Lasagna | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lasagna

Reaction Score
What does a lazy order on a menu at an Italian restaurant mean?

Most Italian restaurants we go to in America offer similar offerings which most people can make at home but most people don't prepare them all that well at home and many Italian restaurants don't either.

If there's things like rabbit, wild boar, squid ink pasta, some hard to find fish on an Italian restaurant I'm probably ordering it but there aren't too many things that taste better than a perfectly prepared pizza, chicken parm, carbonara, cacio e pepe...
Nope. You can have the fancy stuff. I want chicken parm and lasagne.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
What does a lazy order on a menu at an Italian restaurant mean?

Most Italian restaurants we go to in America offer similar offerings which most people can make at home but most people don't prepare them all that well at home and many Italian restaurants don't either.

If there's things like rabbit, wild boar, squid ink pasta, some hard to find fish on an Italian restaurant I'm probably ordering it but there aren't too many things that taste better than a perfectly prepared pizza, chicken parm, carbonara, cacio e pepe...

This is exactly how I determine what I order when out to eat, for the most part. If it is not something that is in my normal cooking repertoire/shopping list, chances are that is what I will order.

Reaction Score
OK, I'm going to be that guy that ignores the original request (geographic area) and shares more than asked!

The best lasagna (and one of the best dishes) I've ever had is at Don Angie in the West Village. Yes, it's $64 for two people, but oh my it's awesome. They prepare it like a rollatini. Each piece gets nice and crusty with the right amount of filling to pasta.

You tried I Sodi on Christopher Street? Great spot generally, one of my favorites for Italian in the city, but they do a great lasagna as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Any toddler can make a lasagna. It's the 2nd laziest order on a menu at an Italian restaurant behind Chicken Parm.
Good chicken parm is WAY better than good lasagna. In closing I agree with your sentiment but disagree with your order.

“Lasagna. It’s fine.”

That should be it’s advertising tagline, because no one has their knees buckled by even the best example of Lasagna. It’s eminently edible. Probably a comfort food. That’s great, but that’s all.

August_West

Reaction Score
You tried I Sodi on Christopher Street? Great spot generally, one of my favorites for Italian in the city, but they do a great lasagna as well.
I used to live on Christopher. Number 10. They used our building as the chicks apartment in Carlitos way while I was living there. You should’ve seen the rain machines.

August_West

Reaction Score
Baked Ziti>lasagna

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You can't have lasagna without spinach

Spinach is green leafy tofu. It's good for you, and in moderation you can add just enough to anything and fool yourself into thinking you are eating healthy without even tasting the spinach.

Strawberry banana smoothie with 30 grams of sugar. "But I added spinach, so it's good for me."

Worth noting: I add a fistful of chopped spinach into salads, smoothies, burrito bowls, etc.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
If nobody else is gonna show the pasta grannies love, I'll do it...

Reaction Score

This is my go to... i make it on the spicy side

Reaction Score
Lasagne is easy to make actually, no boil pasta and you can make a lot that is actually better the days after it’s made.
I'm aware but since it was put out there, interested in tasting moms Lasagna lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom