Latest Bracketology 1.11.19 | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology 1.11.19

Reaction Score
That East Carolina loss could really hurt Cincy. Not a great OOC slate and didn’t make much of the few opportunities they had for quality wins. They need to hope UCLA turns it around to make that win look halfway decent. The Ole Miss win might end up helping them as well.

Nice to see Temple getting some respect.

Reaction Score
Based on that link, a Northern Kentucky/Florida State matchup would be a lot of fun.

For a mid-major team, Northern Kentucky has a lot of size as 6 of their 8 regulars are 6'6 or taller plus their best player, Drew McDonald, is a 6'8 250 beast who can dominate the boards, distribute and stretch out and hit 3s.

Reaction Score
That East Carolina loss could really hurt Cincy. Not a great OOC slate and didn’t make much of the few opportunities they had for quality wins. They need to hope UCLA turns it around to make that win look halfway decent. The Ole Miss win might end up helping them as well.

Nice to see Temple getting some respect.
Yep that's a mind-boggling loss, but they scheduled a really good non-conference schedule.

Ole Miss (N)
UCLA
Xavier
Ohio State
@ Mississippi State
@ UNLV

They're a little unfortunate that UCLA and Xavier have crapped the bed, but that's four really good games, and Ole Miss has turned out to be a really good team (might be ranked this week) and UNLV stinks but it was a road game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Joe Lunardi

4 AAC teams:

5. Houston
9. UCF
9. Cincinnati
11 (play in game) Temple

fwiw NBE also has 4 teams.

Really glad to see potentially 4 teams in, in a down year. Memphis has disappointed and Wichita State is way down. I really do think we can see this league getting more bids than the NBE in a couple of years.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Really glad to see potentially 4 teams in, in a down year. Memphis has disappointed and Wichita State is way down. I really do think we can see this league getting more bids than the NBE in a couple of years.

you are very optimistic

Reaction Score
A lot would have to go right, but there is a lot of potential. Coaches won't get grabbed year after year in this league like they do for football. If everyone stays where they are for a while, you could be looking at a strong top half of the league and a decent mid tier. Us, Memphis, Cinci and WSu should eventually be competing for the tournament basically ever year. Throw in a good Houston/SMU/UCF/Temple team every couple years and 4-6 bids could become normal.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cuse a 10 seed after last night. Interestingly he has them facing 7 seed St Johns

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
you are very optimistic
If UConn and Memphis soon become perennial tournament teams, as I expect them to be, it's not too out of the question.
We are likely going to have a nice little league here in the coming years. We just need Wichita St., Houston, Cinci, Temple, UCF to continue their momentum of recent years.
Idk what's up with SMU and I'm not high on Jankovich, but they are another team that are capable of getting back to success relatively soon.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
If UConn and Memphis soon become perennial tournament teams, as I expect them to be, it's not too out of the question.
We are likely going to have a nice little league here in the coming years. We just need Wichita St., Houston, Cinci, Temple, UCF to continue their momentum of recent years.
Idk what's up with SMU and I'm not high on Jankovich, but they are another team that are capable of getting back to success relatively soon.

Assuming UConn gets back to what we used to be, Penny turns Memphis around, and Marshall doesn't leave Wichita. Then AAC could be a consistent 4 bid league every year with the potential to get 5 or 6. So potentially we could have better years than the Big East, but more often than not I assume Big East will have the advantage. I just think their bottom teams are much better than the AAC bottom.

I won't say its not possible, I just think it is a very optimistic view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom