Lamb | The Boneyard

Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well the game is over now. He won't need to live in fear of getting bumped.

Reaction Score
He stood around way too much. He needs to get himself open if he wants to take over and make more shots. He better develop that killer instinct if he wants to excel at the next level.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lamb was gassed, he was the only guy running for 35 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
He stood around the last 15 minutes, it simply can't happen. We basically have 2 shot makers and with Lamb standing around it puts way too much pressure on Bazz and Boat. Come on Jeremy you're better than that.

Reaction Score
Its not like he could beat a zone by sprinting around all by himself. He was trying to get involved at the free throw line but Cuse would always pinch their guards to deny him. They needed to move the ball around quickly and attempt to get it in the middle like they did the entire first half. Instead, Boat and Napier passed the ball back and forth.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
39, 43 and 40 minutes in 3 straight games against Big East competition. He was completely gassed at the end of the game. Looked like he just wanted it over.

Reaction Score
People keep saying we're a dangerous team but I don't see it. Teams don't just magically start fixing all their faults and there's no Kemba to save us. Lamb is too passive, Napier is too agressive and no one else can make a shot. That isn't likely to change.

Reaction Score
Only 9 shots? Really?
Exactly how can our best player only take 9 damn shots for the game. I can blame Bazz at the end for not trying to dribble or start the offense but there wasn't really anyone cutting to the ball or screaming for it. I mean JL has to want the ball at those times of the game. JL grow some balls you are a best player. The shots in the game should have been reversed between JL and SN. If they were we win the game no doubt.

Reaction Score
People keep saying we're a dangerous team but I don't see it. Teams don't just magically start fixing all their faults and there's no Kemba to save us. Lamb is too passive, Napier is too agressive and no one else can make a shot. That isn't likely to change.

Your right, we are not a dangerous team.

Almost beating the #2 team in the country gives me no hope at all. Might as well decline the invite.

Reaction Score
Your right, we are not a dangerous team.

Almost beating the #2 team in the country gives me no hope at all. Might as well decline the invite.

I guess you're right then. 1-5 against top 25 teams this year is a perfect indicator towards future success against good teams. That shows the lack of being able to finish.. which will matter come tournament time. I swear some of you will be saying "don't worry, Calhoun's teams don't peak till May" when we get bounced.

Reaction Score
Hamilton has/had a more competitive, self-confident attitude than Lamb does. Rip always felt that he was the best option to take the shot. And that view was supported by him being option #1 from day #1 that he arrived at UConn. He never had a Kemba/Batman to play Robin for. Jeremy has yet to show the confidence to assert himself (and fail) and to do so again. He's more like Ben was until mid-way through his Jr season.

Shabazz has that confidence (a la KEA), but he has to realize that when he's asserting himself, he can make plays for others as well. At times, he seems to forget that he makes easy baskets for others and decides he's going to take the shot. Kemba is one of the few guys I've ever seen that could call his own number that way and regularly make something good come out of it. I'd say the same of KEA, but I think more often than not, he looked to make a play and not necessarily get his own shot.

Reaction Score
He acts like he doesn't even want the ball even when plays are clearly being run for him. Plus his defense is awful he can't guard anyone.

Reaction Score
This why eyebrows were raised when he got 1st team All Big East, the long periods of whatever effort.

Reaction Score
I guess you're right then. 1-5 against top 25 teams this year is a perfect indicator towards future success against good teams. That shows the lack of being able to finish.. which will matter come tournament time. I swear some of you will be saying "don't worry, Calhoun's teams don't peak till May" when we get bounced.

And some of you will sit back with a sense of entitlement thinking a bunch of 18-20 yr olds owe you something and throw them under the bus when they come up short.

Unlike you, I was under no illusion that we were entitled to hold off a 30-1 team today down the stretch today. I am disappointed like hell we couldn't hold on. But I am certainly not going to ignore some of the positives today that give me some hope for next week to make a run if we get some favorable matchups.

Reaction Score

I think you're right. We've shown an ability to put a scare into top teams, but not an ability to actually finish them off. It's a skill we haven't readily possessed all season.

Reaction Score
i for one am more confident in this team than a week ago. sure, they let one get away today, but guys did seem tired. i think 3 games in 3 days finally caught up with them. lets look at this as half glass full, we played a terrible second half and still lost only by 3. i think uconn will be a very tough out and do suspect them to advance to the second weekend after a "mild" upset. give me duke!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

They were also playing their 3rd game in a row against a team that was playing their 3rd game in like 2 weeks, with their two main scorers having logged heavy minutes 2 games in a row(Lamb really 3 in a row). Who knows if it would've made a difference down the stretch if they were fresh since they couldn't pull it off at home either, but I think you have to factor that into things.

Reaction Score
And some of you will sit back with a sense of entitlement thinking a bunch of 18-20 yr olds owe you something and throw them under the bus when they come up short.

Unlike you, I was under no illusion that we were entitled to hold off a 30-1 team today down the stretch today. I am disappointed like hell we couldn't hold on. But I am certainly not going to ignore some of the positives today that give me some hope for next week to make a run if we get some favorable matchups.

Where in my post do I come across as entitled? All I said was that people claim we're dangerous, yet we can't close out a game against a really good team. If you'd like to provide evidence refuting that all ears.

I'm not saying we can't win some games in the tournament.. it would just go against everything that has happened so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom