Larrier... since we seem to have a thread about everyone | The Boneyard

Larrier... since we seem to have a thread about everyone

Reaction Score
I think he got into a defensive stance for the first time with 2:00 left to go. What a terrible defender.

His shot selection is awful. Iso pullups he must be 10% on the season.

But im Not just disappointed with his god awful shot selection and D. His attitude sucked. Last into the huddle rvery time. He was mozying down the court 10 seconds into a time out at half court and EVERY other player was already in the huddle.

Ollie has given him a green light because we need him to be good but I think vital and anderson, even polley should be getting more of those opportunities.

Reaction Score
Larrier was off today, 5-14. He missed a couple of bunnies and short jumpers he usually buries. But he has a couple of nice assists and led us in boards.

Hope he finds his stroke versus SU.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He definitely feels pressure to be the go-to scorer for the team. Fresh off a serious injury, that’s not an easy task. This team would be completely lost without him.

Reaction Score
He definitely feels pressure to be the go-to scorer for the team. Fresh off a serious injury, that’s not an easy task. This team would be completely lost without him.
Not too sure about that.
I wonder what his plus and minus is. From my eyeballs, he seems to subtract more than add to this team when he is on the floor with the exception of the Colgate game.

Reaction Score
I think he got into a defensive stance for the first time with 2:00 left to go. What a terrible defender.

His shot selection is awful. Iso pullups he must be 10% on the season.

But im Not just disappointed with his god awful shot selection and D. His attitude sucked. Last into the huddle rvery time. He was mozying down the court 10 seconds into a time out at half court and EVERY other player was already in the huddle.

Ollie has given him a green light because we need him to be good but I think vital and anderson, even polley should be getting more of those opportunities.
TL though has been our best rebounder the last two games and definitely provides some offense inside at the high post. He just needs to step up and work better with JA. His defense I agree is suspect at times. I understand fans grief with him as he is going to be the key from us being mediocre to being a good team with a chance for the NCAA's tourney. Just have to be patient a little for him and Jalen to get on the same page and KO trying to get him to the high post more for scoring opportunities.

Reaction Score
TL though has been our best rebounder the last two games and definitely provides some offense inside at the high post. He just needs to step up and work better with JA. His defense I agree is suspect at times. I understand fans grief with him as he is going to be the key from us being mediocre to being a good team with a chance for the NCAA's tourney. Just have to be patient a little for him and Jalen to get on the same page and KO trying to get him to the high post more for scoring opportunities.

I agree on the skills. His bad attitude stuck out to me almost instantly today. Needs to learn to be a better teammate.

Reaction Score
Just saw TL had 4 steals listed on the box score. That's big!

Reaction Score
I agree on the skills. His bad attitude stuck out to me almost instantly today. Needs to learn to be a better teammate.
I will agree that him Jalen haven't been on the same page especially when setting picks. I forget the game but I remember Larrier yelling at JA mad and not really setting a pick for him one game. We can't have that attitude in the game. They need to be on the same page even though it did work for boatright and Napier in the Championship game in 2014. LOL!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He shoots much better shooting from the free throw line and on the block then anywhere else. That should be his butter but in the flow of the offense. Not iso. He also shoots better from three catching and shooting

Reaction Score
Not too sure about that.
I wonder what his plus and minus is. From my eyeballs, he seems to subtract more than add to this team when he is on the floor with the exception of the Colgate game.
Larrier leads the team in +/- per game at 9.5.

Onuorah, Williams, and Cobb are the only players in the negative.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He can play effectively on D, just seems to go through the motions too much.
Doesn’t seem willing to take the hit and box out and it cost us three big tip ins by the opponent in the last two games.
He is very talented but he really needs to put in more effort!

Reaction Score
Larrier is interesting. It seems like every game he quietly puts up points. Awful shot selection. He actually seems like a pretty decent shooter when he’s open. Also an awful defender. He could be great with improved shot selection and more defensive effort.

Reaction Score
I'll continue to stress this because it's what Ollie needs to be doing. Catch. And. Shoot. I hardly ever want to see Larrier putting the ball on the floor. If he's not open when he first gets the ball then he's almost certainly not going to be open by the time he decides to shoot.

But again that falls on Ollie to recognize a player's strengths and be able to cater to and build sets around that. It's a catch 22 because these last couple games are the types of games where you give a guy like Larrier a bit more leash to go out and try to create for himself.

Reaction Score
He will be very important versus SU. He is our best option in the middle of zone. A big game from him would make life much easier.

Reaction Score
Larrier needs to be in the high post against the Cuse zone. He can make a living taking those 12-15 foot jumpers

Reaction Score
I’m not gonna get too critical of his shot selection or how he often plays just to score but not make the right play, because we honestly need his aggressiveness on offense. I still want him to look hard for his shots, but would also like better screen setting and harder cuts.

Reaction Score
I'll continue to stress this because it's what Ollie needs to be doing. Catch. And. Shoot. I hardly ever want to see Larrier putting the ball on the floor. If he's not open when he first gets the ball then he's almost certainly not going to be open by the time he decides to shoot.

But again that falls on Ollie to recognize a player's strengths and be able to cater to and build sets around that. It's a catch 22 because these last couple games are the types of games where you give a guy like Larrier a bit more leash to go out and try to create for himself.

This is a huge issue... Our offense, for the most part, does not give catch and shoot opportunities. Our spacing is generally poor so even kick outs are not nearly as effective. Everything is off the bounce and our guys (besides Jalen) are not good enough to do that. Hell, most of our legends were not good enough to do that. Ray, Rip, and most of our other big time wings were guys who ruled the baseline, had great screening, and were able to catch and shoot in rhythm. Our offensive execution (or complete lack of) makes it that much harder for players to play to their strengths. I don't totally blame KO for this; watch the total lackadaisical screening by our bigs to free anyone (Larrier is a huge issue here). Results in our 4 scorers going one on one every possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom