Last Time We Beat 3 Ranked Teams | The Boneyard

Last Time We Beat 3 Ranked Teams

Reaction Score
We’re 1 ranked win away. Why does this matter?

Believe it or not, the last time we beat 3 ranked teams in the regular season was 2014. Playing at Xavier will be a huge test for us on Friday. If we can get out of Cincinnati with a win, it would be a big milestone for the Hurley era.

We’re certainly trending in the right direction, and now it’s time to continue capitalizing on opportunities that would’ve slipped away in previous years.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, the last time we beat 3 ranked teams in the regular season was 2014. Playing at Xavier will be a huge test for us on Friday. If we can get out of Cincinnati with a win, it would be a big milestone for the Hurley era.

We’re certainly trending in the right direction, and now it’s time to continue capitalizing on opportunities that would’ve slipped away in previous years.
I like "'looking for the positive' as much of the next guy but this is a bridge too far for me. I mean, cool, good for us. But this is just another reminder of how far we've fallen and not much to get excited about.

For me it's all about the tournament. Two years in a row in the tournament is progress. In particular, considering our limitations at guard. That'll be a nice achievement and a really incredible coaching job by DH. Even if we lose the first game. That first game would be tough. Against a team totally capable of beating us.

Reaction Score
What a dumb ass comment Wheelerdog....what do you call tonight’s win?

Reaction Score
I was fortunate to be at the game tonight and I was seven or eight rows off the court right at midcourt via the kindness of a fellow Boneyard member. Thank you my friend.

I've been to hundreds of games over the years and this one will be remembered as an especially fun one. Adama thrills you with his footwork, toughness and touch. Andre is a highlight waiting to happen, perhaps the most exciting player of my era. That block he had tonight was absolutely insane. Vicious. Hawkins is starting to get his swagger. Tyrese is Marquette's worst nightmare, he punished them both games. Whaley was steady, didn't put up big numbers but played well I thought.

I thought the crowd was pretty good and Hurley certainly was very animated at times. A thoroughly enjoyable evening at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
I like "'looking for the positive' as much of the next guy but this is a bridge too far for me. I mean, cool, good for us. But this is just another reminder of how far we've fallen and not much to get excited about.
We all know what Uconn Basketball looked like after 2014…I will run, not walk, to this bridge just to get that period in time in my rearview mirror.

Count me in the group as considering it a big milestone. Another notable step in the right direction with still more opportunities in front of them to define their season.

Reaction Score
We all know what Uconn Basketball looked like after 2014…I will run, not walk, to this bridge just to get that period in time in my rearview mirror.

Count me in the group as considering it a big milestone. Another notable step in the right direction with still more opportunities in front of them to define their season.
That's fair. Go Huskies

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I was fortunate to be at the game tonight and I was seven or eight rows off the court right at midcourt via the kindness of a fellow Boneyard member. Thank you my friend.

I've been to hundreds of games over the years and this one will be remembered as an especially fun one. Adama thrills you with his footwork, toughness and touch. Andre is a highlight waiting to happen, perhaps the most exciting player of my era. That block he had tonight was absolutely insane. Vicious. Hawkins is starting to get his swagger. Tyrese is Marquette's worst nightmare, he punished them both games. Whaley was steady, didn't put up big numbers but played well I thought.

I thought the crowd was pretty good and Hurley certainly was very animated at times. A thoroughly enjoyable evening at the XL Center.
Very nice writeup. It was great on TV as well, but you seem to have captured it perfectly.

Reaction Score
Very nice writeup. It was great on TV as well, but you seem to have captured it perfectly.
Thank you. The XL felt good today. The crowd was pretty good and loud at all the right times. It seemed to help rattle Marquette late in the first half.

A good win. They certainly have talent, but UConn is certainly better. The Auburn win was great, but I think tonight's win was the most important of the season. It shifted things back to positive leading into the stretch run.

I'm still thinking about the block Jackson had. I cant wait to see the highlights.

Reaction Score

I think the key is that we are now in the Big East, so we have many more games vs ranked teams over the course of the season. Obviously we all remember the AAC days when 1 or 2 teams would be ranked within the conference. Thats why our OOC schedule was so important.

Reaction Score
What a dumb ass comment Wheelerdog....what do you call tonight’s win?
The win at Marquette was a big win tonight’s game was more a sigh of relief. Coming off a Big Loss “Creighton “ and a poor performance against a shorthanded Nova team. This was a game we were 51/2 point favorites we had to win and we won .
A win at Xavier would be huge. Let see what happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom