Lasan Kromah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lasan Kromah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
im not trying to gloat or anything

Your last 25 posts or so are all of the "I told you so" variety. Nobody disputed that he would be a good player for us - he is. But you also predicted 14-16 points per game, and he is averaging around 1/3 of that. So maybe relax with the self-congratulating a little bit.

Reaction Score
You can't gloat. He is just what he is......a real nice player with good overall skills. He's not a great shooter but capable, he's not a good ball handler but instead okay. He can pass it a little, he's athletic and string, real good finisher in transition and he is a very good defensive player, understands where to overplay and deny.....real nice addition, a lot more flexible for minutes than RJ last year and it's not close.

Happy as hell to have him here for sure!!
there's more to see. I've watched a lot more of him than you have.

Reaction Score
Your last 25 posts or so are all of the "I told you so" variety. Nobody disputed that he would be a good player for us - he is. But you also predicted 14-16 points per game, and he is averaging around 1/3 of that. So maybe relax with the self-congratulating a little bit.
Actually they are mot but I still think 14-16 would be attainable given the right amount of playing time. The whole 14-16 ppg thing was not the only thing I said though. But I must say I only knew he could score the defense is a surprise to me. And if you had the whole boneyard telling you that you didnt know what you were talking about or you were crazy, then you would say something about it too!! lol I'm just enjoying the season. Giffey is really good too. Carry on as u were

Reaction Score
Actually they are mot but I still think 14-16 would be attainable given the right amount of playing time. The whole 14-16 ppg thing was not the only thing I said though. But I must say I only knew he could score the defense is a surprise to me. And if you had the whole boneyard telling you that you didnt know what you were talking about or you were crazy, then you would say something about it too!! lol I'm just enjoying the season. Giffey is really good too. Carry on as u were
No offense, but for someone who has been watching him throughout high school and college, not knowing about his defensive ability makes your posts very suspect. As of now, his defense has flat out been what stands out to most people on this board including me. The intensity and understanding of where to be on defense has been nothing short of spectacular. So much so that HE is the guy you want on Russ Smith. However, I know you're very fond of him and this also doesn't mean I'm down playing his offensive ability. I like what I've seen. A lot.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If someone has to start in place of Calhoun, Giffey would be the better fit than Kromah. Kromah reminds me of a veteran backup QB who knows how to keep everyone calm and together when the starting unit isn't all on the field at once. His role (much like Brimah's) is enhanced by having him come in off the bench rather than playing as a starter.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There are going to be games like last night, where we just can't defend a certain player, and he comes in and locks him down. Dude can defend.

Reaction Score
No offense, but for someone who has been watching him throughout high school and college, not knowing about his defensive ability makes your posts very suspect. As of now, his defense has flat out been what stands out to most people on this board including me. The intensity and understanding of where to be on defense has been nothing short of spectacular. So much so that HE is the guy you want on Russ Smith. However, I know you're very fond of him and this also doesn't mean I'm down playing his offensive ability. I like what I've seen. A lot.
those of us around here (dc metro) that have been watching him knew him as a scorer and a shooter in high school and his freshman year at gw he would have games where he just heats up from three and would hit like 4 or 5 straight. never stood out on defense. i guess he worked on that a lot. also he was never somebody that would go to the hole so easy. but i did start to see that his sophmore year at gw... I think this squad can go deep in the tourney

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
3 more years!! 3 more years!! 3 more years!!

Reaction Score
I would keep the same 1-4, try some rotation of 5 and you have to go with the hot hand beyond DD, Bazz, Boat. Omar has more upside than Kromah, and some games he will struggle and change minutes.

If someone has to start in place of Calhoun, Giffey would be the better fit than Kromah. Kromah reminds me of a veteran backup QB who knows how to keep everyone calm and together when the starting unit isn't all on the field at once. His role (much like Brimah's) is enhanced by having him come in off the bench rather than playing as a starter.

Reaction Score

As someone who watched LK play tons at GW, let me tell you that there is no one who saw him play who isn't shocked at how well he has played on D this year. And I guaranty you that includes Karl Hobbs.

Reaction Score
As someone who watched LK play tons at GW, let me tell you that there is no one who saw him play who isn't shocked at how well he has played on D this year. And I guaranty you that includes Karl Hobbs.
I know I am. But I wasn't surprised to see him takeover the game

Reaction Score
The only thing I don't like about Lasan Kromah is this dude popping up on this message board every time Lasan recovers a loose ball saying, "SEE! SEEEEEE?"

Reaction Score

UConn coaches teach and help players refine their skills. It seems that they are good at it. Kids at UConn who work hard get better. We have a consummate PG in Shabazz and it didn't all come from summer camp.

Reaction Score
The only thing I don't like about Lasan Kromah is this dude popping up on this message board every time Lasan recovers a loose ball saying, "SEE! SEEEEEE?"
First of all i dont even post as much as i did before so U are the one thTs exaggerating. Second of all its a friendly debate i had with a few people and i dnt think u were one of them. why so serious??? #jokervoice third of all if u were me you'd do the same thing, so third finger.... as u were

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Look, I'm happy you're happy -- it means Kromah is playing well, which he is. But you didn't say LK *could* average 14-16 depending on PT; you said he *would* average that. Sure it's attainable, but we also had and have Bazz, Boat DD and Giffey, so it's just not likely he'll average that.

I really like Kromah a lot. He really bring energy on defense and is a plus on offense as well. There's no "but" -- I really like him and am glad we have him. Either he or Giffey should be starting at the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom