Last 10 seconds of first half | The Boneyard

Last 10 seconds of first half

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why was 10 seconds put on the clock at the end of the first half? The ref mumbled something about "delay of game" and I couldn't hear the rest in the stadium.

Reaction Score
One beef I had with that sequence is that after they put 10 seconds back on the clock (which I agree they should have) and spotted the ball they never started the clock until it was snapped. They should have started it once the ball was spotted. These refs were awful today!

Reaction Score
That whole sequence was a joke. They kept adding time after each play. Even when Navy decided to spike the ball with a time out remaining.

Reaction Score
One beef I had with that sequence is that after they put 10 seconds back on the clock (which I agree they should have) and spotted the ball they never started the clock until it was snapped. They should have started it once the ball was spotted. These refs were awful today!
They were indeed. I saw 2 flags all day, and 3 reviewed plays all of which started and were confirmed in Navy's favor.

For someone watching on tv, the punt that was apparently downed at the goal line, what did you see? It certainly did not look like that to me. I thought it was clearly out in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Sure looked like we recovered the fumbled kickoff with about 3 minutes left in the first half. It looked like they gave the ball to Navy before they saw who had. Any thoughts.

Reaction Score

Viewing the replay, Navy was entitled to :12, they only got :10. The clock did run when the ball was spotted, Navy spiked the ball ...and the rent clock operator (who tried his best for us in that spot) took :03 off the clock.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Sure looked like we recovered the fumbled kickoff with about 3 minutes left in the first half. It looked like they gave the ball to Navy before they saw who had. Any thoughts.

It was a VERY quick call by the side judge. You rarely see them ignore the pile like that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Punt at the end zone was called correctly.

Fumble on KO return was a blown call. Should have been UConn's.

Time at end of first half was a Charlie Foxtrot.

Reaction Score
Viewing the replay, Navy was entitled to :12, they only got :10. The clock did run when the ball was spotted, Navy spiked the ball ...and the rent clock operator (who tried his best for us in that spot) took :03 off the clock.

My mistake - I was at the game and thought the clock did not run right away. Will look when I watch the DVR.

C

Chief00

Proves my point - folks in the stadium are often clueless due to poor utilization. Of the video board for football - it is all about marketing for sponsors.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Proves my point - folks in the stadium are often clueless due to poor utilization. Of the video board for football - it is all about marketing for sponsors.

Have you proved your 11:00 am point yet you pathological liar?

Reaction Score
It was a VERY quick call by the side judge. You rarely see them ignore the pile like that.

The play happened right in front of me. He was about 15 yards away from the play and, it looked to me , like he was screened from the fumble by several players. However this was just one of several strange calls today.

Reaction Score
How about the pass to Arkeel that was ruled incomplete after review i thought looked like an easy call for a catch to me live and on replay. How about Navy's reckless chop blocking all damn day?

Reaction Score
My mistake - I was at the game and thought the clock did not run right away. Will look when I watch the DVR.

Just re-watched the play. My eyes did not deceive me, the clock did not start when the refs spotted the ball and blew the whistle. What's worse, is that the clock started after Navy spiked the ball at which time, 3 seconds ran off the clock. So I guess net/net it was probably a wash. Either way, the whole sequence was a cluster truck and the refs still sucked.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How about the pass to Arkeel that was ruled incomplete after review i thought looked like an easy call for a catch to me live and on replay. How about Navy's reckless chop blocking all damn day?

Agreed - the chop blocking was unreal and so obvious - they only got penalized once
I don't like crying about the way the game was called BUT...............

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed - the chop blocking was unreal and so obvious - they only got penalized once
I don't like crying about the way the game was called BUT.....

There is a free blocking zone. While the ball is in it after the snap you can do anything you want. It's only when the ball has left that zone the rules apply.

In application anything goes on initial contact.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A couple of spotty referee decisions:

1. blowing the play dead for forward progress before/after Myers stripped their RB and recovered the fumble (sure could have used that whistle last week in Missouri);
2. the fumble recovery on their KR in the 2nd half. Not only did we come out of the pile with the football, but the replay on the videoboard appeared to show us landing on the ball first;
3. chop blocks. chop blocks. chop blocks. I counted about 10 of them, none were called until very late in the 4th quarter with the game well decided;
4. the nonsense with the clock at the end of the 1st half was epic. I was hoping that the delays would help us catch our breath and make a stand, but it seemed to only cause more confusion. Probably should have used a TO there to organize;
5. Newsome's incomplete catch that was reviewed and held up...I don't know if there was a better angle on TV than what we got on the stadium board but it sure looked like a catch;

Even if we got all of these calls, I still think we lose the game. We just didn't have an answer for their triple option. But it could've added much more intrigue and kept a lot more fans in their seats for a lot longer.

Reaction Score
The fumble recovery on the kickoff was the play that could have really made a difference That was a short field we needed and it looked to me that the white hat ref made the quick call. He signaled Navy when players were still scrambleing for the ball. Never seen a fumble called that quick.

Reaction Score

1. blowing the play dead for forward progress before/after Myers stripped their RB and recovered the fumble (sure could have used that whistle last week in Missouri);
2. the fumble recovery on their KR in the 2nd half. Not only did we come out of the pile with the football, but the replay on the videoboard appeared to show us landing on the ball first;
3. chop blocks. chop blocks. chop blocks. I counted about 10 of them, none were called until very late in the 4th quarter with the game well decided;
4. the nonsense with the clock at the end of the 1st half was epic. I was hoping that the delays would help us catch our breath and make a stand, but it seemed to only cause more confusion. Probably should have used a TO there to organize;
5. Newsome's incomplete catch that was reviewed and held up...I don't know if there was a better angle on TV than what we got on the stadium board but it sure looked like a catch;

Even if we got all of these calls, I still think we lose the game. We just didn't have an answer for their triple option. But it could've added much more intrigue and kept a lot more fans in their seats for a lot longer.
The kick off one was killer. I can't say we would have scored, but it puts us in position to take the lead

Reaction Score
They were indeed. I saw 2 flags all day, and 3 reviewed plays all of which started and were confirmed in Navy's favor.

For someone watching on tv, the punt that was apparently downed at the goal line, what did you see? It certainly did not look like that to me. I thought it was clearly out in the end zone.

I was in Section 130. The Navy player did tip it back; but, the ball was well over the goal line (in the air). The ref standing there tossed that little back beanie thing where he saw the ball touch and it was still lying in the endzone at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
The fumble recovery on the kickoff was the play that could have really made a difference That was a short field we needed and it looked to me that the white hat ref made the quick call. He signaled Navy when players were still scrambleing for the ball. Never seen a fumble called that quick.

From where I was sitting, it sounded like the refs stated the play was dead because the whistle blew, which if true was insane. The refs were insane the entire game.

Reaction Score

5. Newsome's incomplete catch that was reviewed and held up...I don't know if there was a better angle on TV than what we got on the stadium board but it sure looked like a catch

I was in section 130 and watched it on the big board twice. The ball did touch the ground; but, Newsome's hands were under the ball and it did not move from catch to impact to rolling over on his back. That's a catch at any level. No clue how the refs nor the replay officials called that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom