Last 2 #1 seeds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last 2 #1 seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Updated:

LOUISVILLE
RPI 7 / Sagarin 7 / Massey 5 / AP 3
3-2 against RPI 50 / 1-2 against RPI 25 (LSU)
Very Bad losses: None
Remaining quality games: UConn

SO CAROLINA
RPI 8 / Sagarin 9 / Massey 7 / AP 4
4-2 against RPI 50 / 2-1 against RPI 25 (Kentucky, LSU)
Very bad losses: None
Remaining quality games: @Ky, Georgia, @Tenn

DUKE
RPI 4 / Sagarin 3 / Massey 4 / AP 7
9-3 against RPI 50 / 4-2 against RPI 25 (Cal, Purdue, Syr, Ky)
Very Bad losses: None
Remaining quality games: Md, NC St, @ND, @UNC
Note: 1-2 against RPI 50 since Gray's injury + 2 close games with RPI > 75

STANFORD
RPI 3 / Sagarin 4 / Massey 3 / AP 5
10-1 against RPI 50 / 8-1 against RPI 25 (Cal 2x, Tex, Pur, Tenn, Ariz St 2x, Gonz)
Very Bad losses: Washington
Remaining quality games: None

BAYLOR
RPI 13 / Sagarin 5 / Massey 6 / AP 6
6-2 against RPI 50 / 5-2 against RPI 25 (Okl St 2x, Tex 2x, WV)
Very Bad losses: Kansas
Remaining quality games: Okla, WV

MARYLAND
RPI 20 / Sagarin 6 / Massey 8 / AP 8
4-3 against RPI 50 / 2-3 against RPI 25 (Syr 2x)
Very Bad losses: Virginia
Remaining quality games: @Duke, Fla St, @GaTech​

(fyi for the purposes here, "very bad loss" is a loss to a team with RPI > 50; quality games are vs RPI <50)

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
If WV beats Baylor (a very big if, I know), do they make your list?

Reaction Score
If WV beats Baylor (a very big if, I know), do they make your list?
I don't think so. Didn't play a single top 50 RPI team in nonconfrence.

Reaction Score
(was it Kara or Rebecca who said today) Maryland will be one of them.... I am inclined to agree

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think S Carolina is headed for the 4th #1 seed and I think they will win out in the SEC. They are a very good team with good guard play in addition to a nice post presence. They may very well be a top 3 team.

Reaction Score
I think S Carolina is headed for the 4th #1 seed and I think they will win out in the SEC. They are a very good team with good guard play in addition to a nice post presence. They may very well be a top 3 team.

Too much basketball left to play. South Carolina's best wins are at home vs up and down Kentucky by 9 and at LSU who has consistently come up short under their much hyped new coach. If they go to Kentucky and win than I will start buying into them but right now I am skeptical.

I think Baylor has the best shot to win out. Whether they deserve to be the last 1 is another question. But good but not great West Virginia and Oklahoma State should be easy to get through if they do deserve it.

The 2 teams that most intrigue me right now are North Carolina and Maryland. They have legit All American candidates that can take over in DeShields and Thomas. Watching UNC the last 2 games you would think they are better than a Tennessee yet they lost decisively to UT on their home floor. I think if these 2 teams finish strong they could potentially bounce Duke and Tennessee down to 3 seeds if they continue to sputter down the stretch.

The committee will really need to watch teams 3-12 this year to get a good feel as to who is peaking, who is plateauing, and who is falling. With each game that passes it seems it changes.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think this decision won't be easily made anytime soon.

I need to see what South Carolina does against Kentucky and Tennessee.

North Carolina did lose to Tennessee at home but that was early on and I have always believed that UNC will only get better as the season progresses because of their raw talent.

I think the ACC/SEC tourneys will be very interesting. The remaining #1 seed could very well come from one of these two conferences.

UCONN/ND/Stanford/????

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Now, how do you guys decide which round of the tournament to attend? I haven't had to think that far ahead before.

Reaction Score
I just added Maryland as a (slim) contender. If the win the rest of the games, and then win the ACC tourney, beating ND along the way, then they would be in the mix.

I consider that an unlikely occurrence, but let's face it - anyone who beats ND (or UConn) would get a lot of much-deserved attention.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It would pretty much take all of that for MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom