Las Vegas Aces @ New York Liberty - 6/13/18 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Aces @ New York Liberty - 6/13/18

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
NY needs the win. Vegas is playing for the lottery again, but could be very good in 1-3 years.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So far it looks like Tina is winning the battle against A’ja. 11 first quarter points. Wilson is going up against Vaughn and Charles...much tougher battle than playing against the Indy bigs. Lots of game to be played.

Reaction Score
The Aces are on a road back-to-back, so wouldn't make too much of individual matchups.

Reaction Score
37-33 LVA at the half

Charles 17 pts (8-11), 1 reb, 1 ast

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So far it looks like Tina is winning the battle against A’ja. 11 first quarter points. Wilson is going up against Vaughn and Charles...much tougher battle than playing against the Indy bigs. Lots of game to be played.

Tina can't do everything. We need some better play from our guards. (I expect very little from the other post players anymore) Only Bria is having any impact at all. However, I guess it is understandable since all the players are back now and there is going to be big time growing pains trying to figure out player rotations etc. Geno knew what he was doing when he only went 7 deep ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Meanwhile A'ja holding her own against Tina at the half. Tina has outscored her 17 to 9, but Aja has 13 rebs to Tina's 14. A'ja's the real deal y'all.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
NY is toast at this point. 66-50, 6:08 in the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Meanwhile the Sun went on a 30-8 3Q run to bring the game to within 6 pts. But Alyssa Thomas went down with a bad looking shoulder injury. Head bangHead bang

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised to see New York in the lottery next draft. They really don't have any reliable scorers outside of Charles and she isn't the most efficient scorer to begin with. The Lynx likely catch their flow and will end up with a winning record, and I could see the Aces making big strides as the season continues and they could surpass New York.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I haven't finished watching this game yet, but in the first half, neither team seemed to run any offense at all. There's some dribbling and a little passing and random shots thrown up. It's really ugly. Both teams appear to be either poorly disciplined, not very talented (not the case for either team) or poorly coached. I know both teams have new coaches, so this may be rectified later in the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Tina has the same problem LeBron had, she’s trying to do it by herself, because she’s not getting any help. None of her teammates scored in double figures tonight. You know things are bad when you can't defend your home court against a 1-7 team, and lose by 15. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Tina can't do everything. We need some better play from our guards. (I expect very little from the other post players anymore) Only Bria is having any impact at all. However, I guess it is understandable since all the players are back now and there is going to be big time growing pains trying to figure out player rotations etc. Geno knew what he was doing when he only went 7 deep ;)

As much as I hate to admit it, I don’t have much hope for the other post players either. I'm still a Kiah Stokes fan. I haven't given up on her yet. I was really hoping she would return from overseas this year and bring the numbers she put up there with her. I understand she’s coming off a foot injury. She returned to active duty a game or two ago. Zero points / 1 reb in 11:28 tonight. I’m hopeful she’ll bloom at some point this season. This is her 4th season. If not now, when?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised to see New York in the lottery next draft. They really don't have any reliable scorers outside of Charles and she isn't the most efficient scorer to begin with. The Lynx likely catch their flow and will end up with a winning record, and I could see the Aces making big strides as the season continues and they could surpass New York.

The Aces are still a lottery team in 2018. So far this season, the Liberty are playing like they want to join them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As much as I hate to admit it, I don’t have much hope for the other post players either. I'm still a Kiah Stokes fan. I haven't given up on her yet. I was really hoping she would return from overseas this year and bring the numbers she put up there with her. I understand she’s coming off a foot injury. She returned to active duty a game or two ago. Zero points / 1 reb in 11:28 tonight. I’m hopeful she’ll bloom at some point this season. This is her 4th season. If not now, when?

She played with a real point guard overseas :cool:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
The Aces are still a lottery team in 2018. So far this season, the Liberty are playing like they want to join them.

As of right now, yes. I wouldn’t be shocked if they make the playoffs this year though. That said, with 2019 being another strong draft I think getting another lottery pick could serve them very well down the road.

Carnac

Reaction Score
As of right now, yes. I wouldn’t be shocked if they make the playoffs this year though. That said, with 2019 being another strong draft I think getting another lottery pick could serve them very well down the road.

After this weekend, some teams will be 1/3 of the way (11 games) throught their schedule.

upload_2018-6-15_7-52-59.png

It would appear that the Indiana Fever have a "lock" on being in the lottery this year. The Liberty are right there in solid contention of being a lottery team. They've lost some close games already this year thay could/should have won. They should be 5-3. Right now, the Lynx are surprisingly flerting with disaster, occupying one of the bottom 4 places in the standings that won't qualify for the playoffs. I can't believe they won't move up to finish in the top 5 in the final standings. It's going to come down to the last week as to the last 2-3 teams that make the playoff pool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom