• UCONN

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Stanford

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Who ya got? This game should look drastically different than the first matchup. Both teams rely on great ball movement but have capable ball handlers. Stanford is likely the favorite but I think UCONN takes this. They were so tough and gritty tonight, Bueckers looks like she is on a mission and it finally clicked that she needs to take 15-20 shots instead of trying to get others involved. Interior play and offensive rebounding will be huge, too. UCONN was huge tonight on the glass. For Stanford, Cameron Brink staying on the court and avoiding foul trouble is the x-factor for them. If she is on the bench with foul trouble, I don't think they can win. For UCONN, I think Fudd needs to have a good shooting night and Bueckers needs to play like she did in OT. I think this has all the makings of being a classic.

Reaction Score
Stanford is the better squad...UConn is close and has the best player.

I think much of the rest of UConn's team is defensible though.

Tough one.

I'll take UConn by a little.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Losing Dorka makes this game harder for UConn. Paige beng all the way back though is the difference. NCS could not stop her even though they knew she was going to take the shots in OT. Hard fought but UConn prevails.

Reaction Score
Losing Dorka makes this game harder for UConn. Paige beng all the way back though is the difference. NCS could not stop her even though they knew she was going to take the shots in OT. Hard fought but UConn prevails.
NCSt chose to play Fudd hard with Perez defending closely. It was hard for Fudd to get free although she did get some scoring done. It's almost as if they thought if we can stop Fudd, Cunane and ONO will cancel each other out, and they like their chances then. But, whoever was "guarding" Paige didn't do the job. Paige had a lot to do with that- she doesn't need much of an opening, her shot was devastatingly accurate last night, and she can create her own opportunities. Last night was the Paige of last year when she was best player in nation.
It really is a shame that Dorka won't be able to play. She is an important part and was playing probably her best game when she was hurt. Ono was tremendous, especially playing as long as she did with 4 fouls against a good player in Cunane. NCSt took it inside when they could to try to get ONO to foul out but it didn't work.
I was really hoping to see the trio of Paige, Azzi and Caroline Ducharme on the floor together. Like it or not, and I don't, it seems Geno is relegating Ducharme to the bench, maybe letting her get a few minutes here and there. Geno seems to have replaced her in the lineup with Evina Westbrook. When Evina missed several open threes and hesitated shooting others, I kept wondering what Caroline would have done if she were in the game instead. Caroline is a good shooter too, streaky perhaps, but she is 6-2 and can take it inside as well. I hope UConn really uses her more in the final four. When UConn was really limited by injuries mid-season, it was Ducharme who was the go-to player, and she delivered.
So, Paige is playing well, Azzi is playing well, forward Aaliyah Edwards is in the best form of the season, and Ono is playing well. If UConn wins it all, which I hope they will, it won't surprise me at all!

Reaction Score
I don't think they were too worried about ONO. I think they hoped to dominate that matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom