Lack of discipline.... | The Boneyard

Lack of discipline....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This team is losing games due to lack of discipline and concentration. Duke is always going to get the calls. I think it is in the ESPN contract.

But lack of smart play is on us.
Two offensive rebounding fouls when the other team is in the bonus is just plain dumb. That sad thing is that one was by Nolan and the other Lubin. Even if they got possession if is doubtful they could have finished.
This was how Texas came was blown.
Ollie needs to call his guys over and insist they get back and play defense when the other team in the bonus.
Remind these guys not to foul in the bonus 94 ft from the basket..

Boxing out on a free throw. Duke kid should have been nowhere near the rim to goal tend.

Free throw shooting.
TSam has now missed the front end of a one and one for two straight games. When
your entire game is getting to the rim....
Boat has missed the 2nd free throw all season. He needs to hit those.

Missed layups open is a lack of concentration at the rim.

Out of control on offensive end. Purvis had at least three turnovers getting out of control.

Add up the correctable points and UConn beats Texas and gets into a last possession game with Duke.

This team is not talented enough to win unless it keeps mistakes to a minimum.

UConn is nickle and dimeing itself to death.

Reaction Score
I don't see it as a lack of discipline or concentration, we've improved a lot in the past two games, we're just not where we need to be yet as a team. Better shooting would have changed a lot of things.

Reaction Score
I don't see it as a lack of discipline or concentration
I do. We had at least 15 bone head plays, that, if corrected, get us into the game. Fouling on offensive rebounds from behind swiping at the ball late in the game while the other team is in the bonus and shooting 75% as a team from the line is DUMB.

Reaction Score
We can't shoot.

You don't have to hunt for reasons the obvious one is the problem.
I would also add that Facey is the only big who can grab rebounds against the best competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom