Lakers hiring JJ Redick per wojo. *nm* | The Boneyard

Lakers hiring JJ Redick per wojo. *nm*

Reaction Score
I dont bet a lot. Does vegas take bets on 'how long someone ia going to last as a coach'. If i wanted to bet that JJ lasts more than a year, would Vegas give me odds?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think people are being a little hasty to call this a bad hire.

You really never know.

The thing with his relationship with LeBron is that it could go either way: either he's a puppet -- or LeBron respects and buys into what Redick is selling. LeBron certainly wants to win. And if he thinks Redick is going to do some magical Hurley stuff he's going to throw his support behind Redick. For a little while at least...

I'm just happy it's him and not Hurley.

Reaction Score
I actually like JJ. Seems like a decent, knowledgeable guy that had a solid pro career. Grayson Allen is the manifestation of all the bad things we thought JJ was/would be because he was at Duke.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I actually like JJ. Seems like a decent, knowledgeable guy that had a solid pro career. Grayson Allen is the manifestation of all the bad things we thought JJ was/would be because he was at Duke.
JJ’s one Dukie that I actually (gasp) don’t mind. Dude was a shooter, although I always wondered if he was juicing just before or during his freshman year there because he had some serious acne on his shoulders.

Grayson Allen on the other hand embodied everything people hate about Duke. Complete punk.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The Celtics current run of contending has featured three different head coaches, and the one who got them over the top was the last one anyone would have predicted at the outset. So it's safe to say not everyone knows everything.

Reaction Score
we thought JJ was/would be because he was at Duke
JJ would probably admit he was much of what we thought he was when he was at Duke. But some of that also came because of the terrible terrible abuse he took from fans, which often really crossed the line, like at Maryland.

He was in a bad head-space personally, and he was horribly treated in ways that brought out the worst in him. He matured a great deal after.

He is still a bit of a , but one. with self-awareness and a love of the game with the intellect to spell out how and why he loves it on a podcast.

awy

Reaction Score
this is a fine hire, but they are still not going anywhere but down. the roster is just what it is. young players overrated/nonexistent and the stars aging and fragile. it's not like they can play anything different than lebron ball. they don't have the personnel.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Celtics current run of contending has featured three different head coaches, and the one who got them over the top was the last one anyone would have predicted at the outset. So it's safe to say not everyone knows everything.
But Joe M didn't have to deal with Marcus Smart. That guy was a cooler.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom