Kyle Davis of Auburn signs with the CFL out of the Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

Kyle Davis of Auburn signs with the CFL out of the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Kyle Davis, 21, a wide receiver formerly of Auburn and FAU signed with Saskatchewan of the CFL rather than transfer to another college.
The CFL has lost players to the AAF due to better pay and possible better chance for a look at by the NFL. Ben Volin of the Globe said today that many NFL GMs have been scouting the AAF.
The upcoming XFL is going to have a 4 tier pay system so I expect more players to leave college to play in the XFL, and if more American players head south from the CFL to play in the XFL and the AAF could the CFL poach more players from college with eligibility?
Could this effect players from UConn or Div 1 AA football leaving to go pro early? I think of college hockey where disgruntled players from BC, BU, PC and elsewhere to play in the AHL or ECHL instead of staying 4 years or transferring to another college program.
In 10 years could this be a trend?

Reaction Score
Kyle Davis, 21, a wide receiver formerly of Auburn and FAU signed with Saskatchewan of the CFL rather than transfer to another college.
The CFL has lost players to the AAF due to better pay and possible better chance for a look at by the NFL. Ben Volin of the Globe said today that many NFL GMs have been scouting the AAF.
The upcoming XFL is going to have a 4 tier pay system so I expect more players to leave college to play in the XFL, and if more American players head south from the CFL to play in the XFL and the AAF could the CFL poach more players from college with eligibility?
Could this effect players from UConn or Div 1 AA football leaving to go pro early? I think of college hockey where disgruntled players from BC, BU, PC and elsewhere to play in the AHL or ECHL instead of staying 4 years or transferring to another college program.
In 10 years could this be a trend?

There needs to be a 5th league before we need to worry.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Saw this report yesterday and couldn't believe that players with eligibility were going pro. It is rumored the XFL is going to go hard after these players.
Tom Brady's agent wants to start a league next year in California for players who don't want to go to college and get paid to play football.
Your quote about 5 leagues......that was said about the USFL 35 years ago - it proved you had room for many pro leagues

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom