Kysre Gondrezick Leaving Michigan - Who Needs a Guard? | The Boneyard

Kysre Gondrezick Leaving Michigan - Who Needs a Guard?

Reaction Score
Somebody is going to get a good one........she can play............

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
Multiple sources indicate that freshman Kysre Gondrezick (on "indefinite leave") won't return to the Michigan WBB team this year or next.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Uconn recruited her didn't they? No room, but an interesting transfer possibility. But it is strangely worded, wonder if she is not transferring but dealing with something outside of basketball.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Uconn recruited her didn't they? No room, but an interesting transfer possibility. But it is strangely worded, wonder if she is not transferring but dealing with something outside of basketball.
Right. I mean who knows? This stuff is so hard to tell especially when speculating on the life and mind of a 19 year old. It's easier speculating on where lightning is going to strike while you're holding a winning MegaMillions ticket.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Whoa.

I saw that she didn't appear in the box score of one of Michigan's WNIT games, but I didn't know whether she was injured or what.

She was on my list of top-5 freshmen performers in mid-February. Her production seemed to wane somewhat in the closing weeks (much as Michigan's results did, leaving them out in the cold on Selection Monday), and she was pulled from the starting lineup in multiple games down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Somebody is going to get a good one...she can play..

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
Multiple sources indicate that freshman Kysre Gondrezick (on "indefinite leave") won't return to the Michigan WBB team this year or next.

"On indefinite leave" doesn't mean leaving. that may well be the outcome, but "on leave" means 'out but coming back' to me.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I liked her game. Wish an AAC team could get her- conference needs to continue to upgrade talent.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
KG could end up with her sister at Michigan State?? Will have 3 years available.

Chatrice White is another good one.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Chatrice White part 2 ??? 6'3-6'4 beefy post player from the state of Nebraska transferring from a Big 10 school after her sophomore year...

Hope she ends up in the ACC

More highly regarded than White as a recruit, though that was before her knee injury.

With no posts yet committed for 2018, I wonder if ND would take a look. I know she is friendly with some of the ND girls due to USAB connections.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jessica Shepard would be a huge pickup for any of the Elite/Good Teams. Would be ideally suited in Notre Dame's offense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
KG could end up with her sister at Michigan State?? Will have 3 years available.

Chatrice White is another good one.

You think the Michigan coach would release her to Michigan State? :confused:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

That's what I was thinking. A school can block a transfer to certain other schools as a condition of releasing a player. Many don't allow players to transfer to schools in their own conference, almost no chance they'd allow a transfer to their in-state, hated rival.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score

It's happening.

Alexis Jennings from Kentucky to South Carolina.

Jordan Danberry from Arkansas to Mississippi State.

Those are sec schools but I am noticing it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's happening.

Alexis Jennings from Kentucky to South Carolina.

Jordan Danberry from Arkansas to Mississippi State.

Those are sec schools but I am noticing it.

Yeah...... but thats a bit different. I dunno..... maybe the same conference/same state rivalry is more pronounced in the SEC/ACC than it is in other leagues.... Something like that would never happen at NC State/UNC ..... or probably not Ole Miss/Miss State et al...

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Word in the AAU circuit is there are several more high profile transfers coming in the next few weeks!?! Interesting. Jess Shepard could be one of them since I'm in B1G country.

Wasn't Shepard on a USA team??

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
More highly regarded than White as a recruit, though that was before her knee injury.

With no posts yet committed for 2018, I wonder if ND would take a look. I know she is friendly with some of the ND girls due to USAB connections.

Just saw this over on McGraw's Bench, as well.

I think Shepard would be a great complement to the 2017 forward/posts that ND has coming in. Mikayla Vaughn is a bit more in the Brianna Turner mold -- long and lithe and can run all day, while Patterson is more of a high post. Shepard loves that interior and I thin she would also benefit from having talented wings and guards around her to open things up, like before that Yori "resignation"/firing at Nebraska. Players and/or recruits from that team are scattered around the country and the epicenter of it all keeps getting smaller and seemingly weaker in Lincoln.

Here's a link to a story:
Jessica Shepard plans to transfer from Nebraska

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Whoa.

I saw that she didn't appear in the box score of one of Michigan's WNIT games, but I didn't know whether she was injured or what.

She was on my list of top-5 freshmen performers in mid-February. Her production seemed to wane somewhat in the closing weeks (much as Michigan's results did, leaving them out in the cold on Selection Monday), and she was pulled from the starting lineup in multiple games down the stretch.

That's the second Michigan guard to opt out of the program this year. Lauren "Boogie" Brozoski left the team in January to transfer to Hofstra. Brozoski is from Queens and played at Long Island Lutheran and was named NY Gatorade Player of the Year her senior year. Her Michigan coach, Kim Barnes Arico, had previously been at St. John's, was a native Islander and probably knew Boogie from the LI scene. Maybe Ms. Brozoski wanted to get back east.

But that's two transfers in the guard corps for Coach Arico in one semester.

‘Boogie’ Brozoski transfers to Hofstra

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That's wild. She's from Nebraska and committed to Nebraska back in September 2011.
She had bonded with Connie Yori from the time she was in 8th grade. Just surprise that when Yori "resigned" she didn't leave like Romeo. Now she will have to sit out a year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Chatrice White part 2 ??? 6'3-6'4 beefy post player from the state of Nebraska transferring from a Big 10 school after her sophomore year...

Hope she ends up in the ACC
Let me just offer this up- please watch tonight as Chatrice White is on FSU and I am sorry but she does not impress me or evidently the FSU coaching staff- she played like 8 min on Sat. In the 3 FSU games I saw, she's out of shape, slow and has no outside shot. She was a top 50 Hoopgurlz 2014 but hasn't developed. Maybe that's the Big10 style...watch tonight and let's review tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom