Kylee Watson 5 Star 6'4" to Oregon | The Boneyard

Kylee Watson 5 Star 6'4" to Oregon

Reaction Score
I've seen her play and she isnt much above 6' 2".

Reaction Score
I've seen her play and she isnt much above 6' 2".
Her side by side picture with Kelly Graves looks like she is 1” to 2” shorter than the 6’6” Graves.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wow what's going on with ND? They can't be pleased to lose another recruit...

Can you lose what you never had? ND never really had that kind of recruiting juice to just get everyone they want in the first place.

ND has two top-35 recruits for 2020 committed and it's still only May. Don't see how that would be cause for concern (yet).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can you lose what you never had? ND never really had that kind of recruiting juice to just get everyone they want in the first place.

ND has two top-35 recruits for 2020 committed and it's still only May. Don't see how that would be cause for concern (yet).
Makes sense, but all I meant was "lose out on". I probably should have said that instead of "lose" ie. Danielle Patterson.

Who is ND going hard after for 2020 and 2021? Who do you all think you have the best shot at landing?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Makes sense, but all I meant was "lose out on". I probably should have said that instead of "lose" ie. Danielle Patterson.

Who is ND going hard after for 2020 and 2021? Who do you all think you have the best shot at landing?

Oh, I knew what you meant, I was just being defensive. ;)

I'm not studied up on 2021 yet. As of a couple months ago, the list of 2021s that Ivey was following on twitter was Fudd, DeBerry, Payton Verhulst, O'Mariah Gordon, Jada Walker, Raven Johnson, Caroline Ducharme. Looks like Aaliyah Moore is a recent addition to that list.

Deja Kelly, Caitlin Clark, and Maddy Westbeld would be the top names still in play for 2020. There maybe (hopefully are!) others.

I don't have a solid feel on Clark, recruitment seems wide open. She seemed to like Oregon but I'm not sure if they'd want to take another in this class. Think Oregon State, ND, Iowa, and Iowa State should be in play there.

Kelly's social media made it look like she wanted to go to either Oregon or ND and I'd think Oregon is off the table now. ND made sure to get the first home visit with her, so it looks like she's a priority. I think chances of Kelly to ND are high (better than 50/50, imo).

Not sure where Maddy Westbeld stands in terms of her recruitment, she doesn't put anything about recruiting on social media. ND was confirmed to be "on her list" last I knew. The ND/Kat Westbeld relationship seems to have been mutually beneficial to say the least and she and Kat are very tight, but other than I don't how strong any mutual interest might be.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oh, I knew what you meant, I was just being defensive. ;)

I'm not studied up on 2021 yet. As of a couple months ago, the list of 2021s that Ivey was following on twitter was Fudd, DeBerry, Payton Verhulst, O'Mariah Gordon, Jada Walker, Raven Johnson, Caroline Ducharme. Looks like Aaliyah Moore is a recent addition to that list.

Deja Kelly, Caitlin Clark, and Maddy Westbeld would be the top names still in play for 2020. There maybe (hopefully are!) others.

I don't have a solid feel on Clark, recruitment seems wide open. She seemed to like Oregon but I'm not sure if they'd want to take another in this class. Think Oregon State, ND, Iowa, and Iowa State should be in play there.

Kelly's social media made it look like she wanted to go to either Oregon or ND and I'd think Oregon is off the table now. ND made sure to get the first home visit with her, so it looks like she's a priority. I think chances of Kelly to ND are high (better than 50/50, imo).

Not sure where Maddy Westbeld stands in terms of her recruitment, she doesn't put anything about recruiting on social media. ND was confirmed to be "on her list" last I knew. The ND/Kat Westbeld relationship seems to have been mutually beneficial to say the least and she and Kat are very tight, but other than I don't how strong any mutual interest might be.

Although I assumed otherwise, it now seems as if Oregon is still in the running for Clark. Rumors are that she was very positive about her unofficial visit, will make an official in the fall, and is an Ionescu fan. She's also apparently a "best friend" of Oregon recruit Sydney Parrish (based on Parrish's comment at about minute three of an interview with the Oregonian (with an overly enthusiastic header):

Sydney Parrish, Oregon Ducks 5-star pledge, discusses how nation’s No. 1 recruiting class came together

I remain skeptical, but . . .

Reaction Score
Ducks rumored not done with 2020 class. Expect them to try to add at least one more guard (Clark?, Van Lith?, international?). Not sure what else may be down the pike.

Reaction Score
Ducks rumored not done with 2020 class. Expect them to try to add at least one more guard (Clark?, Van Lith?, international?). Not sure what else may be down the pike.
They only have one scholarship left for 2020 absent transfers. I expect they will keep that available for Clark. If Clark commits somewhere else they would only bring in someone else if she is a top tier player. Otherwise they will bank the scholarship for 2021 and beyond.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom