Last AAC Media Day... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Last AAC Media Day...

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
CV making preseason all conference team is a pretty unexpected surprise, no? Good for him, but would have guessed it would have been AG and Carlton or just AG.

Reaction Score
I’m still waiting to see the all conference version of Alterique Gilbert. Thus far, he hasn’t been able to finish at the rim. If it was truly a health issue holding him back, great. I’m hoping he makes the jump this year. However, I suspect opposing coaches are now thinking that AG doesn’t have that next gear. Time will tell. If he does have that ability, we’ll be a much better team this year.

Reaction Score
CV making preseason all conference team is a pretty unexpected surprise, no? Good for him, but would have guessed it would have been AG and Carlton or just AG.

Vital was our best player last year, something the coaches clearly saw as well. Yet, the majority of this board can't get his freshman/sophomore year out of their heads.

In the AAC alone last year he had:

7th best offenive efficiency rating
8th best effective FG%
6th best true Shooting%
15th Best Defensive Rebounding %
21st Best Assist Rate
10th Best steal %
9th Best FT%
24th best 2pt%
11th best 3pt%

He's clearly a top 10 player in the league.

Reaction Score
Especially in football.
I am a cranky old man Robert, but even men's basketball has not been so great....but I am looking forward to a great turn around and I really want to give football a chance.

Reaction Score
Vital was our best player last year, something the coaches clearly saw as well. Yet, the majority of this board can't get his freshman/sophomore year out of their heads.

8th best effective FG%
6th best true Shooting%
21st Best Assist Rate
10th Best steal %
9th Best FT%
24th best 2pt%
11th best 3pt%

Those are really good numbers. Looking forward to CVs senior season, his veteran play, scoring, toughness/hustle, and leadership will be a really key component for us to have a good season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You really think Hurley is going to say "we really blew it on this recruit"??

The amount of time we spent on campus and at his aau games speaks for itself.
Where did I put anything on DH in my comment?
Some of you are so protective of this guy
I questioned the media and certain experts on this blog

If UConn was pretty much out of it as DH has asserted, why waste good time after a pipe dream when it could have been exerted elsewhere? Just wondering

BTW - how much was the time you spend on campus and AAU games?;)

Reaction Score

8th best effective FG%
6th best true Shooting%
21st Best Assist Rate
10th Best steal %
9th Best FT%
24th best 2pt%
11th best 3pt%

I won’t be sold on CV as a “UConn great” until he becomes a significant piece of a winning product. I really hope he can do it. He has the heart that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
I’m still waiting to see the all conference version of Alterique Gilbert. Thus far, he hasn’t been able to finish at the rim. If it was truly a health issue holding him back, great. I’m hoping he makes the jump this year. However, I suspect opposing coaches are now thinking that AG doesn’t have that next gear. Time will tell. If he does have that ability, we’ll be a much better team this year.
In games without JA, I thought Al did a great job in stepping up and playing a big game. The problem I thought was sharing the court with JA where both are true PGs

Reaction Score
In games without JA, I thought Al did a great job in stepping up and playing a big game. The problem I thought was sharing the court with JA where both are true PGs

Don’t get me wrong, I like AG and he can play. However, he just hasn’t finished in traffic well at all. If he’s healed and can do it, we will be in for a great year. If he isn’t taking it to the hole and making people pay, we will struggle. He just hasn’t shown that ability yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom