Kyrie Irving | The Boneyard

Kyrie Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very talented kid. I especially like that his attempt to take over the Arizona game, which destroyed Dook team chemistry, was a key factor in Arizona's win....which of course helped UConn win the title

Reaction Score
Very talented kid. I especially like that his attempt to take over the Arizona game, which destroyed Dook team chemistry, was a key factor in Arizona's win....which of course helped UConn win the title

Sounds about right. The "Kemba's better" post should be next.

Reaction Score

Yup I completely agree. It is one of the more enjoyable non uconn games to watch.

But he is and always was gangsta good. Happy for Cleveland that they have him, they got hurt bad obviously before... He gives them some hope.

Not easy getting top end guys to go to Cleveland... Draft only chance

Reaction Score
He will be the best point guard in the league as soon as next year, I knew he was special since he came into the league last year but thought it would take him at least a few years to be the best point but I honestly think he is already ready. He has no weakness in his game, something that is insane for a 20 year old. He and Chris Paul have the best handles in the league, he's the best shooting pg in the league, he is virtually unstoppable going to the rim. Another thing that makes him great is he knows how good he is, he isn''t overly cocky but he carries himself with that attitude like nothing he does on the court is surprising to him.

Reaction Score
Even in college it was clear how good he was. Duke gets mcd's all Americans all the time, but he was their best player since jay Williams, in that category of ridiculously unguardable. Fortunately he had just a knee injury to overcome, not a crazy ass motorcycle accident

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Top 5 pg, better than rose overall I think. The cavs took a risk and it paid off. Good for them.

Reaction Score
He will be the best point guard in the league as soon as next year, I knew he was special since he came into the league last year but thought it would take him at least a few years to be the best point but I honestly think he is already ready. He has no weakness in his game, something that is insane for a 20 year old. He and Chris Paul have the best handles in the league, he's the best shooting pg in the league, he is virtually unstoppable going to the rim. Another thing that makes him great is he knows how good he is, he isn''t overly cocky but he carries himself with that attitude like nothing he does on the court is surprising to him.
Kyrie is a stud, and he's the reason why I have to force myself to watch Cavs games, but to say he has no weaknesses isn't true. He's a pretty poor defender, and isn't that great at creating scoring opportunities for others. Yes, he's surrounded by garbage, but even Wall was able to get 8 assists per game in the cesspool that is Wash, and Kyrie is ball dominant so the opportunities are there. Right now he reminds me of Gilbert Arenas before the knee injuries when he was a beast.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
yes I do but Irving's better IMHO
1. Paul
2. Irving
3. Rose
4. Parker
5. Curry

Yikes I can't get behind that...Irving is definitely a top up and comer, but let's not forget how good Rose is, just bc he's hurt we tend to forget. He is so explosive and unguardable. Irving could become better depending how rose returns and if his jumper develops more, but I'd still take Rose right now

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yikes I can't get behind that...Irving is definitely a top up and comer, but let's not forget how good Rose is, just bc he's hurt we tend to forget. He is so explosive and unguardable. Irving could become better depending how rose returns and if his jumper develops more, but I'd still take Rose right now
maybe but I think if kyrie were on the bulls he'd average 25 10 easy. The cavs suck, he just doesn't have rose like vertical. Otherwise I think he's better in every aspect imho

Reaction Score
More dangerous from deep than rose. This sort of negates Rose's quickness advantage, which was real pre injury. Lets see where rose is at when he's back, both are ridiculous. Rondo is a special player too, on the right team he is up there as well. No shot obviously but does so many things. I've never underestimated a player out of college more than rondo

Reaction Score
He is scary good for a 20 year old, however I don't believe he's on Chris Paul's level quite yet. In two or three years, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the best five players in the league. Health forbidden, he looks headed for a HOF career. This is my list of PG's when healthy:

1. Paul
2. Rose
3. Parker
4. Rondo
5. Holiday (yes I think he's been better than Kyrie this season)

Kyrie is probably #6 right now, although I'd take him over all those guys if I was starting a franchise.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He is not above Paul, Rondo, or Rose..
More dangerous from deep than rose. This sort of negates Rose's quickness advantage, which was real pre injury. Lets see where rose is at when he's back, both are ridiculous. Rondo is a special player too, on the right team he is up there as well. No shot obviously but does so many things. I've never underestimated a player out of college more than rondo
The celtics have played better this season without rondo. I'm not dismissing how good rondo is because i'm a Cs fan myself. But if you take irving off the cavs they might win upwards of 10 games, think about it they only have 18 with him

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He is scary good for a 20 year old, however I don't believe he's on Chris Paul's level quite yet. In two or three years, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the best five players in the league. Health forbidden, he looks headed for a HOF career. This is my list of PG's when healthy:

1. Paul
2. Rose
3. Parker
4. Rondo
5. Holiday (yes I think he's been better than Kyrie this season)

Kyrie is probably #6 right now, although I'd take him over all those guys if I was starting a franchise.
well said...... i agree holiday is soooooo underrated this season

Reaction Score
It is crazy to think how much better the Clippers would probably be not now but definitly into the future had they not traded their 1st round pick for a baron davis rental which ended up being Kyrie. Blake and Kyrie with Eric Gordon would have been unstoppable. Assuming Gordon wasn't so fragile.

Reaction Score
the thing with cp3 is he is such a good floor general, nobody can really usurp him ( despite decling athleticism). Cp3 is like a rich mans Nash.

Rondo over kyrie ? Pshhhh. The cavs wouldn't even put that trade on the table rondo will never be a top 3 pg due to his lack of shooting coupled with an unpredictable personality.

Boy the cavs did wonders drafting an obvious #1, but completely effed up drafting waiters.

Reaction Score
the thing with cp3 is he is such a good floor general, nobody can really usurp him ( despite decling athleticism). Cp3 is like a rich mans Nash.

Rondo over kyrie ? Pshhhh. The cavs wouldn't even put that trade on the table rondo will never be a top 3 pg due to his lack of shooting coupled with an unpredictable personality.

Boy the cavs did wonders drafting an obvious #1, but completely effed up drafting waiters.
Kyrie was not the consensus #1 in that draft because of his injury history. A lot of people thought Derrick Williams should have went #1.

I believe he has had another surgery on his hand and missed some time because of a finger(?) injury since being in the NBA.

Top 5 PGs?
In no order expect for CP3 who is a clear and obvious #1, then in some order its Rose, Kyrie, Rondo and Westbrook.

Any list that has Curry on it needs to be thrown out. Good player, not great, and not in the discussion with the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom