Last of ESPN Top 10 Commits to Mich St. | The Boneyard

Last of ESPN Top 10 Commits to Mich St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the commitment of Sidney Cooks (ESPN #5, 6-4 forward) all of the ESPN top ten have made their college choices. Mich St has a good X & O coach (Suzy Marchant) but hasn't been able t consistently attract top talent.

Reaction Score
How much availability does Reimer have at Michigan State?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know I've been on this band wagon (solo) for a while now but I hope pray that UCONN will take a look at Julia Reisigerova with the last available scholarship.
I have always though she was the best post in the class, best fit for how UCONN works and would be the best post player on the roster next year- I consider Stevens more F and Wing than post.
2018 is a long time away.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know I've been on this band wagon (solo) for a while now but I hope pray that UCONN will take a look at Julia Reisigerova with the last available scholarship.
I have always though she was the best post in the class, best fit for how UCONN works and would be the best post player on the roster next year- I consider Stevens more F and Wing than post.

1) I'm pretty sure UCONN is done with recruiting for this year. 2) does she even have any interest in coming to college in the US? I thought I had read she was going to go pro in Europe?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1) I'm pretty sure UCONN is done with recruiting for this year. 2) does she even have any interest in coming to college in the US? I thought I had read she was going to go pro in Europe?
1) Unfortunately I agree.
2) This video from 2 years ago indicates that she would like a pro-career in Spain. ESPN is 50/50 on these things and indicates that she is interested in playing in the US. ESPN was right on Salvadores and wrong on Zandalasini I suspect it would have to been the right US offer. Her mother is also affiliated with the Czech national team and she has Olympic aspirations.

HGN

Reaction Score

CoCo , I think if Geno see that he can get Charli Collier and/or Brunelle , I don't think he will take a chance on Reisigerova. He may see it as a risk if she decides to later turn pro after a year or so. Good prospect with High upside, but High risk as well..............Think Salvadores.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CoCo , I think if Geno see that he can get Charli Collier and/or Brunelle , I don't think he will take a chance on Reisigerova. He may see it as a risk if she decides to later turn pro after a year or so. Good prospect with High upside, but High risk as well....Think Salvadores.
I hear you. I'm looking just at next year, I don't want to be disadvantage by not having UCONN starter with bulk, height, and skill in the post. Julia would provide all 3. Stevens has height and perimeter skills but lacks bulk and post skill. Camara has fair height & bulk but not UCONN starter quality skills. Natalie has the bulk and height but not the UCONN starter quality skills. Gabby has all the skill in the world but not the height.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
I hear you. I'm looking just at next year, I don't want to be disadvantage by not having UCONN starter with bulk, height, and skill in the post. Julia would provide all 3. Stevens has height and perimeter skills but lacks bulk and post skill. Camara has fair height & bulk but not UCONN starter quality skills. Natalie has the bulk and height but not the UCONN starter quality skills. Gabby has all the skill in the world but not the height.
You are right on all points about the current Huskies..............But I just think Geno will take the low risk approach with her and that last schollie. Especially if he thinks he can keep a prospect all 4 years.

And true enough , Stevens has the height but not the bulk. But I can see him moving her around on offense to get the matchup he likes. From the 2-5. And he still will have Natalie for that year until Collier arrives.

JMHO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are right on all points about the current Huskies....But I just think Geno will take the low risk approach with her and that last schollie. Especially if he thinks he can keep a prospect all 4 years.

And true enough , Stevens has the height but not the bulk. But I can see him moving her around on offense to get the matchup he likes. From the 2-5. And he still will have Natalie for that year until Collier arrives.

JMHO.
I like the sound of that " until Collier arrives".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Taya Reimer only played in 5 of ND's 35 games during the 2015-16 season therefore she retains that year's eligibility plus this year that would have been her senior year.
Big props to ND for allowing her to complete her degree and being immediately eligible to play at MSU. Will she actually stay at MSU for two years? I doubt it. The reason for her leaving ND are/were vague. IMO I think she plays 1 year at MSU and gets on with real life and professional basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom