2025 Recruiting: - Lara Somfai | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Lara Somfai

Reaction Score
I know Lara already had an official visit with us last year during March Madness, but I'm wondering if she will make another trip to Storrs next weekend for First night.

I think someone mentioned awhile back her father was a Stanford fan, but Coach V. is no longer there. I know she's at Stanford visiting right now, but I just don't see it happening. Stanford is an unknown right now.

I think she's ours, Husky fans.

Reaction Score
Taking an OV in the middle of the week is odd, no?
In a previous post it was mentioned that Lara’s parents would be accompanying her on the visits to Duke and Stanford. The mid-week visit may be to accommodate her parent’s schedule during their visit from Australia.

Reaction Score
In a previous post it was mentioned that Lara’s parents would be accompanying her on the visits to Duke and Stanford. The mid-week visit may be to accommodate her parent’s schedule during their visit from Australia.
Will they be accompanying her to UConn for first night? If not, that would have me slightly concerned. But overall I think UConn would have more appeal on the basketball end, but Stanford would may be a more desirable location. Ultimately I think she will go where she can maximize her potential (aka UConn)

Reaction Score
Will they be accompanying her to UConn for first night? If not, that would have me slightly concerned. But overall I think UConn would have more appeal on the basketball end, but Stanford would may be a more desirable location. Ultimately I think she will go where she can maximize her potential (aka UConn)
Also, Stanford is a shorter flight from Australia, for visits home and the like.

Reaction Score
The fact Lara is going to school in Tampa right now shows that distance really doesn't matter. She visited UConn first and follows pretty much the entire team.

I think the parents just want her to do her due diligence. Duke and Stanford are courtesy visits (in my opinion). :)

Reaction Score
Timed to avoid Hurricane Milton?
She might as well swing by CT. next week for 1st Night and hang out awhile. Bradenton/IMG will get blasted by Milton and I doubt there will be any classes to attend anytime soon. Could be a couple weeks or so with no power.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She might as well swing by CT. next week for 1st Night and hang out awhile. Bradenton/IMG will get blasted by Milton and I doubt there will be any classes to attend anytime soon. Could be a couple weeks or so with no power.
Yeah, just getting back into Tampa/St Pete might be problematic - Uconn's new recruiting 'Come to Storrs, we only have snow and ice to contend with!'

Reaction Score
Interesting: Lara visited us and followed all our players. Nobody on Duke but the coach and recent recruits (Toby and Ari) are followed by her. She’s also at Stanford right now.

Edit: She’s also unfollowed DUKEWBB account and Coach Kara no longer follows her. I think it’s us and Stanford now.
I just checked her Instagram and she still follows Coach Kara, the Duke women’s basketball account and two of the Duke Assistants, two of their players and their Social Media person.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure Kelis Fisher will be here. may as well come with her

Reaction Score
I just checked her Instagram and she still follows Coach Kara, the Duke women’s basketball account and two of the Duke Assistants, two of their players and their Social Media person.
Must’ve done it after my post then. She unfollowed them all a day ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom