Las Vegas daytime activities | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas daytime activities

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
IMG_2129.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
How was the Sphere? My friend who lives in Vegas went to the U2 opening show and said it's nothing like you've ever seen before.
That's accurate. I will post pictures or video (they are on my mobile). While the screen/video is stunning and was really well implemented, that's not what impressed me the most. The sound is the thing. It's like having U2 in your living room at an appropriate volume. Would that be great for big, loud, heavy distortion bands? No. But it lets them play soft and you can hear ever note Edge plays clearly. Bono can whisper and you hear him whispering like he's standing next to you.

The place is huge, very modern in the atrium or whatever it is called. Reminded me of going to Space Mountain in the 70s as a kid. Will it feel that way over time? Probably not. It's 3 weeks old.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How was the Sphere? My friend who lives in Vegas went to the U2 opening show and said it's nothing like you've ever seen before.
I went opening night and it is nothing like you've ever seen. HH is correct about the sound. it's really difficult to properly explain the clarity. The visuals, while stunning, were developed before the place was built. Now that they can test live, future acts will be able to do a lot more, but good luck finding someone who can front the cash for such a one off venue and sell out enough shows to make money.

We spent most of the weekend trying to figure out who could. Most big names are touring stadiums or similar size arenas. Why spend the money? Other residency acts are selling out 2-3k seat theaters. U2 is probably the most tech friendly band of the last 50 years and they worked hard to fill the space from a performance standpoint. You need to be a big time stadium level performer towards the back end of your prime.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I can’t post video unless I find a host as far as I can tell.
IMG_2233.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom