Lack of Team Depth and Team Maturity Cost UCONN vs. Miss. State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lack of Team Depth and Team Maturity Cost UCONN vs. Miss. State

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I think Batouley Camara can be quite effective. Natalie won't have to be the full time center

I doubt Butler will see any meaningful playing time next year barring injuries. She would have to make an amazing turnaround. During the off season she needs to practice catching a minimum of 1,000 balls a day, 1,000+ rebounds holding the ball high and strongly, and 1,000 times going up strongly and agressively making layups against tall strong players. Power up! Work on footwork and how to maneuver for a shot without traveling. Watch a lot of Dolson film for the passing game and a bit of "nasty." She needs some Dolson nasty. Pump more iron for much greater strength, not just tone and modest strength. Power lift.

Reaction Score
buddy, if you can call this team soft, you're clueless. They came through every challenge with a young roster and a thin bench. They won at home on the road in front of hostile crowds, they carried the weight of 4 straight NCs and a 111 game winning streak. You of course are one of the tough guys. You are clueless.

Reaction Score
Which brings up a point no one has yet discussed; this year's freshman recruits seem among the worst classes UCONN has attracted in quite a while. Crystal is well below the level of several freshmen point guards already starting on highly prominent teams ( Maryland, South Carolina, etc ), and Kyla and Molly made no impression at all. Nat is not a player at this level. She can provide some useful minutes only against non competitive teams. So, recruiting her was in a panic move, I think, as UCONN experienced no success in their efforts to obtain a quality, big player. If it wasn't for the shake-ups at Duke and Kentucky, we would still be in that position.
Bullshit!

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
We are really spoiled as fans I mean really...

For as bad as UCONN played and as well as Mississippi State played, you would have thought this game ended in a 60 point blowout... Think about it, MSS played really well and we played poorly for long periods and yet it took them overtime and a buzzer beater to send us home..

This was/is an incredible team UCONN put together this year.. All of a sudden this same team that won impressively all season over teams with collectively bigger and more dominant front courts, (According to some BY Experts), loss because of our lack of a taller post presence.. To me that is just plain silly...

MSS made some early buckets, which led to their confidence on offense, played aggressively on D, and in so doing flustered the best College team in America for a good stretch in the first half, taking the Huskies out of their rhythm and forcing them to exhort more energy than normal going one on one..

Turnovers and Rebounding more than anything else and a few mental lapses is what cost us the game, those things occur when you are fatigued, Give MSS the credit for executing a game plan that was effective in taking us out of our game... It is that simple.. We have done the same thing to several other programs...

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
We had the team to win this game. We didn't need Edwards or Boykin. We were really just a shot or a couple FT makes from winning. Gabby Williams made sure of that.

Reaction Score
I think we are all saying the same things in different ways. Miss is a v.good team. It was built, say the coach, to handle Uconn. No disappointment there. Regardless of how fit you are these one-and-done games (against v.good teams) take their toll on the body when you have both the physical + psych pressures of playing bigger, stronger and equally quick individuals How can you speed up the game when you are worried about fouls, about coming out for a breather and ball handling. Having said all these things, I am going on a limb here and say that I gave the coaching hedge to the Miss. coach and his game plan.
Lastly, Pheesa and Kia are now free having to visit the White House out of politeness for their teammates and the White House. And, Geno and staff postponed any in-house ranting on the matter. More, the Team will not have to suffer through another summer hearing that they are bad for the game. With the exception of SC (the one who barely became a #1 see) all the other #1 pretenders ended up choking or un-donned. So, parity is here again;) And one more. We will go into the summer with everyone auditioning for a job-- including their old one. Everybody knows that-- including this year's Freshmen class. Only the seniors with their seniority have a leg up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom