Lagow moving on, I think | The Boneyard

Lagow moving on, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last weekend out of curiosity I looked at the OK State football web site and saw where there was a freshman QB looking at starting. Then I read where a couple of walk ons were awarded scholarships, he was not on this short List. This morning I Google'ed Lagow and see that he signed a letter of intent (7.12.2014) to attend and play football at Cisco JUCO in Cisco, Texas. And where will it end?

Reaction Score
Less than 2 weeks from opening kickoff. I can't be less interested in this.
Me to but I was sort of gauging his rise at OK state against those who he left behind at Uconn. Besides there was a lull in the action when the team went to Six Flags.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the kid is afraid of competition. Doesn't want to compete and earn a starting job.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Anyone jump on the Cisco JUCO FB Forum to see if Mr. Lagow has joined??

Reaction Score
Sounds like the kid is afraid of competition. Doesn't want to compete and earn a starting job.

Maybe. I don't think the exchanges that his father had here did his son any favors. Couple that with the ridiculous sick story on NLI Day and it's tough to not draw conclusions. I just hope this progression towards being closer to home isn't because of a girl.

Reaction Score
His twitter page has him in pads wearing a Wranglers jersey. Not sure the Wrangers are.

And it says "new squad, new beginning. Same expectations. Love this team already."

Pretty sure that means he is some place else

Reaction Score
Maybe. I don't think the exchanges that his father had here did his son any favors.

I think after this we should probably leave the kid alone and wish him well. I don't think his primary focus on life is centered around football. I do believe he probably still has a passion for it though... He's still pursuing his dream of play at the collegiate level. Gotta give him props for that. Just didn't work out here... I'm a fan of his for life. Like I said, from what I know of the kid (not much, but enough) I predict this kid has a bright future in the game of life....

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that one of our fellow posters has switched jobs to 3 companies in 3 years. When you look at this as a "opportunity", young Mr. Lagow is proceeding at the normal pace. It's not so much the fear of competition. (and I also hated the going away words stating that a CT kid was going to be "placed" above him) No one should have expected that he would rise & compete at Okla. State as a walk-on; that rarely happens. So ... he learned & maybe Cisco is his way to advancement. QB position is very different as well. It is not all that unusual for a very talented HS recruit to never beat out 4-8 kids in his 5 year arc for the starting spot. Just doesn't happen at other positions.

Reactions: pj

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think after this we should probably leave the kid alone and wish him well. I don't think his primary focus on life is centered around football. I do believe he probably still has a passion for it though... He's still pursuing his dream of play at the collegiate level. Gotta give him props for that. Just didn't work out here... I'm a fan of his for life. Like I said, from what I know of the kid (not much, but enough) I predict this kid has a bright future in the game of life....
Is it okay to be ambivalent?

Reaction Score
Is it okay to be ambivalent?

That's fine but when you're dealing with kids trying to find themselves there should be some sort of reluctance on a grown person's part to pass judgement.... I'm guilty of judging (we all are at some point) but with a situation like this, no sense in knocking somebody when they're down.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that one of our fellow posters has switched jobs to 3 companies in 3 years. When you look at this as a "opportunity", young Mr. Lagow is proceeding at the normal pace. It's not so much the fear of competition. (and I also hated the going away words stating that a CT kid was going to be "placed" above him) No one should have expected that he would rise & compete at Okla. State as a walk-on; that rarely happens. So ... he learned & maybe Cisco is his way to advancement. QB position is very different as well. It is not all that unusual for a very talented HS recruit to never beat out 4-8 kids in his 5 year arc for the starting spot. Just doesn't happen at other positions.

We had a kid (TL) who began at Iowa State. When they wanted to convert him to WR, he transferred to a California Juco in hope of earning a chance to be a 1A QB. Was a Juco All American and RE gave him a chance. He became a very serviceable QB for us, winning more than he lost. He was also, by all accounts, a great kid and student. Just took a different route.

Reaction Score
If Lagow isn't starting at UConn in the fall 2015 I'm boycotting....

Wrong thread?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's fine but when you're dealing with kids trying to find themselves there should be some sort of reluctance on a grown person's part to pass judgement.... I'm guilty of judging (we all are at some point) but with a situation like this, no sense in knocking somebody when they're down.
That's my point. I'm not passing judgment because I really couldn't care much less one way or another (other than my posts on a message board).

If Richard Lagow achieves all of his hopes and dreams, that's great. On the other hand, me "wishing him well" will have as much affect on his life as him selling Lady Kenmores with Larry the Pitching Coach in Durham, North Carolina will have on mine. I don't mean to be crass, but I'd just assume be honest.

I am a fan and I support UConn football. Mostly, that is because I am an alum and I want the school to be shown in the best possible light, regardless of discipline. I am also a sports junkie. So of course I want the teams to be good at the highest level.

Yes, most of those entering college are kids and they are forced to grow up quickly. It is also not necessarily their fault that the actions of the 5CSMA and NCAA have made anything it abundantly clear that they wish to considered more toward the professional level than than amateur, On the other hand, they made a decision to play at this level. So at the end of the day, an equal goal (College athletics wise) is to be entertained over the course of 3 1/2 hours on 12 weekends in the late summer/early fall (and hopefully an additional one in late December). I'm not exactly thinking about former players at that point.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Who? That guy who would have transferred this past off season had he not transferred the season before.

Please stop this thread before someone is forced to agree with a decision of the previous regime. I don't want that particular hole punched in my energy bucket (hat)

Reaction Score
thiks isn't going to be another one of those Hernadez things is it? For his entire Florida career, we had a couple of Bristol guys who would post about him every other week. I hope the kid has a good life. I don't much care where or whether he ends up playing football, though. For the moment I'm much more concerned about who will be under center for UConn on August 29 and not the least concerned about who is taking snaps for Cisco Community College or whatever it is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom