Lagow did not sign!!??? | The Boneyard

Lagow did not sign!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per hartford courant, as of 2:00PM did not return LOI. When contacted, said confused......not sure what he wants to do.

That hurts UConn, but understandable from his POV.

Never heard of this late QB signee from Atlanta.

Reaction Score
In this business, unfortunately, coaxing egos is a must.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Per hartford courant, as of 2:00PM did not return LOI. When contacted, said confused......not sure what he wants to do.

This just in...

The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!!!

Reaction Score
In this business, unfortunately, coaxing egos is a must.

I agree with coach p, signing day did not sneak up on Lagow, I know he was concerned about Boyle, but that's life on a football or any competitive sport, there's always the chance else will want your job. If you are not up to the task and someone else is, then you need to be elsewhere. I was looking forward to him being here, but he chose not to sign and was given an ultimatum. Coach p is right.

Reaction Score
I agree with coach p, signing day did not sneak up on Lagow, I know he was concerned about Boyle, but that's life on a football or any competitive sport, there's always the chance else will want your job. If you are not up to the task and someone else is, then you need to be elsewhere. I was looking forward to him being here, but he chose not to sign and was given an ultimatum. Coach p is right.
I can understand your perspective. It is what it is. Life goes on. Dog eat dog world.

Reaction Score

Don't bother with the recruiting thread unless you want to read 20+ pages of pissing contests on message board etiquette. The bottom line is we had two good QB prospects we'd extended offers to. Taking two QBs is not crazy or uncommon, but one of our prospects wanted to be the only QB in his class, so he didn't return his LOI. Since he's been wishy washy for the last month P found a replacement (the guy from Atlanta) who did return his LOI. I'd like to have Lagow, but he wants to be the only QB in the class and I really don't see what we can do to accommodate that. Given two recruits that are compareable I think you always have to take the kid that's not bothered by competition. It looks like the Atlanta QB could be a nice find anyhow.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Don't bother with the recruiting thread unless you want to read 20+ pages of pissing contests on message board etiquette. The bottom line is we had two good QB prospects we'd extended offers to. Taking two QBs is not crazy or uncommon, but one of our prospects wanted to be the only QB in his class, so he didn't return his LOI. Since he's been wishy washy for the last month P found a replacement (the guy from Atlanta) who did return his LOI. I'd like to have Lagow, but he wants to be the only QB in the class and I really don't see what we can do to accommodate that. Given two recruits that are compareable I think you always have to take the kid that's not bothered by competition. It looks like the Atlanta QB could be a nice find anyhow.

I like the kid from Atlanta. Tall, Big arm. Not much experience but great in the classroom.

Not afraid of competition and having to earn it.

Whats not to like?

If we were in a 7on7 league, I would be more upset. But in football, losing a 5-6 QB vs. a guy who won multiple state championships and is not intimidated by a TX QB?

I like Boyle too.

Reaction Score

As much as I hate to admit it u are indeed correct bro... I was dying to see Lagow sign on as a UCONN Husky today... I hope we end up with his LOI after all...

Reaction Score
It seems like pasqualoni and company got wind of Lagow's change of heart last week and added Taylor when it became pretty clear that Lagow wanted to be the only quarterback in the class. UConn had always palnned on bringing in 2. We actually saw evidence of that a couple of weeks ago when they spoke with the kid who was looking at Cincy but got left out by the new staff. So once Boyle, their top rated guy I think, became available, they took him, and hoped to land Lagow too. When that didn't work out they went after Taylor, the Atlanta kid. He might well have been on the radar anyway and if Boyle had stuck with BC, We may well have had Lagow and Taylor. Now its Boyle and Taylor.

pj

Reaction Score
freescooter, we have no idea who the staff had higher rated, Lagow or Boyle. Boyle got offered earlier, but that is because he was from Connecticut and they were familiar with him. Lagow got offered with the very first group of out-of-state kids to receive offers. There's every reason to think they had him highly rated.

But it doesn't matter who they think is better, the program needed 4 QBs on the roster so they had to bring in 2. When Boyle became available it was a no-brainer to offer him. It's unfortunate that having another QB spooked Lagow and his dad. The change in coordinators seems to have played into it.

Reaction Score
I think Taylor ends up at WR. I'd still like to see us ink Lagow.

Reaction Score
At the Rent tonite they presented Taylor as an athlete and mentioned possible safety. Sounds like a great student and a versatile player. Kind of like, we'll find a place for him.

I don't get Richard Lagow's reaction to Boyle's signing...wherever he goes he is going to have to compete to play.

Reaction Score
At the Rent tonite they presented Taylor as an athlete and mentioned possible safety. Sounds like a great student and a versatile player. Kind of like, we'll find a place for him.

I don't get Richard Lagow's reaction to Boyle's signing...wherever he goes he is going to have to compete to play.

This makes more sense. We already have a very athletic dual threat QB who won't be fitting into the new offense.

If the Lagow's had been in contact with the coaches recently they probably would have been told the situation like you presented.

There's an article on the LOI thread where Richard states he knew this would be a 2 QB class. If that's the case why the chatter from his father the last few days like they were duped. Strange....

Reaction Score
freescooter, we have no idea who the staff had higher rated, Lagow or Boyle. Boyle got offered earlier, but that is because he was from Connecticut and they were familiar with him. Lagow got offered with the very first group of out-of-state kids to receive offers. There's every reason to think they had him highly rated.

Coach Day said Boyle was the top rated QB he looked at.

Reaction Score
Wow. . . UConn hasn't had a legit QB since Dan O left. They go through QB pretenders like water . . . DJ, Bones, DJ, Bones,the kid who took a safety against Rutgers in his big start, Cundiff, TL, Frazer, Endres, Box, Johnny Mac, McCummings, Nebrich, Whitmer. Not really a big time performer among them. Not an All Big East quality QB in the pack. And now a D1 QB hotshot from Texas is afraid of the competition at UConn because they got a commit from Boyle? What am I missing? A Texas kid running scared of competion from Connecticut, my gosh are the Huskies in a bizarro world when this stuff happens to them.

Reaction Score

But it doesn't matter who they think is better, the program needed 4 QBs on the roster so they had to bring in 2. When Boyle became available it was a no-brainer to offer him. It's unfortunate that having another QB spooked Lagow and his dad. The change in coordinators seems to have played into it.
Coach Day specifically stated that he rated 60 QB's this past summer and he had Boyle rated number #1. I think the staff was extremely high on Lagow, but could not pass up the opportunity to accept Boyle's commitment. We were at the event and myself and 4 other friends were able to talk to Coach P for about 5 minutes. I asked him about Lagow and he was very complimentary of him. He stated he still hopes Lagow comes to UConn, and to us it seemed like he thought there still was a good chance. Again this was only our impression of what he said.

I asked him about Logan Marchi of St. Paul. He stated that he was at the UConn camp last summer and that he was very impressed with his play. He seemed to really like him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lagow's dad reminded me of Oriaki's
Me too a bit. I think the kid could be very successful her but at some point you can't let the inmates run the asylum.

pj

Reaction Score
Coach Day specifically stated that he rated 60 QB's this past summer and he had Boyle rated number #1. I think the staff was extremely high on Lagow, but could not pass up the opportunity to accept Boyle's commitment. We were at the event and myself and 4 other friends were able to talk to Coach P for about 5 minutes. I asked him about Lagow and he was very complimentary of him. He stated he still hopes Lagow comes to UConn, and to us it seemed like he thought there still was a good chance. Again this was only our impression of what he said.

I asked him about Logan Marchi of St. Paul. He stated that he was at the UConn camp last summer and that he was very impressed with his play. He seemed to really like him.

Every coach at every signing day has nothing but the best to say about the guys who have signed. If Lagow had faxed his LOI and Boyle had not, then we would have heard nothing but superlatives about Lagow.

Both Lagow and Boyle are excellent prospects. I'm sure you're right they still want Lagow.

I also think that UConn will be the best school for him when all is said and done, but maybe I'm biased toward UConn and blind to other schools' charms. Time will show us his decision.

Reaction Score
Lagow's father is much easier going than Oriakhi's father. Not going to go into details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom