Kyla Irwin: "I've never heard them yell like that..." | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin: "I've never heard them yell like that..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"To call State College Area High School's Kyla Irwin a gym rat might be an understatement.

I love being in the gym," Irwin said prior to a recent Lady Little Lion basketball practice. "I really have a passion for it. I really have a desire to win."

Over the weekend, the Lady Little Lions captured the Kiwanis Holiday Basketball Classic. In the title game, the Lady Little Lions had to rally from an 18-8 deficit to defeat Burrell, 50-46. In the locker room at halftime, Irwin said that the coaching staff — Mom and Dad — had some choice words for the squad.

"I've never heard them yell like that," Kyla says with a smile.

She recently gave a verbal commitment to UConn, arguably the greatest dynasty in collegiate athletics. According to Irwin, it wasn't a hard decision.

"The atmosphere of the practices was great and the girls were so welcoming. I ate lunch with (the players) and I didn't feel like I was a burden sitting with them. They were asking me questions and I was telling them stories. It was just great chemistry. The campus is really nice. It's awesome," Kyla says.

[LINK] to the full article.

Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb and say Geno can yell louder...
Ya I was thinking maybe the parents/coaches are ramping it up a little in order to prepare her for half times to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom