Larrier getting procedure Wed, OUT next 2 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier getting procedure Wed, OUT next 2 games

Reaction Score
Before he got hurt, he was coming on strong. He had found his level and was hitting consistently. I thought he was finally finding his form after not playing for years.

This injury couldn't have come at a worst possible time for him.

He was not even the Larrier of 2 weeks ago today.
I remember Rip when he first started wearing a mask. It really is an adjustment esp peripheral vision

Reaction Score
What?

I literally don’t understa d why we are so injury prone since KO took over...

Did we get a new trainer/team doctor???

Reaction Score
Larrier is skilled but under Ollie he’s below average in offense and defense. I care more about his health than whether or not he plays at this point.
Ollie has nothing to do whether can you handle the ball. If you cannot handle the ball now it wont change with out a personal committment to do on your own! He is a walking turnover. Catch and shoot and middle range game. Thats this game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hope he has a quick recovery. Terry essentially did everything he could to get back on the court yesterday, hoping he could make the difference. That's not soft. That's tough.

Get well soon, Terry...

Reaction Score
Well that is two more losses. It’s not like we had much of a chance against SMU even with a healthy TL.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the compliment.woukd be nice to new 44 yrs young but graduated in 80 and did neonatal intensive care before I had my son. Haven taken care of many type 1 diabetic over the years, have a few now. Work with mentally ill and intellectually challenged kids now. And Yes I garbled blue for 40+ yrs. My dad was a grad.

You are very welcome. :)

My mother is a retired neonatal nurse at one of the larger local hospitals. Father was a state championship high school coach in the state of CT. It takes a very special person to work in the neonatal intensive care unit.

I think only 1/2000 people actually are T1's. Unfortunately my pancreas makes no insulin. So the disease has almost taken my life several times as a result of hypoglycemia. Now I have the Dexcom continuous glucose monitor since I am now hypoglycemic unaware. I was symptomatic at a young age (neuropathy) of T1 on 9/11 (prediagnosis) while working on the 53rd floor of 1 WTC North. Diagnosed soon after. So you can imagine.

Keep up the amazing work. It is respected and appreciated. :) Take care.

Warmest,
BDH

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No wonder he had headaches. Hope all who called him soft for not playing rethink their thought processes. I been a school nurse for 23 years, you don't sit star players without a reason.
Thanks for the insight - as for those who called him soft for not playing - don't hold your breath
The kid is soft overall in his play but I have no problems with him missing the Memphis game - looks like he had a good reason

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Larrier is skilled but under Ollie he’s below average in offense and defense. I care more about his health than whether or not he plays at this point.
TL is who TL is - no matter who coached him - the "savior" Shaka Smart gave up on him many times
You can hate on KO but to say that in reflection of TL is not equitable

Reaction Score
Tulane beat SMU. The team that beat Tulane could have probably done what Tulane did.
You honestly thing we have a good chance against SMU? Even in a good season our track record against them is beyond poor. Basketball is about matchups and we never match up well against SMU for the most part.

Reaction Score
What?

One thought I’ve had is that We are so disorganized on both sides of the ball that were constantly out of position and scrambling for the ball and putting players in more dangerous situations. It’s amazing Adams isn’t injured more with how much he is used and how he plays. I dont have the energy to go back looking at every injury, so this is just a wild theory.

Reaction Score
What?

Gilbert was Hurt in High School and never has recovered even after surgery.
Larrier tore an ACL Early last year.
The roster is very thin on experienced players.
This year Guys like Larrier, Vital are always on the floor, JA who was averaging and astounding 41 minutes a game . That increases the likehood of injury especially when fatigue is factored in.

Reaction Score
You honestly thing we have a good chance against SMU? Even in a good season our track record against them is beyond poor. Basketball is about matchups and we never match up well against SMU for the most part.

Not without Larrier we don't, no. But with him, yes. SMU is not having a great year. They are like all the other good but not very good AAC teams this year. Houston and Cincinnati are the class of the conference this year--I think WSU is overrated.

Reaction Score
Huh? You mean the kid didn't play at Memphis because he had a broken bone in his face? Seem to remember a bunch of people bashing him for sitting out. Really shocked that happened here on our boards.

Reaction Score
Not without Larrier we don't, no. But with him, yes. SMU is not having a great year. They are like all the other good but not very good AAC teams this year. Houston and Cincinnati are the class of the conference this year--I think WSU is overrated.
Well we are bottom half of the conference and SMU is having a better season than us and are always a horrible matchup for us as they do have 5 guys who are postionless with actual basketball skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom