Kyrie Irving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kyrie Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Kemba and Holiday are pretty equal. Take Kemba off the Cats and they don't win 5 games this year. I am just hoping that he gets in the discussion in a few years, as most of you do. Rondo is a top 5 PG easily and he effects the game in every way besides shooting, which he can do (below average). I mean we are splitting hairs between most of these guys.

Reaction Score
Curry is the greatest shooter I've seen. And no gm was honestly considering taking a tweener over a franchise changer with explosive talent.

Reaction Score
Curry is the greatest shooter I've seen. And no gm was honestly considering taking a tweener over a franchise changer with explosive talent.
You need to watch more basketball then.

Reaction Score
You need to watch more basketball then.
Or perhaps you do? I'm not even the first to say it. I got league pass my boy while youre probably sitting around watching highlights and nationally televised games.you scoffing at even the idea is hilarious

Reaction Score
I think people are forgetting how good D. Rose is, he was one of the top 5 players in the league before he blew out his knee and he totally outplayed CP3 every time they went head to head. My top 5 are- 1. Rose 2. Paul 3. Irving 4. Parker 5. Rondo. I think Irving will take over the #1 spot very soon, Curry is a great shooter but I think Irving shoots it better. Holiday is having a really good year but no way is he top 5, he still plays out of control and just isn't at that elite level yet.

Reaction Score
I think people are forgetting how good D. Rose is, he was one of the top 5 players in the league before he blew out his knee and he totally outplayed CP3 every time they went head to head. My top 5 are- 1. Rose 2. Paul 3. Irving 4. Parker 5. Rondo. I think Irving will take over the #1 spot very soon, Curry is a great shooter but I think Irving shoots it better. Holiday is having a really good year but no way is he top 5, he still plays out of control and just isn't at that elite level yet.

+1 DRose is unbelievable when healthy. Not as great a passer but absolutely unstoppable off the dribble. His tear drop(which he can shoot to like 15 feet) is just an insane, signature shot.

Reaction Score
How?
He's a a bad fit with kyrie. He dominates the ball. I kinda also think there isn't much more to waiters than we are seeing. He's not helping them win games, actually Terrence Ross is helping the raptors win games more than waiters is for the cavs. Check the stats if you want. And I'm not even discussing the total whiff on Andre.

Reaction Score
He's a a bad fit with kyrie. He dominates the ball. I kinda also think there isn't much more to waiters than we are seeing. He's not helping them win games, actually Terrence Ross is helping the raptors win games more than waiters is for the cavs. Check the stats if you want. And I'm not even discussing the total whiff on Andre.

You're not the only one on here with league pass, but I'm not sure what "checking the stats" demonstrates. I just don't see - having watched Waiters all season - how he can be seen as a **** up in any sense of the word. I thought at Syracuse he was a dude who was coasting on his physicality a la Paul Harris but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But I've also watched enough basketball to know that steph curry is not the greatest shooter I've seen. ****, there are a couple dudes who work at espn who could lay claim to being better shooters.

Reaction Score
Also two guys that I used to like but have gotten very sick of are Westbrook and Deron Williams. Westbrook is a huge talent but he simply hasn't grown up at all, he still plays out of control and pouts a lot. I've been saying it since midway through last season, the Thunder will never win a title as long as he's their point guard. I used to really like Deron but his game and personality no longer resemble the guy I really liked when he played in Utah. He seems to have become a diva and it sure seems like he forced Jerry Sloane into early retirement and got Avery Johnson fired. He got his fat contract and now his body has gotten fat, his stock has fallen far.

Reaction Score
The curry statement is subjective. Did you guy miss the 'I've seen' part? And uh, you've watched waiters all year? You think he is compatible with kyrie and a great selection at 4? I disagree emphatically. He's scores the ball very well(EDIT-actually no he doesn't he has horrendous shot selection, it's hard for guards to change that) , would be better on a different team. And stats? I don't even like stats but its something called win shares.

Reaction Score
I must admit I missed how talented Kyrie is when he was at Duke. Maybe just how I view all Dukies, didn't see him as athletic enough to be this good. He would get open and I'd say "bad defense", maybe should have said "good offense".

Reaction Score
I hated the pick, but it's far too early to pass any judgment about Waiters.

Not that their situations are entirely comparable, but people were writing Kemba off as a starter after his woeful shooting percentages last season. Drawing conclusions about rookie guards isn't really smart.

The dude is averaging 14-2.5-3 as a 21-year-old. This isn't a Jonny Flynn-type situation - there's upside there.

Reaction Score
Nobody including myself is writing off waiters. Nobody was writing off marcus Thornton either, and he was a second rounder. that guy ain't winning games anywhere. If they really needed a 2 they should have traded up for beal, whose shot selection is astoundingly better and could play off kyrie. they messed up on the pick from alot of stances.

Reaction Score
The dude is averaging 14-2.5-3 as a 21-year-old. This isn't a Jonny Flynn-type situation - there's upside there.

jonny averaged 13.5/4.4/2.3 as a 20yr old:)

curry is obviously young but hes unparalleled as a 3pt shooter through his first 4 years. .442% on 5.2 per game is absurd even before you account for his relative lack of unassisted attempts. hes the best shooter ive seen

Reaction Score
jonny averaged 13.5/4.4/2.3 as a 20yr old:)

curry is obviously young but hes unparalleled as a 3pt shooter through his first 4 years. .442% on 5.2 per game is absurd even before you account for his relative lack of unassisted attempts. hes the best shooter ive seen
HA to everybody scoffing at my earlier post. Curry is on a torrid pace, a pace in which absolutely shattering rays record is a foregone conclusion, without injury of course.

Reaction Score
HA to everybody scoffing at my earlier post. Curry is on a torrid pace, a pace in which absolutely shattering rays record is a foregone conclusion, without injury of course.

I was agreeing with you about Curry being up there among the best I've seen (my personal vote is Drazen Petrovic), but you lost me here. Ray's record certainly won't be unbreakable when he hangs them up, but it will be unshatterable. To break it, you'll pretty much have to play 16 years effectively and that's not a foregone conclusion for anyone in the NBA. Usually guards slow down at 32 or so, with the occasional exceptions (Nash, Ray, Kobe recently breaking the mold). A guy like Dale Ellis shot threes until he was 40 but he was a small forward and you could hide him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom