Lady Bears no more | The Boneyard

Lady Bears no more

Reaction Score
The tweeter followed up saying she got confirmation from Baylor spokesperson of this change.

Reaction Score
Lots of Louisville fans use the term "Lady Cardinals" or "Lady Cards." The team is simply "Cardinals" and has been for as long as I can remember. Let's get rid of all the "Lady" stuff.

Reaction Score
Lots of Louisville fans use the term "Lady Cardinals" or "Lady Cards." The team is simply "Cardinals" and has been for as long as I can remember. Let's get rid of all the "Lady" stuff.
I wouldn't be too surprised if we aren't introduced to the brand new, "Lady Tigers" of LSU here in about a month or so. Just sayin'

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Cleary a step forward towards treating women as real athletes..
What? No, this has to do with Mulkey not being an impediment against the name change so that the marketing of all the Baylor apparel is the same. See Tennessee and the Lady Vols or LaTech and the Lady Techsters.

It has nothing to do with “treating women” as real athletes at Baylor. Considering how much money Baylor used to spend on the WCBB program, my guess is that spend will go down quite a bit.

On a tangential related observation is I think the Baylor program will be in for a rather drastic drop in esteem and performance now with Kim gone. Almost all marquee programs lose esteem when their flag bearer coach leaves.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too surprised if we aren't introduced to the brand new, "Lady Tigers" of LSU here in about a month or so. Just sayin'
Well they have referred to them as such for quite some time although not sure about officially as in the team pages. They just say LSU WBB on their social media pages as long as I can remember but they often still refer to them as the lather when speaking of them

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whether the word "Lady" is part of the official schools name or not for Women's sports programs, some will always include the "Lady" moniker. For instant, UConn never went by the "Lady Huskies" (not saying I use it :rolleyes:) but to this day some will say "Lady Husky/Huskies"

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Whether the word "Lady" is part of the official schools name or not for Women's sports programs, some will always include the "Lady" moniker. For instant, UConn never went by the "Lady Huskies" (not saying I use it :rolleyes:) but to this day some will say "Lady Husky/Huskies"
Yes, at Rutgers Vivian immediately dropped the "Lady Knights" moniker in 1996 when she arrived. Some really resented it. There is a perception to using the Lady moniker.

For the Lady Techsters and Lady Vols there is some enshrinement in history. Otherwise, I'm all for not having it as part of your team name.

PS - here at Arizona, while some fans have said "Lady Wildcats", really they have generally always just been referred to as Wildcats.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There are some SC fans that do that, too, and it's been a generation since the change.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yes, at Rutgers Vivian immediately dropped the "Lady Knights" moniker in 1996 when she arrived. Some really resented it. There is a perception to using the Lady moniker.

For the Lady Techsters and Lady Vols there is some enshrinement in history. Otherwise, I'm all for not having it as part of your team name.

PS - here at Arizona, while some fans have said "Lady Wildcats", really they have generally always just been referred to as Wildcats.
I'm moving back to Jersey when I retire so I need to start paying closer attention to Rutgers WBB.

Reaction Score
The one that I always find interesting is the Women of Troy. I’d be curious to hear what others opinions are for the Toejams(USC).

Reaction Score
"Lady Gamecocks" is amusingly oxymoronic, as are:
Lady Bulls (USF)
Lady Stags (Fairfield)
Yes. Game Hens is the appropriate term. I smile, inwardly, when someone refers to a female peacock! The correct term is pea hen. Or use the gender neutral term pea fowl or game fowl.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We're not supposed to discuss politics on here, so I won't. I want to be back in the NYC area.
We should trade houses. I’m not quite ready to retire yet, but when I do I think I’ll leave Jersey.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We should trade houses. I’m not quite ready to retire yet, but when I do I think I’ll leave Jersey.
I am a NJ native, but I've been gone for a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom