Las Vegas Aces @ Atlanta Dream - 8/07/2018 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Aces @ Atlanta Dream - 8/07/2018

Reaction Score
Yes, it's the new anti-tanking standard.
Well shoot. I thought that this year's draft could be interesting for Minnesota because I thought that they might get an early draft pick for their standards.

Well then, the Aces could get another superstar player. You have to feel bad for the Liberty. I don't think they tanked this season, they just had poor coaching. And Lambeer's success last year will cost them a high pick.

Regardless, I didn't see this type of success coming from Atlanta. Their team is very athletic, and everyone puts up points.

Reaction Score
Well shoot. I thought that this year's draft could be interesting for Minnesota because I thought that they might get an early draft pick for their standards.

They should get an early pick. #5 or #6 is plenty early enough in this draft.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Atlanta is just so freaking athletic. Breland, Williams, McCoughtry, Sykes, and Hayes are great leapers and extremely quick. Montgomery isn't a slouch at PG and Bentley has been catching fire as of late. Atlanta/Seattle could be a great finals series if it pans out to be that.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Atlanta is just so freaking athletic. Breland, Williams, McCoughtry, Sykes, and Hayes are great leapers and extremely quick. Montgomery isn't a slouch at PG and Bentley has been catching fire as of late. Atlanta/Seattle could be a great finals series if it pans out to be that.

I too want that championship game. Now The Dream have fewer UConnites, but since Tiff is my all-time favorite, I want a ring for her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

My preference is LA vs Conn.... LA vs Atlanta would be my second choice

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great game. I'm a big Aces fan. Went to a couple of their home games this season, enjoyed the experience both times. You can bet that Laimbeer will tweak the roster next year to squeeze 2-3 more wins out of them.

After this loss, you can stick a fork in 'em, they're done. They won't catch Dallas. They caught the Dream on a bad night who was dead set on defending their home turf, in spite of their fearless leader (Angel McCoughtry) forced to the sideline with an injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You can bet that Laimbeer will tweak the roster next year to squeeze 2-3 more wins out of them.

Just 2-3? That’ll probably put the Aces back into the lottery again.

I wonder if one of the tweaks will be trading Jefferson. Plum has clearly established herself as the #1 PG. Having Jefferson as a backup would be nice, especially if she improves. But some team might be lured to pay a decent price for her. I’m thinking PHX, maybe an outside chance of being the backup in MIN or ATL. Connecticut?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just 2-3? That’ll probably put the Aces back into the lottery again.

I wonder if one of the tweaks will be trading Jefferson. Plum has clearly established herself as the #1 PG. Having Jefferson as a backup would be nice, especially if she improves. But some team might be lured to pay a decent price for her. I’m thinking PHX, maybe an outside chance of being the backup in MIN or ATL. Connecticut?
I think Mo can replace Lindsay Whalen.

Reaction Score
I think Mo can replace Lindsay Whalen.

She’d have to show more than she has this season to be a starter over DRob. DRob and Jefferson reunited would be kind of a weird dynamic now that I think about it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She’d have to show more than she has this season to be a starter over DRob. DRob and Jefferson reunited would be kind of a weird dynamic now that I think about it.
I think DRob is playing pretty well, as LW is running on fumes, but I think Mo has a much better upside.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How did #35 for Atlanta get injured? Was it serious?

@Orangutan Was Breland a free agent or something? Seems like the Sky could really use her this season

Reaction Score
How did #35 for Atlanta get injured? Was it serious?

I didn’t see it but ironically enough I heard Jefferson had something to do with it and some ATL fans weren’t too happy about it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is Jefferson fully recovered? If she can get back to her rookie form I agree she'll be a star but I'm not sure she's there yet.

I was at the game last night, pulling for the Aces; she showed flashes. I think she needs to hit the weights a little bit, to be honest, so she can finish at the rim.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I didn’t see it but ironically enough I heard Jefferson had something to do with it and some ATL fans weren’t too happy about it.

It was unintentional; she was going for a ball and undercut McCoughtry (I may have misspelled). She was down for a few minutes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was at the game last night, pulling for the Aces; she showed flashes. I think she needs to hit the weights a little bit, to be honest, so she can finish at the rim.

What's ur impression of Mccamish Pavilion? Looks like a nice place on TV.. Probably the 3rd best ACC arena.

I know the Dream are going back to Philips next season... But to me.. with 8,600 seats...the Pavilion is a good size for the Dream. Just the whole accessibility and location issue.

Reaction Score
My son will be starting classes at Georgia Tech this month. When we were on a tour this Spring, we stopped in at McCamish Pavilion. ...It is a beautiful basketball arena and is within walking distance of MARTA (public transportation).

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
What's ur impression of Mccamish Pavilion? Looks like a nice place on TV.. Probably the 3rd best ACC arena.

I know the Dream are going back to Philips next season... But to me.. with 8,600 seats...the Pavilion is a good size for the Dream. Just the whole accessibility and location issue.

They did a good job with the renovation. It's small, but comfortable.

3rd after where? UVA and NC State?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Angel done for the season. Torn ligaments.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They did a good job with the renovation. It's small, but comfortable.

3rd after where? UVA and NC State?

Oops.. Forgot about UVA and Pitt. Louisville, State, UVA, Pitt, Ga Tech, probably Clemson and ND... Then Wake.

Reaction Score
Jefferson torpedoed Angel at the knees Unintentionally of course but looked bad. I don’t blame Atlanta fans one bit.

Reaction Score
aghh_angel.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom