advantage vs us in 2006. That place was crazy, like us playing MSU in 2014.

In 2002 we lost a close game in the Elite 8 vs eventual national champion Maryland, who blew everyone else out

In 1990, the Dream Season, we lost on a last second shot to Dook in the Elite 8

I was at all those games, left every one of them happy with our season and our team, except for George Mason (but they had the home court advantage we want)

Reaction Score
Yeah, why

We usually win out west.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom