Last possession | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last possession

Reaction Score
Yeah I can't think of a better shot I'd be hoping for end of game in that situation, just didn't fall. Polley will get hot in the NCAA tournament to make up for it
I sure hope so, because since the 3 game road stretch against Marquette/Butler/DePaul, he‘s been sneakily terrible. Slightly less than 30% from 3 over the last 14 games.

We just have too many flaws as a team to make a run without making 3s.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kemba
Napier
Ray allen
Ben Gordon
All hit that 3 shot to tie... ouch
Thought Bouk had it
Kemba also made the pas to lamb in the 2011 BET final when the D collapsed on him and Bouk didn’t give it to Sanogo on the same type of play

Reaction Score
Whaley hesitating on open 3s is so frustrating, almost as frustrating as those camera angles. Guy has been a decent 3 point shooter and the defense sometimes just gives him like 10 feet.
It is. At least from my standpoint, if Whaley is ready to shoot, he's at a higher percentage than most of the guys on our team. I think he's not ready to shoot a majority of the time. Is that his role to look for his shot? Probably not all the time, but would like to see him ready to shoot more often.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think we went 10/24 on layups yesterday, I saw the stat somewhere on Twitter
For real? My question of course is how can one say an offense that produces 24 lay-up attempts suffers from a lack of "offensive creativity"? I don't think one can in good faith.

Reaction Score
Kemba
Napier
Ray allen
Ben Gordon
All hit that 3 shot to tie... ouch
Thought Bouk had it
All of those guys were at least in their Junior season right? Bouk is a sophomore in a short covid season. People need to stop expecting him to be Kemba and just be grateful we have another lottery pick under our belt

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Creighton is a good defensive team they doubled on Bouk and rather than give it up he tried to force .
2 things. Hurley needed to recognize that and come up with sets that would punish it, probably with Martin, Whaley, Cole and yes, Polley, so that they would end up with open 3’s. And if he did that, than Bouknight did a terrible job executing it.

Reaction Score
It is. At least from my standpoint, if Whaley is ready to shoot, he's at a higher percentage than most of the guys on our team. I think he's not ready to shoot a majority of the time. Is that his role to look for his shot? Probably not all the time, but would like to see him ready to shoot more often.
I agree with everyone, Whaley needs to shoot that 3 ball if he’s open. He’s earned the liberty to miss a few too.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
For real? My question of course is how can one say an offense that produces 24 lay-up attempts suffers from a lack of "offensive creativity"? I don't think one can in good faith.
A lot of those layups were acrobatic prayers or guards driving into bigs and getting blocked. That said, we missed probably six or seven bunnies that shouldn’t have been missed.

Reaction Score
To me that last possession is less about the shots missed and more about the pass that didn’t happen. Bouk had Sanogo WIDE OPEN on that drive.

Just came here to say this. Every time I see the replay of that layup I cringe at how easy it would have been to drop it off to Sanogo.

So frustrating how much Sanogo dominates early in games and then we stop going to him later on

Reaction Score
I think we went 10/24 on layups yesterday, I saw the stat somewhere on Twitter
to me that was the disappointment. Not all close shots are easy as there can be a lot of limbs in the way or defensive presence. However, there were some blown opportunities such as Gaffney's bad pass on fast break to Bouknight and missed high layups or shots within 5 feet that were not highly contested that I thought should've been made.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A lot of those layups were acrobatic prayers or guards driving into bigs and getting blocked. That said, we missed probably six or seven bunnies that shouldn’t have been missed.
"I agree with you" would have worked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom