Lady Vols on SEC Network today and YouTube all the time | The Boneyard

Lady Vols on SEC Network today and YouTube all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Look, I have an interest in all of these things. With the next UConn game tomorrow (yay!), today is a day during which you have the opportunity to take in the LVs of today and the rich tradition of yesteryear.

As for today, The LVs take on Stanford in a game that's certainly interesting to me. Texas and (wow) Tennessee-Chattanooga took 'em both out; who redeems themselves this afternoon? The game is on SEC Network at 1:00 PM ET.

One hour before the game on SEC Network, there is a Nine for IX documentary about Pat Summitt. I think it'll be worth watching.

And now, I offer two games, both of which may enable you to appreciate anew the greatness of Chamique Holdsclaw.

Here is a glorious, breathtaking game- the 1998 national championship. Your heart will be pounding by the end of the first half. I don't care how much you hate Tennessee; this is some great ball. At the game's conclusion, Chamique is interviewed and shouts out "Astoria and the QB [i.e., Gueensbridge]." Yes, she was a New Yorker from CTK and in the recruiting class of '95. Had she been a year younger, could Geno have landed her after winning it all for the first time in 1995?

The game:

And lastly, a game that is painful to watch but interesting: the 1997 regional final with UConn. The YouTube video is edited so that it's very fast. The LVs kind of ambushed UConn in the first half. Geno was seated all game; when does that happen now? In the second half, UConn mounted an amazing, furious comeback and came within one point. Tennessee pulled away on an absolute ton of FTs, and UConn also missed a ton of FTs. That, plus the absence of Shea and the presence of Kellie Jolly, represented the difference in this game. Kara had a good game but not her characteristically NPOY-caliber one. Sadly, foul trouble limited her to an extent. Nykesha, meanwhile, was magnificent. Here is the game:

Yes, Tennessee is still a rival, but I love WCBB...and UConn isn't playing today.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thanks, Alex. Nice, informative thread. I'm always interested in anything related to WBB.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That 1998 game was one of my favorites. I taped it and watched it over and over because Tamika Catchings was from Dallas and I had seen her play in high school. What ever happened to Geter? I know she transferred to SC but I always thought she was really good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That 1998 game was one of my favorites. I taped it and watched it over and over because Tamika Catchings was from Dallas and I had seen her play in high school. What ever happened to Geter? I know she transferred to SC but I always thought she was really good.
Yes she played 2 years at SC. Was drafted by the Mystics into the WNBA. Google says she coached at Allen University in Colombia, SC, but isn't there anymore. There was a Teresa Geter and Kelly Armstrong who registered at Target for their wedding. Might be them here
https://www.facebook.com/teresa.geter

Reaction Score
Glory Days ... or ... "memories are all I have then I'd rather drive a truck ..." Enjoy bending an elbow with any like-minded woman's basketball fan and swapping stories about this game, this player or this coach but in the middle of the season presently and enjoying watching the Huskies playing teams who want to play us not teams who talk a good game but can't seem to make it to the opening tip. Coach Summit got a raw deal and I'm sorry for her and the Tennessee family but I'm not nominating her, or them, for sainthood after pulling the plug on the greatest rivalry this sport ever saw. If the basketball Gods are smiling down on us we'll meet up in March. Then I'll join in the " ...Good Old Days ..." discussions. Beat UCLA ... GO HUSKIES!!!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good videos. As for this years team. In the two loses Harrison didn't play. I think the defense is getting better. The Stanford game was the first time in the great history of the program. That Tennessee held a top ten ranked team too 40 points. On the offensive side one difference was some outside shots went in. Which frees up the middle for post players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom