Kyla's three | The Boneyard

Kyla's three

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I have a fun distraction for you. Go to the replay of OSU game and and go to 1:19.40 mark. It is the spot where Kyla shoots her three. Pause it at the release. I taught shooting for 30 years as a coach. IMHO that is really good form. With those mechanics her percentage should be much higher. My guess is that opportunity and confidence are preventing her from being one of the better shooters on the team. That stroke isn't broke.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kyla did a number of nice things in the game including hitting that 3. When she was subbed out at the end of the game, Geno put his arm around her and spoke to her at length. I suspect it was something to the effect, “ You gave us solid minutes tonight. We need you to do that every night.”

Kyla will never be a great athlete, but she’s smart, works incredibly hard and is a fundamentally sound basketball player.

Reaction Score
I have fun distraction for you. Go the replay of OSU game and and go to 1:19.40 mark. It is the spot where Kyla shoots her three. Pause it at the release. I taught shooting for 30 years as a coach. IMHO that is really good form. With those mechanics her percentage should be much higher. My guess is that opportunity and confidence are preventing her from being one of the better shooters on the team. That stroke isn't broke.

as somebody coming off the bench she's always going to defer to the starters unless she has a sitter but she should take a few more shots then she does especially in the fourth quarter.............on an A10 team she'd probably be a 10-12 point per game scorer

Reaction Score
I'm a Kyla fan... First... She is from PA (so there's the "Homer" connection)... and although she will never be the Star of the Team, she plays with intensity, she is determined, she is a Team Player. I liked the 3...but also liked the way she ran the floor on the break and took the last second and quick pass from Danger for a layup. I didn't see the interaction with Geno when she came off the floor...but she did give solid minutes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
as somebody coming off the bench she's always going to defer to the starters unless she has a sitter but she should take a few more shots then she does especially in the fourth quarter...on an A10 team she'd probably be a 10-12 point per game scorer
Hey, watch that. The SLU Billikens are in the A10.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
as somebody coming off the bench she's always going to defer to the starters unless she has a sitter but she should take a few more shots then she does especially in the fourth quarter...on an A10 team she'd probably be a 10-12 point per game scorer

Kyla came out of HS a high scorer. Nearly as good with the left as the right. Good midrange and long range. A-10 make it 20 a night. UConn role is box and rebound with the occasional shot. Proud of her perseverance. Geno's confidence has grown. I hope for a solid contribution throughout the year.

Reaction Score
Kyla came out of HS a high scorer. Nearly as good with the left as the right. Good midrange and long range. A-10 make it 20 a night. UConn role is box and rebound with the occasional shot. Proud of her perseverance. Geno's confidence has grown. I hope for a solid contribution throughout the year.

it's very difficult to score 20 points a game in any conference..........from what I can tell from the A10 stats I've seen, nobody scored 20 points per game last year in the A10 and it appears two players are doing it so far early in the season.........

Reaction Score
I have a fun distraction for you. Go to the replay of OSU game and and go to 1:19.40 mark. It is the spot where Kyla shoots her three. Pause it at the release. I taught shooting for 30 years as a coach. IMHO that is really good form. With those mechanics her percentage should be much higher. My guess is that opportunity and confidence are preventing her from being one of the better shooters on the team. That stroke isn't broke.
She is shooting 100% on threes so far this season. Pretty good percentage.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That picture perfect stroke has always been there since HS. In HS she was also much more mobile, so mobile in fact that I thought she might be able to play SF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom