Last possession | The Boneyard

Last possession

Reaction Score
Not saying this is why they lost but man, Bouk and especially Polley had about as good looks as you're going to get in that situation. I wonder what the probability is that 1 of those goes down? Polley's looked good while it was in the air too. Oh well, on to the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
If we want to make a run, we need to find shooting, obviously. Polley 1-5 can’t happen, that’s literally his only job out there. Bouk needs to hit some shots, simple as that. Whaley made a 3 then hesitated on about 4 more open ones. Give him the green light, has about as good a stroke as anyone other than Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score
Not saying this is why they lost but man, Bouk and especially Polley had about as good looks as you're going to get in that situation. I wonder what the probability is that 1 of those goes down? Polley's looked good while it was in the air too. Oh well, on to the NCAA Tournament.

yeah think i just posted this in another thread but we had a few decent looks here and couldnt hit. Just the luck of the draw I guess. Shot 21% from 3 tonight and our "best 3 point shooter" was 1-5. Unfortunately Polley just cant knock them down with consistency. Bouknight normally with good legs can hit a lot of mid range shots but this team needs more shooters. Cole has been decent from 3 of late but unfortunately didnt get going today and then got injured.

Reaction Score
If we want to make a run, we need to find shooting, obviously. Polley 1-5 can’t happen, that’s literally his only job out there. Bouk needs to hit some shots, simple as that. Whaley made a 3 then hesitated on about 4 more open ones. Give him the green light, has about as good a stroke as anyone other than Tyler Phommachanh.

Whaley hesitating on open 3s is so frustrating, almost as frustrating as those camera angles. Guy has been a decent 3 point shooter and the defense sometimes just gives him like 10 feet.

Reaction Score
Whaley hesitating on open 3s is so frustrating, almost as frustrating as those camera angles. Guy has been a decent 3 point shooter and the defense sometimes just gives him like 10 feet.
He’s only comfortable from the top

Reaction Score
Bouk was legitimately not up to this game physically if you didn’t see that after the warm ups you haven’t seen him play this year. He was very tense/guarded in his gait. Donny said they lacked energy but ......no kidding

Reaction Score
Bouk was legitimately not up to this game physically if you didn’t see that after the warm ups you haven’t seen him play this year. He was very tense/guarded in his gait. Donny said they lacked energy but ......no kidding
Something was off maybe, he probably was sore, i’d imagine, but he played 35 mins and hustled, I think he mostly just had a bad game. It happens, but someone else has to step up when he does, and that didn’t happen.

Reaction Score
man.......either had a chance to go down in UConn lore and now depending on how next weekend goes they risk being mere footnotes (dramatic)

Reaction Score
Bouk's 3 was heavily contested - probably 30% look.
Polley's was wide open, he stepped into it on the catch, and he's a good shooter so that was probably closer to 50%.

Around 65% chance one of them goes down.

Reaction Score
Polley's was wide open, he stepped into it on the catch, and he's a good shooter so that was probably closer to 50%.

I think he's referring to Bouk's layup.

Reaction Score

He's a ~35% for the season from 3, 1-5 on the night. 50% is generous

Reaction Score
He's 35% on the season, but not all of those are wide open looks like he had. I think 50% is a pretty conservative number for that shot from Polley

Reaction Score
Using tracking data, NBA tightly contested (-6%) -> lightly contested (baseline)-> wide open 3s (+4%)

He's a career 38% 3pt shooter (more accurate than single season sample), so 42% is probably the open shot baseline. He stepped in with really good rhythm, so I would nudge that number even a bit higher. 50% is probably too high. 45% is probably about right.

Reaction Score
Using tracking data, NBA tightly contested (-6%) -> lightly contested (baseline)-> wide open 3s (+4%)

He's a career 38% 3pt shooter (more accurate than single season sample), so 42% is probably the open shot baseline. He stepped in with really good rhythm, so I would nudge that number even a bit higher. 50% is probably too high. 45% is probably about right.
Either way he got a great look, but he's no rashad anderson

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Somehow it simultaneously felt like the longest and shortest final possession ever. I was in suspended animation for what felt like an eternity, and with each shot the announcer’s voice made me think it was going in, only to have it be over in a flash.

It felt like the final play in The Longest Yard, except without the happy ending.

Reaction Score
He's 35% on the season, but not all of those are wide open looks like he had. I think 50% is a pretty conservative number for that shot from Polley

With cole out and bouknight off, I'm not sure you'd want anyone other than Polley taking that

Reaction Score
I’d rather keep our late shot police for a NCAA game vs BET

Reaction Score
With cole out and bouknight off, I'm not sure you'd want anyone other than Polley taking that
Yeah I can't think of a better shot I'd be hoping for end of game in that situation, just didn't fall. Polley will get hot in the NCAA tournament to make up for it

Reaction Score
Kemba
Napier
Ray allen
Ben Gordon
All hit that 3 shot to tie... ouch
Thought Bouk had it
The release looked really good despite the tight contest. He was just off last night.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
To me that last possession is less about the shots missed and more about the pass that didn’t happen. Bouk had Sanogo WIDE OPEN on that drive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We had good looks all day. How many missed shots at the rim? Too many, make a couple and we win. We need to use the square more often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom