Kyla Irwin Highlight Video | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin Highlight Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.

Good range. Seems to specialize in behind the back passes. :rolleyes: Able to finish around the hoop through contact. Maybe a tad slow by college standards. Could be a classic 'work horse' and I do not mean that in a derogatory manner at all. If Geno and coaches like her I like her!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very good range. The behind the back pass enables her to continue to engage the defender to the advantage of the shooter ( and very handy at it too). She has what I call economy of movement. Can work of left hand and right down close. Absolutely insane angles on the glass. The kid is 15? I don't care if Geno likes her. I love her.

Reaction Score
WBB- appreciate that link. ALOT to like there, though granted it is "highlights." Seems like a lot of highlights at that, so that is a good thing. , especially thru the eyes of a man who only had one highlight.
Think Stokes could learn a thing or two from this kid in terms of "wanting it" though she (Stokes) does seem to finally be getting things right as of late last year and last night. Irwin shoes very nice footwork around basket, strong rebounder, nice touch on her shot. And talk about "finishing in traffic," this kid finishes THE traffic! Get out the way! Felt OK about the signing before seeing this....now feel quite good about the signing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow. How is she not a top 40 or so kid in the rankings? Here's what I saw...
  1. Great ability to use both hands both in dribbling AND in shooting
  2. The behind the back passes were way too frequent to be "just a lucky pass", and she used them effectively
  3. Very nice handle for a 6'2" kid
  4. "quicker" than I thought she would be. Certainly not a Mo-Jettster, or athletic like Williams, but definitely mobile and has a decent lift for a kid of her heft
  5. Surprisingly very long range. The first 6 or so shots in the video were all her hitting from beyond the arc. But all we saw were her makes - no idea what her % is
  6. Nice form and gets her shot off quickly as well
I really liked what I saw. Will she be a starer or "merely" a role player? It doesn't matter because she's got skills, and by all accounts has an amazing attitude and work ethic and will fit right in. I can see why Geno offered her...

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.

Good range. Seems to specialize in behind the back passes. :rolleyes: Able to finish around the hoop through contact. Maybe a tad slow by college standards. Could be a classic 'work horse' and I do not mean that in a derogatory manner at all. If Geno and coaches like her I like her!

I heard this same comment about Stephanie Dolson and she turned out to be pretty good. Kayla might become a great UC player also.

Reaction Score
Her great size and knack for rebounding mixed with her ball handling and shooting skills gives her all the tools needed to be a great "Stretch 4".

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.

Maybe the back round music made everyone appear slower than they actually are? That was horrible!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Maybe the back round music made everyone appear slower than they actually are? That was horrible!
Phew. I was worried I was the only one that felt that way.

Reaction Score
I'm impressed. And they say her stock is rising which means how scary good she can be. Her IQ alone proves she's UConn readiness. #moregreatness'16 can't wait

Reaction Score
I'm impressed. And they say her stock is rising which means how scary good she can be. Her IQ alone proves she's UConn readiness. #moregreatness'16 can't wait
I think this video helped calm down some of the fears for her signing. She's going to make more than a few Boneyarders happy in her UConn career. She has skills and such a great mental approach and with her drive, watch out!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
  2. The behind the back passes were way too frequent to be "just a lucky pass", and she used them effectively
  4. "quicker" than I thought she would be. Certainly not a Mo-Jettster, or athletic like Williams, but definitely mobile and has a decent lift for a kid of her heft
  5. Surprisingly very long range. The first 6 or so shots in the video were all her hitting from beyond the arc. But all we saw were her makes - no idea what her % is
I really liked what I saw. Will she be a starer or "merely" a role player? It doesn't matter because she's got skills, and by all accounts has an amazing attitude and work ethic and will fit right in. I can see why Geno offered her...
It seems as if Kyla may be higher in the next set of rankings. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree. Like her finishing with both hand around the basket. And the ability to shoot from distance. Looks like she likes to bang around the basket. Great to have some bangers along with the finesse players. Could be a nice 4 for UCONN. Maybe a starter at some point or maybe just some depth.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Granted she has really good post skills, outside shooting and so forth, yet as I watched this I thought: run the offense through this kid, just as they did with Stef.

Reaction Score
She certainly has the skills UConn requires of post players. She has a lot of similarities to another player UConn recruited in Sara Hammond. Maybe not as strong and athletic as Hammond, but similar height, build, and skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom