Last AAC Media Day... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last AAC Media Day...

Reaction Score
I think the league will likely be better off without UConn. Men's basketball for the last couple of years and football for sure have been a drag on the conference.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I think the league will likely be better off without UConn. Men's basketball for the last couple of years and football for sure have been a drag on the conference.
/sarcasm...

....right?

Reaction Score
That's a d bag question. the kid committed to Memphis, let it go.

It seemed to be a good followup after he said "they came to see me a few times." That made it sound like we half-heartedly recruited him when we all believed our staff put a lot of effort into him.

Reaction Score
It seemed to be a good followup after he said "they came to see me a few times." That made it sound like we half-heartedly recruited him when we all believed our staff put a lot of effort into him.
Hurley said they had a feeling like they were a long shot fairly early, aside from the very beginning of his recruitment. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we weren’t as heavily involved as us outsiders thought/media portrayed we were.

Reaction Score
It's just the fact that again - everyone's primary goal is to leave. Coaches, programs, teams. The whole situation will always be wildly tenuous.

The only guy I can see staying and being mostly fine being there would be Hardaway at Memphis and that's really only because he's an alum. Marshall is a good coach, too - but I feel like the right situation pops up and he'll get courted away.

Everything else is just kind of up in the air. Houston and Cincinnati are kind of the same program and will always attract the same kind of guy. They've got enough to a national brand to make them appealing to whatever delinquent coach who got canned from a high profile job would be eager to take to rehab their own image - only to either get blasted with sanctions again or just watch said coach walk off for another big program as soon as someone gets desperate enough to hire them. But they'll always be stuck in that 'almost broke through' category forever.

Tulsa and Temple will always be in that 'perfectly fine' category where they'll make the tournament once or twice every five years but both have always had obvious limitations that will prevent them from ever being a national power and you'll also have to choke down 2-3 years where one or the other is bleeping terrible.

USF and UCF are just a more volatile version of Temple and Tulsa.

SMU is back to where they belong I suppose. But who knows, maybe someone comes out of the woodwork and they go on a run again, but that's never going to be national power territory. East Carolina and Tulane absolutely suck, so i'm not even sure what the answer would be there. Although - Tulane has some intangibles being in New Orleans, being a good school, etc. Maybe the right coach works there, but they just had a flipping NBA guy come through and they got WORSE.

And then there's always the threat of just losing another team. I think Houston, UCF, Cincinnati and Memphis aren't long for the league.. who knows where they end up, but I don't think they'll be in the American in five years. My guess is when the Big XII finally gets two to the back of the head, they end up in some Frankenstein conference with whatever driftwood floats down the river from that..

But it's crazy to say this conference is ever in a good place.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How is that at all a d bag question????

Because why would he care about UConn's recruitment now? It was fishing for why he went to Memphis. I think his answer was good given that it wasn't an appropriate question.

Reaction Score
Yep recruiting is like poker
You have to know when to hold
You have To know when to fold
You have to know when to walk away(NCAA)
You have to. Know when when to run ( FBI)
And,
You never count you winnings til the day is done (or the kid is in class)
My apologies to the late great Kenny Rodgers

Reaction Score
Yep recruiting is like poker
You have to know when to hold
You have To know when to fold
You have to know when to walk away(NCAA)
You have to. Know when when to run ( FBI)
And,
You never count you winnings til the day is done (or the kid is in class)
My apologies to the late great Kenny Rodgers
Kenny Rogers is not dead, just retired.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sounds like we weren't in on Precious as much as a lot of the experts in the media AND the experts on this blog led folks to believe - enough of the insider info
I thought the question to Precious referring to DH was really unnecessary but the kid could have been less snarky
Not a fan of Penny and that program- it's heading for UNC/Loiuisville/Zona land

Reaction Score
Sounds like we weren't in on Precious as much as a lot of the experts in the media AND the experts on this blog led folks to believe - enough of the insider info
I thought the question to Precious referring to DH was really unnecessary but the kid could have been less snarky
Not a fan of Penny and that program- it's heading for UNC/Loiuisville/Zona land

You really think Hurley is going to say "we really blew it on this recruit"??

The amount of time we spent on campus and at his aau games speaks for itself.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Easy to crop out...

Perfectly so. They even fit completely below "American Digital," which itself doesn't mean anything special, so it could be removed OR anything could be inserted beneath it. And, Vital & Gilbert could be isolated without any distracting background for use elsewhere.
Win-win-win.

Reaction Score
...Temple will always be in that 'perfectly fine' category where they'll make the tournament once or twice every five years but both have always had obvious limitations that will prevent them from ever being a national power...

It’s not possible on the current landscape, but I’d like to see Temple make the Big East some day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom