Last USA Roster Spot is Irrelevant | The Boneyard

Last USA Roster Spot is Irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Honestly, I scanned that piece and decided it would be a waste of time to actually read it. The blowhard finally makes his point after about 1000 words. I guess I should be more patient, but the article really appears to suck.

Reaction Score
They don't play the games on paper.

Yes, we have the best talent - we should win but, I'm sure, there will be some good games.

Now, why in the world did this guy write this column? and, does ANYBODY think the last slot won't (or shouldn't) go to Britney Griner?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They don't play the games on paper.

Yes, we have the best talent - we should win but, I'm sure, there will be some good games.

Now, why in the world did this guy write this column? and, does ANYBODY think the last slot won't (or shouldn't) go to Britney Griner?
Yes, if they decide a guard is more critical.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aren't they dripping with talent? Yes. Couldn't their second team win? Maybe. There are some great players in other countries and very good teams. The writer dismisses them--inappropriately and incorrectly. It does matter who the 12th player is.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope that the next player added is one that will gain valuable experience for the 2016 Olympics. IMO, a guard is needed. I am not sure that I am comfortable with only two true point guards on the team. If one were go get injured or get sick that could hurt the team. Each other position appears to be loaded.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Last night I was watching footage of the National team practicing. I had almost forgotten what a force Fowles is. My goodness she is an incredible athlete with great size. Her play in the paint is absolutely beautiful to watch. I would love to see BG practice against her every day. BG would come back a much better center than she is now.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
ETT - you can never have enough guards -- but you're right (and I wouldn't be surprised if USA BBall is thinking the same thing), BG would so improve against the competition -- USA and abroad -- and the experience would be immeasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom