Laksa? Collins? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Laksa? Collins?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
@DefenseBB at least put ONO on the court! ;)
If Westbrook is not granted a waiver and Laska wants to come to UConn, I hope Geno takes her. I believe Laska would be as productive a player as Westbrook would be. She could be a big help offensively.
Unfortunately, The Laksa decision would necessarily precede the NCAA decision relative to Evina’s waiver request.

Reaction Score
MiMi Collins to Maryland
Very happy with this news. Of course the next decision is whether Collins is granted a waiver or not. Of course if she does that's great news for UConn because Westbrook will get a waiver as well. Collins is very nice but she doesn't move the needle that much for Maryland. Still Oregon, Baylor and Stanford but we are very close to Stanford now. (if the waiver is granted)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very happy with this news. Of course the next decision is whether Collins is granted a waiver or not. Of course if she does that's great news for UConn because Westbrook will get a waiver as well. Collins is very nice but she doesn't move the needle that much for Maryland. Still Oregon, Baylor and Stanford but we are very close to Stanford now. (if the waiver is granted)
The Terps have nice size already with Jones and Austin, at least.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I like your thinking, but with the NCAA, one doesn't necessarily follow the other. Great pick up for the Frozen One. She has range to the arc and you'll never question her work ethic or commitment. I personally think the young lady has a bigger upside than some give her credit for. I hope the Terp fans embrace her the way she deserves. FWIW I think she would have made a better Husky though.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The Terps have nice size already with Jones and Austin, at least.
Well, at least they have Austin. Not sold on Jones who hasn’t really developed like her sister. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
TBH, you are correct. Especially if Maryland is able to sign Angel Reese from Baltimore.
Not happening. UConn bound baby!

Okay, maybe not.

Reaction Score
Well, at least they have Austin. Not sold on Jones who hasn’t really developed like her sister. :)
I have to disagree with this. Jones is an excellent post player. Her game is a little different than her sister because she has more quickness. She can handle the ball on the perimeter, something her sister couldn't do. Stephanie's major problem is getting in foul trouble. It was getting so bad that Brenda would sit her with one foul so she could b effective in the 2nd half.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to disagree with this. Jones is an excellent post player. Her game is a little different than her sister because she has more quickness. She can handle the ball on the perimeter, something her sister couldn't do. Stephanie's major problem is getting in foul trouble. It was getting so bad that Brenda would sit her with one foul so she could b effective in the 2nd half.
Let’s agree to disagree as even you noted she can’t be relied upon due to foul trouble. She is a contributor but not a main contributor compared to Fraser, Myksell or Austin. Collins has as much upside or more. That’s my point.

Reaction Score
I agree with with this. I think Collins saw how Stephenie Jones developed and probably felt that she, Collins, has more talent and saw an opening since Jones will graduate this year. With Collins success on the perimeter, she could developed into a real threat. I think Mimi could have been a mini Lou at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom