Las Vegas Aces @ Dallas Wings - 8/17/18 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Aces @ Dallas Wings - 8/17/18

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
57-51 at the half. Vegas leads.

We could have 4 players with 30+ point each. Vegas is really pushing the pace.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is a very fast-paced, exciting, and important game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
83-81, Dallas. After only 3 quarters. It will take 105+ to win this.

Cambage has 31; Wilson has 30.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh man. When Cambage is making 3pt shots from the top of the key. This is better than her 53 pt game I think. Dallas pulling away a bit. 94-88 with 5+ to go

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
100-97, Dallas. No one is quitting. This is effectively a playoff game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wilson gave Thornton an elbow to the gut, but no call. To me, it seemed like a delayed reaction by Thornton.

Reaction Score
Cambage is my MVP although she virtually has no chance especially after dissing the league;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cambage is my MVP although she virtually has no chance especially after dissing the league;)
She is the most dominant player, but I still think Stewie is the MVP.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
107-102, Dallas. Final!

Liz had 43 and 13.

The Wings have clinched the 8th and final spot in the playoffs. Watched it league pass. THAT was a game................... right down to the buzzer. Dallas losers of their last 9 games came to play tonight, but so did the Aces. Prayers for Kayla Thornton. I hope she recovers in time for post season play. The Wings don't win this game without Cambage. A dominant 43/13 performance. Smh. :cool:

The next question is how far do they go. The first and second rounds are single elimination.
If things stay the way they are tonight, The #5 Sparks would host the #8 Wings for a 1st round single game playoff.

Playoffs begin Tuesday August 21st. [Standings]

PLAYOFFS AND FINALS:

Effective with the 2016 season, the WNBA implemented changes to playoff seeding and qualification procedures as well as the postseason format. Under the new postseason structure, the eight teams with the highest winning percentages regardless of conference qualify for the playoffs and are seeded based on their record.

Additional features of the reconfigured playoff structure are as follows:

• The number of playoff rounds increased from three to four. The top two seeds receive a bye to the semifinals (third round), and the third and fourth seeds receive a bye to the second round.
  • Teams will be re-seeded after each postseason round.
  • The first and second rounds are a single game elimination. In the first round, the No. 5 seed hosts the No. 8 seed and the No. 6 seed hosts the No. 7 seed. In the second round, the No. 3 seed hosts the lowest-seeded first-round winner and the No. 4 seed hosts the other first-round winner.
  • The semifinals feature a best-of-five format, with the No. 1 overall seed playing the lowest remaining seed and the No. 2 overall seed meeting the remaining team. The Nos. 1 and 2 seeds will host Games 1, 2 and 5, and the lower-seeded teams will host Games 3 and 4 in their respective series. The WNBA Finals remain best-of-five and follow the same 2-2-1 format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Wilson gave Thornton an elbow to the gut, but no call. To me, it seemed like a delayed reaction by Thornton.
Looked like an acting job but no way she would have taken it this far and left the game if it wasn’t legit. Pleased Aces lost.
Swords is not good. She gets accolades from announcers as unsung but she isn’t good enough to help this team get to the next level. They need a 3 soo bad too. Young Coffee (awful) Nared are not good. Young is a fighter but they need better. Moriah is in no mans land career wise. Tough year for her with the injury. She didn’t get enough minutes to play through mistakes like Plum. Too many circus shots that she has to work so hard to convert. She didn’t defend Diggens well during her minutes. Diggens posted her, hit a 3 on her and a nice banker all within a few minutes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As bad as I want the Aces to land a shooter in KLS, this game really showed me that they badly need a post. Wilson doesn’t have any help down low offensively or defensively. Brown or McCowan would have been huge this game! Hopefully one is still on the board when it’s the Aces turn to select next draft.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sounds like it was entertaining game. Nice duel between Cambage and Wilson. Plum scored 20 for the 4th time in her last 5 games. Diggins slightly outscored her but Plum shot better from the floor (7-10 vs. 8-20, huge difference in efficiency). Interesting that Dallas dug down and found some fight to snap their long losing streak and secure the last playoff spot. Next year for the Aces is playoffs or bust I would think.

Reaction Score
Brown or McCowan would have been huge this game! Hopefully one is still on the board when it’s the Aces turn to select next draft.

The Aces have the second best odds at securing the #1 pick.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As bad as I want the Aces to land a shooter in KLS, this game really showed me that they badly need a post. Wilson doesn’t have any help down low offensively or defensively. Brown or McCowan would have been huge this game! Hopefully one is still on the board when it’s the Aces turn to select next draft.

You're right. Wilson is no more a post player than Azura Stevens is. If either Brown or McCowan are available when the Aces are on the clock next year, they should grab one. I doubt BOTH will still be on the board at that time. One of them might be, depending on the teams needs that draft before them. Having a 6'7" post player in the paint makes a huge difference in a team's performance. Does Dallas make the playoffs without Cambage?

Last edited by a moderator:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Now we get to see if the league allows the Aces to benefit from forfeiting a game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Now we get to see if the league allows the Aces to benefit from forfeiting a game.

They will. I actually like the Aces roster a lot but was hoping they'd win and lose their high draft pick after the forfeit and general complaining about the W. I actually like McBride, Wilson, and Plum a lot...but I didn't like how they forfeited and have been whining about pay and other factors in the league. Chances are this is in Vegas's best interest as they have a great shot to get the #2 pick next year. KLS would fit in so well with this team. So would Kalani Brown IMO.

I am happy Dallas got in, they definitely have the talent to make a run even if they've played awful as of late. Hoping Cambage comes back next year even though she's been vocal about her negative experience in the league...she really is a joy to watch and is just so dominant. Dallas will get the #5 pick next year and could be a title contender if they land KLS or Ogunbowale. Another strong perimeter threat alongside Diggins, plus Cambage inside and Stevens playing inside out...they'll be fantastic.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I actually like McBride, Wilson, and Plum a lot...but I didn't like how they forfeited and have been whining about pay and other factors in the league.

You like them...as long as they don't dare have any opinions about the league they play in...or the appropriate compensation for their labor...

Ok then...

I'm amazed by the outright contempt some people here have for WNBA players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom