Lappas & Gillen Embedded Analysts | The Boneyard

Lappas & Gillen Embedded Analysts

Reaction Score
A lot of folks on here like to diss them, but I found the whole broadcast (including their embedded analyses) excellent and entertaining.

I also thought it was great that there were many plays that they were able to comment on by being closer to the action by the basket in real time than if they were in the normal location.

CBS should do this again, imho. Kudos!

Reaction Score
A lot of folks on here like to diss them, but I found the whole broadcast (including their embedded analyses) excellent and entertaining.

I also thought it was great that there were many plays that they were able to comment on by being closer to the action by the basket in real time than if they were in the normal location.

They were hilarious to listen to.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I thought they were great. They sounded very excited and into the game. Although a few of their white boards had my brains smoking.

Reaction Score
They may be members of the mob for real, but they were still great. They didn’t mince words - towards the end of the game Gillen was yelling like Joe Pesci for one of the WSU guards to get yanked (or possibly whacked) because “he was throwing the ball all over the place.” They were excited and candid - I enjoy the way they call out players who suck like they’re members of the Boneyard.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I said in the chat that "big gallon" sounds like the guy who comes up to in a bar and starts talking to you about the game. It was okay was one off.

Reaction Score

Yea I thought it was highly entertaining, two guys who bleed college basketball, truly enjoyed it!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was better than I thought it would be. Noticed they didn't get off track talking about other teams etc like announcers do many times- more focused on the game.

Think this is it. I wasn't expecting perfection and there is room for improvement in executing it but I think it can be a neat once or twice a year special.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice Gillen after the half when he talked about spreading the perimeter? He wrote on his clipboard perieter. He seems like a guy that just wants to hear himself speak. Hasn't coached at the D1 level since 05, yet he said "it's been 12 or 13 years".

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

After a while I also enjoyed them. Lappas especially is a chatty Kathy and was hated at Nova because he made his team so nervous but I enjoyed it. The effort was there and with two announcers I felt like we had our embedded guy pulling for us.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I must’ve been listening to a different broadcast. It was absolutely awful. They spoke over each other, said the same thing over and over (let the big dog eat), and called the players by the wrong names so many times. Simply brutal to my ears.
One thing they kept saying over and over was that Carlton needed to stop giving the big his left shoulder. And it wasn't their fault they had to say that repeatedly.

Reaction Score
If only they could have been talking about our big dog!!
What big dog? The one that continually gave up position and let Echenique do the same move over and over again? The tone was set from the opening tip. He finished with a soft baby hook and Carlton missed wildly on the other end. This team doesn't have the bigs to match up.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom