Las Vegas Aces @ Dallas Wings - 6/15/18 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Aces @ Dallas Wings - 6/15/18

Reaction Score
Aces are probably my favorite team to watch. Not sure why. Unfortunately Plum looks like she’s gone backwards. She did her best to blow the Indiana game with two turnovers, a missed inside shot in last 1:30 of regulation. Three straight possessions blown by her. Aces came back in OT with Allen in place of Plum and blew out Fever.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Plum has come alive in the fourth. It's a two point game with 3:30 left.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azure had only 2 minutes? She needs to play like a 6' 6" player. Head bang

Reaction Score
Skylar is having a great season.
I like her as a person, and I like her game. BUT she shoots too damn much, and isn't efficient at all. I believe she is the next PG in line for the US team, but she isn't playing like one this year. She has never been a pass first pg, but this year has been ridiculous. I wonder what her teammates think of her shot selection.

Reaction Score
I like her as a person, and I like her game. BUT she shoots too damn much, and isn't efficient at all. I believe she is the next PG in line for the US team, but she isn't playing like one this year. She has never been a pass first pg, but this year has been ridiculous. I wonder what her teammates think of her shot selection.

This is prob her best season so far, she’s leading the league in scoring, and she’s ranked like top 5 I believe in assist at like 6 a game, she definitely passes the ball

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is prob her best season so far, she’s leading the league in scoring, and she’s ranked like top 5 I believe in assist at like 6 a game, she definitely passes the ball

Yes. #2 in assists just below Sue Bird.

upload_2018-6-16_8-1-19.png

Reaction Score
I don't like her as a person, and I don't like her game. But most of the rest I do agree with (your words):

1) She shoots too damn much
2) She isn't efficient at all
3) She isn't playing like the next PG in line for the US team
4) She has never been a pass first PG
5) I wonder what her teammates think of her shot selection

So... why do you like her game?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't like her as a person, and I don't like her game. But most of the rest I do agree with (your words):

1) She shoots too damn much
2) She isn't efficient at all
3) She isn't playing like the next PG in line for the US team
4) She has never been a pass first PG
5) I wonder what her teammates think of her shot selection

So... why do you like her game?
I don't particularly like her game and certainly didn't care for her personal presentation of herself in college (I don't think I've seen her play in the "W") - but -

I'm going to say what I have said about various other players. If they are averaging a high number of assists - and the 2nd most in the league - I find it difficult to criticize their passing. And if she does shoot too much - or make bad shot selection - ultimately, I'm sorry, that's on the coach for permitting it. That said, quoting our U of A's Adia Barnes - approximating what she said "Just because fans think its a bad shot a player takes doesn't mean I think its a bad shot. (And just because it goes in doesn't mean I think it is a good shot)"

Reaction Score
Skylar Diggins-Smith - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA
I've been a Skylar fan since her ND days, and I still am to this day. However, she shoots the ball too much. Just glance over her stats this season. Not pretty. You also have to take into account how many time she is going to the foul line, which could also be "shooting fouls" that aren't counted in her "FGA."
Also you bring up that she is second in assists. Hers assists are very impressive! But that kind of proves a point that she has the ball in her hand a lot. I get it, she's a PG. But they can sometimes not be as ball dominant. I am going to change my complaint of her "shooting too much" to... "being too ball dominant."

I'm just trying to empathize her teammates, I can't imagine it being too fun to watch your PG hoist up a minimum (check the link) 14 shots per game. All the way up to 22 shots per game (Not taking into account her free throw attempts, which have a few double digit attempts). Her assists could be even better if she passed the ball even more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom